trading across six pairs..

There is something different about the PA in forex compared to futures...don't know what it is can't put my finger on it yet but those banks have screwing you down to a science! The moment I place a trade I'm underwater...every time.
Everything from sending money to family to MA activity goes through this market. This is where the randomness comes from. Aside from that there are investment inflows and outflows that correlates with economic activity as well as short term speculation. Its also the biggest market and central bank manipulation of several billion only reflects a fraction of the daily volume in London alone. Something like 5.3 trillion trades every day in this market.. The banks aren't screwing you. You will more easily find brokers doing that type of activity. Banks do conduct orders for clients as well as speculative trades for their own trading desks.

I think if you are going to peruse this route of trading fx without applying fundamentals, you need to understand that it is going to take

1) a strategy that can at least provide good signals amongst the inevitable losers.

2) very very strict money management to preserve your account as much as possible.

3) a strategy to maximise the winners as much as possible

4) steady head to accept you will lose as much as you win but through your rules over the long run you will gain

Even with this all in place, the odds are stacked against you but this the nature of making money in a market that is driven by factors not being accommodated by your trading strategy. I can make suggestions but only you can make the decision. Just be conscious that you could be trapped in his loop for many years which would be a waste considering there is a way to become profitable. Would you kick yourself if you are still trying in 5 years without progress. Maybe set yourself a timeline before you approach this with fundamentals included in your strategy.

Everything from sending money to family to MA activity goes through this market. This is where the randomness comes from. Aside from that there are investment inflows and outflows that correlates with economic activity as well as short term speculation. Its also the biggest market and central bank manipulation of several billion only reflects a fraction of the daily volume in London alone. Something like 5.3 trillion trades every day in this market.. The banks aren't screwing you. You will more easily find brokers doing that type of activity. Banks do conduct orders for clients as well as speculative trades for their own trading desks.

I think if you are going to peruse this route of trading fx without applying fundamentals, you need to understand that it is going to take

1) a strategy that can at least provide good signals amongst the inevitable losers.

2) very very strict money management to preserve your account as much as possible.

4) steady head to accept you will lose as much as you win but through your rules over the long run you will gain

Even with this all in place, the odds are stacked against you but this the nature of making money in a market that is driven by factors not being accommodated by your trading strategy. I can make suggestions but only you can make the decision. Just be conscious that you could be trapped in his loop for many years which would be a waste considering there is a way to become profitable. Would you kick yourself if you are still trying in 5 years without progress. Maybe set yourself a timeline before you approach this with fundamentals included in your strategy.

Why does forex move so slow? Big difference b/w any forex pair and YM futures for example. why?

a big part my problem with forex is I place a trade and watch it. and watch it. and watch it till i'm bleary eyed, and doesn't move anywhere. then i get distracted come back, and I'm down, more often than up. it's frustrating.

i think there is a real place for a broker to offer the pairs X3, like some ETF's do.

Get the juices flowing, get some action going on.

Because Volatility is generally between overlapping sessions and around news events. Outside of these you get random sentiment that's driven by other news events like central bank speakers, geopolitics etc.

Between that is noise and randomness.

look at this pop on EURO, that's manipulation, blowing out stops

they are aholes, don't give me this sht about all economics..all about BS

What pop. It's been stepping up since 3pm bst. Looks to me like you are focusing on the noise.

you are one step ahead of the bank, when they put their release out? how is that?

you are one step ahead of the bank, when they put their release out? how is that?
Nope, I see what they are seeing. The market is huge it doesn't account for new news in a blink of an eye. There is generally enough time to react withing a few seconds to make dosh

look at this pop on EURO, that's manipulation, blowing out stops

they are aholes, don't give me this sht about all economics..all about BS

Let me just point out that taking out stops is a strategy used by individual traders also. It's not just something which can be done by "banks". If people are silly enough to put their stops where the whole world and their granny knows where they are, then they deserve to get taken out.

Bigger traders need to get orders filled.

Nope, I see what they are seeing. The market is huge it doesn't account for new news in a blink of an eye. There is generally enough time to react withing a few seconds to make dosh

"just another day in life of banking for the customer, biz as usual"

thats BS!!!!!

they ran stops AHEAD of the DOW surge

if this is noise why are they running this higher?

when was last time you saw "noise" running this 30 or 40 pips higher?????

where is the economic release here?

BS

active advance against existing positions

the EURO run up for last two hrs and who knows how much longer, who anticipated that?

its aholes running stops, the likely explanation

why? because they can.

no economics needed, its not "noise"

noise doesn't look like that

the EURO is busting higher on economic release.:innocent:

they will take out every short they can

if this is noise why are they running this higher?

when was last time you saw "noise" running this 30 or 40 pips higher?????

where is the economic release here?

BS

active advance against existing positions
All the time I see small moves like this. It can also be correlations such as the dollar weakening which is what is currently happening