• waste of typing time. pls trade your ideas in silence :(

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Entry on rising MACD support..

Attachments

• Dow 5min369.png
    Dow 5min369.png
    126.9 KB · Views: 190
Thanks boys, good stuff. BTW China, what is the Holy Grail test?
Cheers, hampy

if ADX(14,14) shoots above 30, 20 ema turns out to be "holy grail" support on pullbacks to follow - that is Lynda's definition of a trend

Gotcha, Similar to the 100ema bounce on Chartman's Dow thread then.
Thx, hampy

actually identical mate, 20 ema/5 min is ruffly identical to100 ema/1min

i dont think CM uses ADX leaps from 10ish to above 30 to define trends tho. i may be wrong here :)

wednesday 26th

stop, dont ask me how ADX is computed :D i just follow the mail line, not the up and down (red and blue) lines. Lynda's definition of trend relates to the main line.

I won't be posting all my today's trades as the day was a bit of a drag. Suffice to say, I traded 8 times and came out with only 4.25 pts profit - fed my broker so to speak :devilish:

what I will publish tho is ES 60 min chart. I find this point quite confusing since there are 2 factors in place pulling in opposite directions:

1) the fact that 50% fib worked today as a strong sup, wud normally suggest that 61.8% (1121.5) wud be reached shortly.

2) on the other hand, I am very concerned with this incrememntal top ES is recording (thick red line). Alternatively, call it a bear flag in the making.

Attachments

• E-Mini S&P 500 (Jun. 2004)- 60 minute.jpg
    E-Mini S&P 500 (Jun. 2004)- 60 minute.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 227
How about an inverse H&S

Maybe we will see a push up from here. That would be great because then we can short the top :D

Attachments

• Dow 5min370.png
    Dow 5min370.png
    191.9 KB · Views: 224
Maybe equal moves

If we do get a rally, maybe it will develop like this.

Adios.

Attachments

• Dow 5min371.png
    Dow 5min371.png
    133.9 KB · Views: 211
thursday 27th

very quickly today.

entries and reversals r as usual solid lines, stoplosses - black dotted ones. The red dotted line at about 15:00 is stoploss hit triggering reversal to long.

also Tick chart. Stoploss please's :LOL: yellow lines proved most useful.

Attachments

• CME-ES04M- 5 minute (all sessions).jpg
    CME-ES04M- 5 minute (all sessions).jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 211
  • Nyse Issues Up&down Ratio- 5 minute.jpg
    Nyse Issues Up&down Ratio- 5 minute.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 215
China,

Just like to say hello and hope u are doing well. Its good to see you posting again as this thread was dying away without you.

Fini, many thx mate. good to hear from u. sorry I've bn hiding for a bit - loads of travel + unfortunately some unpleasant comments from some of our members who seem to be under impression this thread is a bit of waste. Thats why btw i started a poll of what ppl think of this thread. No names will be mentioned, but I do strongly urge those ppl who reckon this thread is p*nts to 1) place their negative votes, so I know what ppl DO really think, and 2) at least respond to my e mails. I like critique of my ideas LOADS more than praise - since it makes u think - but at the very least there needs to be a 2-way communication.

many thx to u Fini and all u lads/lassies who openly exchange ideas here and on other threads. personally I think this is an excellent community (better than p*****ck :) even though our chat room died), and I hope everyone's intention is to keep it that way.

Skimbleshanks said:
The dark side is inhabited by those of us who trade on price and volume only (no indicators or fib levels or divergences, etc).

Can we been honorary darker siders Skim?? We're know to use an odd fib or two :eek: :) ))
So its seems we're in limbo..;)

Great thread China,
Always read this one & appreciate the work/input :cool:

Thx

CJ

Last edited:
china white said:
unfortunately some unpleasant comments from some of our members who seem to be under impression this thread is a bit of waste.

CW - don't be so crazy!!!

This and the 'no inds' threads are the best on the site.

I actually go to the trouble of pulling these two threads' posts into an offline document which I update on a weekly basis - charts and all.

After the disappearance of a similarly interesting thread a while back - I take no chances.

It also means I can review things while sitting in the garden, bath, train....

China, there are unfortunately a few people whose unpleasantness and sheer vitriole towards others beggars belief. They seem to think that they are very special indeed, and yet their only contributions on these boards rubbish the posts and opinions of others, both new and old faces on these boards.

They never give anything, they never tell anyone even the remotest scrap of information about their trading, which is revealing in itself. All they do is knock others, continually. Step back and ask yourself why they do this. I always believe it is because they are frustrated, stubborn, and losers. So they vent their anger on others.

If only they could realise that the special information which will help them turn a corner in their trading will only ever come from their personal interaction with other traders. So by being rude and obnoxious to everyone here they are guaranteeing failure.

Chin up, Mr White. You're doing a sterling job on this thread, and long may it continue to inspire others, and challenge them to think.

Skimbleshanks said:
China, there are unfortunately a few people whose unpleasantness and sheer vitriole towards others beggars belief. They seem to think that they are very special indeed, and yet their only contributions on these boards rubbish the posts and opinions of others, both new and old faces on these boards.

They never give anything, they never tell anyone even the remotest scrap of information about their trading, which is revealing in itself. All they do is knock others, continually. Step back and ask yourself why they do this. I always believe it is because they are frustrated, stubborn, and losers. So they vent their anger on others.

If only they could realise that the special information which will help them turn a corner in their trading will only ever come from their personal interaction with other traders. So by being rude and obnoxious to everyone here they are guaranteeing failure.

Chin up, Mr White. You're doing a sterling job on this thread, and long may it continue to inspire others, and challenge them to think.

China M8

Don't let the *******s get you down.

Back to more important matters, I am beginning to use the MACD setting on the 1 and 5 minute charts more and more. That big yellow line break you saw on the Tick coincided with the 5 min MACD of ES switching to a positive mode.

Of further interest the MACD of Tick switched from resistance to support and signalled further longs that coincided with 123s.

Attachments

• Dow 5min374.png
    Dow 5min374.png
    58.4 KB · Views: 213
  • Dow 5min375.png
    Dow 5min375.png
    102.2 KB · Views: 205
China, ignore the di*ckheads - this, no indicators and CM dow thread are the tops.

Mind u, forex is catching up .....

cheers m8

A Darker shade

a320 said:
Can we been honorary darker siders Skim?? We're know to use an odd fib or two :eek: :) ))
So its seems we're in limbo..;)

Great thread China,
Always read this one & appreciate the work/input :cool:

Thx

CJ

Master of the "Dark Square" trading club :?:

Nice to see China back in harness, interesting and informative charts as well. And - don't let the b*ggers get you down :cool:

Boa Dia China,

For what it's worth China, you get the thumbs up from me anytime. If some droit cant see the benefit of your insights, then thats their problemo - not yours. Keep it up m8!! (I still dont like fib numbers though hehehehe)

Everyone else:

To be honest, I've never seen many posts that are insulting on T2W - maybe you're talking about my posts!! lol.

Although I'd agree that blatant criticism is a bit weak, I think we've got to bear in mind that often the tone of a post can be misinterpreted. Also, perhaps some people get a bit miffed at the 'over analysis' that sometimes goes on especially when trading is made out to be some dark art and complex activity by some who clearly post dross and potentially fatal 'advise' from time to time.

Lets lighten up a bit folks. If people get upset by some jerks post, then Id hate to think how upset they get when they face a loss + slippage. I think you've got to have a thick skin in this job. Dont let it get you down - it will only impair your trading.