Tradestation 8 & Tradestation 2000i

inkosis

Hello everyone,

I'm a bit confused what is the differenc between:

Tradestation 8 & Tradestation 2000i

are they by the same company?

I looking to buy some software for my options trading, and am trying to decide from esignal, metastock or tradestation, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I more inclined towards tradestation, since i've been told metastock language is very hard to learn.

Thanks
Sam

Tradestation 8 is the latest product and requires a $99 per month subscription and $50,000 liquid assets

Tradestation 2000i is a standalone product that does much the same thing with add on's etc

Jonnyt

Tradastation 2000i

Hi JonnyT

Thanks for you help on that

Is the Tradestation 2000i an old product or is it still support and upgraded?

Do you know if it suitable for options?

Thanks
Sam

JonnyT said:
Tradestation 8 is the latest product and requires a $99 per month subscription and $50,000 liquid assets

Tradestation 2000i is a standalone product that does much the same thing with add on's etc

Jonnyt

TS2000 is not available any more in the US but is available in Europe (including on this site). TS8 is entirely internet based and as JonnyT says TS2000 is a stand alone product.

I dont trade options but I do think that it is suitable for trading them as their is a strike price option in GlobalServer as shown here:

Paul

Attachments

• GSoption.gif
    GSoption.gif
    23.1 KB · Views: 1,149
I like that bit! Where can you get the add ons? Is there any (customer) service or support networks for them?

Tradestation 2000i UK stocks & forex datafeeds

Hello

I am interested in using TS 2000i in order to back-test UK stocks & forex trading strategies. I would like to know which datafeeds people would recommend for both - for intaday and EOD, historical/backfill data and ongoing future data?

I have heards of www.scmagic.com for forex data, is this compatible with TS 2000i?

Many thanks

jtrader.

How far back do you need data ?

I dont think that scmagic is compatible with TS2000i and if you are able to get ascii data it will only work in TS2000i for End of day, ie it will not work in intra-day format.

Paul

Esignal works with TS2K tho be warned - IT IS DAMNED EXPENSIVE!

Hi Trader333

TS 8 comes with 1.5 years historical intraday forex data. While this amount may not be totally necessary, i would like as much as is practical. For EOD data, 3 years +?

Besides historical data, I would also like ongoing EOD & intraday data.

For either forex or LSE, would the proposed datafeed come as a single datafeed, or is there a chance that I would need seperate feeds for EOD and intraday. My current single esignal feed covers both EOD and intraday. Do all datafeeds tend to do this?

Cheers

jtrader

Last edited:
Although esignal works OK with globalserver I do not think it ideal for FX and indeed for EU futures esignal does not provide continuous contract so there is a problem if you want to backtest over a long period. For US futures esignal do provide continuous contracts but they are not back adjusted.

If you wish to look at US markets and FX TS8 may be by far the best bet for ease of operation. If you need EU markets too then TS2k is your only option as far as TS is concerned as TS8 allows only TS's own datafeed which does not yet include any EU products.

I use esignal and have found that using globalserver works, but is not the most elegant solution. I like the esignal platform on its own so decided to suffer the problems that globalserver downloads give me. For FX I often get gaps in the intra-day data unless I leave the thing running 24hrs. Also occassionaly it crashes when downloading historical data.

Used to use TS4 and futuresource and that seemed to work better but not sure if this is still an option. Need to shop around if deciding to use TS2K for best data provider for what you require, whether this is real-time or EOD.

Be aware TS2000i is NOT supported anymore. Unless you're a relatively good techie I would use TS8.
I have used TS2000i for 2 years and it is good - but it has its quirks.

You can however use rt metaserver (add on) to take a feed directly from an IB account - cheapest way I know of getting data - but no history.

russell

inkosis said:
Hi JonnyT

Thanks for you help on that

Is the Tradestation 2000i an old product or is it still support and upgraded?

Do you know if it suitable for options?

Thanks
Sam

rdstagg said:
Be aware TS2000i is NOT supported anymore. Unless you're a relatively good techie I would use TS8.
I have used TS2000i for 2 years and it is good - but it has its quirks.

You can however use rt metaserver (add on) to take a feed directly from an IB account - cheapest way I know of getting data - but no history.

russell
Then potentially you can get data from SCMagic into TS2000i...

JonnyT

You can get data from SCMagic into TS2000i by a combination of Mnd2Txt and Hypertools for XPO (both freeware).

Last edited:
IB now has backfill data for its own charting utility.(I asked and it can't be used to backfill Sierra (apparently)?((or tradestation))?

Hello

can anybody provide me with a link that leads to the page from which I can download service pack 4C (or the latest revision of service pack 4) for tradestation 2000i?

Also, does service pack 4 need to be installed before service pack 5?

Many thanks

jtrader.

I've just had a look in the tradestationworld.com file library - where it's possible to download indicators/strategies that have been posted. These appear as .ELD files (easy language?). Does a person need to have tradestation installed in order to use these files?

Is it in any way possible to join tradestationworld.com without being an owner of, or subscriber to - Omega software? If so, how?

Thanks again

jtrader.

Does a person need to have tradestation installed in order to use these files?

As far as I know "Yes"

Is it in any way possible to join tradestationworld.com without being an owner of, or subscriber to - Omega software? If so, how?

As far as I know "No"

Paul

PS I am a member of TradestationWorld and I am licensed user of the software.

Hello TS2000i users

I was under the impression that TS2000i came with many existing strategies included/built in. When I look under - go - tradestation strategybuilder - I only have eleven existing strategies.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Is there anywhere where I can get hold of more existing strategies?

Thanks a lot

jtrader.