Health Tips for Daytraders

I have changed my diet over the years:
I dont necessarily follow the 5:2 diet, but do have the odd "fasting day".
I do eat more fruit, and have reduced my meat intake, and eat more veg. I have massively reduced potatoes (chips!!), and reduced bread intake.
If I am hungry, I tend to eat grilled tomatoes to fill me up, knowing it should be low-calorie, without starving myself.
I do drink more water, instead of juices.

I struggle to get into an exercise regime.
But my biggest bugbear is sugar! I have tried all the alternatives, xylitol, stevia, etc, but they all have a weird after-taste. I cant be sure, but I think aspartame gives me headaches.
(good link Fugazsy. Theres also a youtube by Dr Lustig about sugar being a toxin.)

Good advice and ideas, guys.

For me, it's simple balance, I don't drink fizzy cr@p during the day, but I'll have a beer as & when of an evening or weekend.
Green tea, then couple of cups of coffee in the morning (no sugar), cereal with lots of berries/fruit for breakfast are pretty much my only real must have to start every single day.

Imo we would have to live like monks to totally avoid additives/sugar etc, I have quite an addictive personality, so I make myself aware of potential excess.

One other thing I do know, if I don't sleep well I am absolutely rubbish the next day, I'm not one of these people that can survive on 3 hours a night.

Joe

Cereals are full of sugar.

If you cannot sleep well your body is not in balance and anxiety may also kick in as a consequence.

Food which raises endorphin levels may be considered like eggs, cottage cheese, avocado, nuts, poultry....

Supplements may also help like magnesium and so on....

Yes I am a monk where the body is my church and my heart is my God.

Fugzs

Last edited:
Joe

Cereals are full of sugar.

If you cannot sleep well your body is not in balance and anxiety may also kick in as a consequence.

Food which raises endorphin levels may be considered like eggs, cottage cheese, avocado, nuts, poultry....

Supplements may also help like magnesium and so on....

Yes I am a monk where the body is my church and my heart is my God.

Fugzs

Hey Fugzs, aye the cereal is full of sugar (though I do stick to the "healthier" types) the fruit is full of natural sugar, it's everywhere.
I do make a conscious effort to eat well, I am pretty much the weight I should be & exercise regularly enough to feel physically very fit (as we've said, a must if involved in this vocation)

Good points re the sleep, I am ok on the whole, but a bad night is a nightmare for me the next day.

Nothing wrong with monks by the way, I guess I could be a monk myself, with habits.....(alright alright, that was bad, couldn't resist)

Interesting point about supplements by Fugazsy.
I take omega3.

for what I have learned and applied to myself the best nutrients derive from good mood food, but sometimes they are not enough especially when the body has beed deprived and poisoned with foods like coffee', sugar, alcohol and tobacco for a while, here supplements together with food is best.

Good read is "the mood cure" by Julia Ross.

Last edited:
Hey Fugzs, aye the cereal is full of sugar (though I do stick to the "healthier" types) the fruit is full of natural sugar, it's everywhere.
I do make a conscious effort to eat well, I am pretty much the weight I should be & exercise regularly enough to feel physically very fit (as we've said, a must if involved in this vocation)

Good points re the sleep, I am ok on the whole, but a bad night is a nightmare for me the next day.

Nothing wrong with monks by the way, I guess I could be a monk myself, with habits.....(alright alright, that was bad, couldn't resist)

I understand you, many people have those problems unfortunately......It is not nice.

Sometime is physical, sometime is psychological, often is both, magnesium with calcium can help the muscle to relax, if you are twitching it can also be a lack of iron.....

Psychologically if you worried the for the next day being tired it will not help you to sleep but will only feed your restless thinking......vicious circle.

You should not worry, who cares if you are a bit tired the day after? If you do not worry you will follow asleep.

When you cannot sleep focus on your body, inside out, all the sensations, when a thought arise just be aware of the thought and go back on the sensation of you body.

When you cannot sleep take it as a great opportunity to stay with yourself......in brief if life gives you lemons make a lemonade......no sugar.:)

for what I have learned and applied to myself the best nutrients derive from good mood food, but sometimes they are not enough especially when the body has beed deprived and poisoned with foods like coffee', sugar, alcohol and tobacco for a while, here supplements together with food is best.

Good read is "the mood cure" by Julia Ross.

What do you mean by "good mood food"? I'm assuming that's not like comfort food, since that's delicious but not exactly healthy.

Had a terrible sleep last night so i will have a nap later at about 1.30pm.
Played a lot of table tennis for the club last night so i was high off that.I cant switch off after sports but im not worried.I sleep gr8 usually though.
I tried to tailor my diet around the game so i had nuts and a banana whilst playing and plenty of fluids.
I am going to start eating more porridge and will have that instead of my rice cakes tonight.I like honey with porridge.

What do you mean by "good mood food"? I'm assuming that's not like comfort food, since that's delicious but not exactly healthy.

No, they are not the same, they are the opposite.

Fish, poultry,eggs, beef, lamb, pork, venison, buffalo, dairy protein, veggies, fruits....

Have a look at Julia Ross, she know her stuff...... I am not an expert.

Last edited:
Saw this mentioned on BBC-click the other day - Nootrobox. Somewhat pricey but people are taking them apparently.

https://nootrobox.com/

A friend was really keen about putting something together like this after watching the movie Limitless. There are lots already in market place. Here's another.

http://www.brain-smart.net/

Having said all this, having a cup of coffee and a chocolate walnut brownie is just great for me as a quick boost. Appreciate it's not ideal but certainly tastes wonderful and hits the right spot in the brain. (y)

Well, the best rest for a trader is an active one, and the healthiest too! I'd try to maximize the time you spend outside, take some active sport, etc. You know what's better than being rich? Being rich AND handsome) So I'd take my free time to do some exercise.

No, they are not the same, they are the opposite.

Fish, poultry,eggs, beef, lamb, pork, venison, buffalo, dairy protein, veggies, fruits....

Have a look at Julia Ross, she know her stuff...... I am not an expert.

Those are all the things I love, so that would be a diet I would enjoy immensely.

You guys are making me hungry! Why don't you go and stuff while I'm trading? Just leave a couple of nuts on the plate---I'll be fine!

Those are all the things I love, so that would be a diet I would enjoy immensely.

This is my diet .....of course in moderation. Love my three eggs with a cup of cottage cheese in the morning......or lunch with an avocado, more protein and fruits.

Fish or meat and a lots of green in the evening with fruits.

I still love my pasta and Italian bread but I have very little, when I make "spaghetti alla marinara" the little pasta is covered by a lot of mixed fish....

No sugar at all but only a little when my family makes some home made cakes.....

I also drink a lot of water and not coffee, occasionally I have a decaf when with people.

I do not eat any package food unless is tuna but not often.

Rarely I drink alcohol and believe me I use to drink a lot.........

Why all this? Because I feel better. Simple.

Last edited:
. . . when I make "spaghetti alla marinara" the little pasta is covered by a lot of mixed fish....
I'm comin' round to yours Fugs, just gimme an address and a time and I'll be there. Sounds absolutely yummy. I'll bring the wine, although I guess you won't be having any!
:cool:
Tim.

This is my diet .....of course in moderation. Love my three eggs with a cup of cottage cheese in the morning......or lunch with an avocado, more protein and fruits.

Fish or meat and a lots of green in the evening with fruits.

I still love my pasta and Italian bread but I have very little, when I make "spaghetti alla marinara" the little pasta is covered by a lot of mixed fish....

No sugar at all but only a little when my family makes some home made cakes.....

I also drink a lot of water and not coffee, occasionally I have a decaf when with people.

I do not eat any package food unless is tuna but not often.

Rarely I drink alcohol and believe me I use to drink a lot.........

Why all this? Because I feel better. Simple.

Reading all this makes me feel hungry. Especially the part about the eggs.

I'm comin' round to yours Fugs, just gimme an address and a time and I'll be there. Sounds absolutely yummy. I'll bring the wine, although I guess you won't be having any!
:cool:
Tim.

Tim

I will drink with you (I do drink when people are around), just make sure is white (fish).:)