Tradestation 8 & Tradestation 2000i

Hello Forum,,,hope some one can help...I have an old version of trade station 2000i and trying to upload a newer version ,,,it seems that my computor has the old unlock code in it's memory and wont allow me to use the new unlock key code..I have already (several times) erased the original program from my computor before installing the new version ,,,,does anybody know how to fix this issue,,,,greatly appreciate it,,,,Dton

Paul,,,,after hours and hours of work ,,,,I finally got trade station to work,,,,,,,,I just wanted to let you know how nice and though full it was for you to send me those specific directions.....I would never have been able to get it to work,,,,,,Your a good man,,,,many thanks and I want to wish you a very happy and prosperous year,,,,,,Regards Danny (dton)

Danny,

I am pleased you got it working and I hope it proves profitable for you.

Cheers

Paul

Trader333 said:
Danny,

I am pleased you got it working and I hope it proves profitable for you.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,

Is TS2000i still available someplace to buy? I have an older (1999 or so) version with a limited time key or password which expired then. Any help would be appreciated.

Alexander

HI,
Trader333, I have Omera research pro 2000i suite seems work fine but i dont know how to open tradestation 2000i.
can you give me direction how to do that
thanks

I am not sure what you mean ? Are you saying that you cannot open a chart ? Prosuite includes all the features of tradestation.

Paul

I've been out of the trading arena for quite some time but am looking to get into the forex market. For those of you actively using TS2ki for your trading, I'm hoping you can address some of my concerns/issues regarding its use.

1) What service providers do you use, and are there any know problems with the service?
2) Do you need other software (plug-in, dll, etc.) in order for TS2ki to work with real-time data?
3) Have you found any "reliable" and accurate historical data for back testing?
4) I'd like to back test with intra-day/tick data that includes volume info. Has anyone found any accurate data that includes volume information?

Any feedback/input is truly appreciated. Thanks.

1) Well this has varied for me but IQ feed is pretty good.
2) Yes to use IQ you will need hyperserver. You can email them at [email protected]
3) Yes as above
4) Volume information for forex is of no use in my view as it is not a true measure of the real volume.

Paul

Paul, IQ Feed appears to be for real-time data only, i.e., they're not a broker so you can't place trades with them. Who have you found to be a good broker for placing trades with?

I don't place trades through my Tradestation platform and must have misunderstood your requirements.

Paul

I was looking to do actual trading with TS2ki. I ultimately want to develop a trading strategy and, therefore, wanted accurate data in order to do back testing, etc.

Paul, are you just using TS2ki for back testing a trading strategy, and use something else to do your live trading? Thanks again for your input.

Does anyone else have any input regarding a reliable forex broker that doesn't trade against you and/or that also enables one to trade using Tradestation 2000i? Further, has anyone found reliable forex data for back testing purposes?

I received the following response from HyperTrader Tech LLC....

Thank you for your enquiry.
We don't longer offer any plugin for forex, but we can offer the FXCM Feed
directly connected and accessible by your TradeStation 2000i.

The FXCM Feed is offered at Eur 79/month and if you have an active FXCM
account with 6 round trip trades per month the feed will be offered free of
any charges.

If you have any further question, do not hesitate to contact us immediately.

Paul, are you just using TS2ki for back testing a trading strategy, and use something else to do your live trading? Thanks again for your input.

I use TS2Ki for analysis only, ie realtime and historical charting and Radarscreen alerts.

Paul