Trading chairs

Racer

No not trading shares, trading chairs!

As traders have to sit around a lot, which one do you like the best? Any suggestions/comments? There are a variety about, some are saddle shaped to give your back a correct position.. does anyone use them?

Phantom of the Pits says you should have a rocking chair, what do you think?

And what about a footrest, do you use them?

I think this is an important aspect for trading because if you are unfortable you are not relaxed and poor posture can cause health problems (as discussed on another thread)

Last time I checked Silver Fox do the basic Aeron chair a bit cheaper than the URL above. If you go for anything non standard, i.e. leather arm rests of the sexy looking chrome finish then delivery times go up to a month or so.

I use a approx £100 chair from Costco which can be adjusted in many ways, very comfortable and no problems so far, but not quite an Aeron either.

Stew

PS Silver fox at http://www.silverfoxfurniture.com/

FibCouple
Those are the chairs we used to have at the Enron office. Very comfortable. I did also use one of the orthopaedic chairs for a while too and that worked nicely as it stopped me hunching over all the time.
One thing i do suggest is one that swings around and is height adjustable otherwise have not noticed a huge difference.
For those who are fitter maybe squatting for an hour a day at the desk can also help

Just to add,
I did find a good review on a traders chair here;
http://daytradinglife.com/worlds-best-day-trading-chair/

Looks good,, quite a thorough review also, worth a read.
Back support looks good.
Good job it's built to last, as the initial cost is quite high for a chair I think.
Still,, "you get what you pay for."
:)

Attachments

• stock-trader-chair-lg.jpg
    stock-trader-chair-lg.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 1,022
Just to add,
I did find a good review on a traders chair here;
http://daytradinglife.com/worlds-best-day-trading-chair/

Looks good,, quite a thorough review also, worth a read.
Back support looks good.
Good job it's built to last, as the initial cost is quite high for a chair I think.
Still,, "you get what you pay for."
:)

Nice trading chairs there, but your reply is about 7 years too late :LOL:
Next time try to be punctual. lol

Peter

I thought I'd blow the cobwebs off this thread as I'm due a new chair. My Ikea office chair is very well made with an all metal frame. It's served me well, but the padding's gone and I can never remember it actually being that comfortable. The stuff on sale in places like Staples just doesn't look up to the job - lots of plastic (that looks like metal). I don't mind spending a few hundred on a new'n because it's an important tool of the trade, any recommendations?

Last edited by a moderator:
. . . I don't mind spending a few hundred on a new'n because it's an important tool of the trade, any recommendations?
Hi cbrads,
I imagine you've already done a search and seen some other threads on this topic. If not, this one might be of interest: Office chair.

Please let us know what your research turns up; recommendations and stuff to avoid etc. It's been quite a while since this topic was discussed, so I imagine the options and prices are rather different now.
Tim.