Tradertom. Where's he gone?

trendie

Legendary member
Tradertom had a site where he posted his FX calls.
www.tradertom.com

He normally opened the room at 6:30am, until abiut 11am.

Today his site is no more. (although it was free, he intended to start charging soon.)

Anyone know what happened to him?

He traded from 6:30am to 9pm. (Dow in the evenings)
But then, this reduced to 6:30am to 11am.
He claimed about 600-ish pips last month.
He tended to prefer fading the market. But recently, the markets just blew through his ranges and into trends.

I wonder if he thought his performance didnt justify a subscription or something?
He was thinking about going to subscription for quite a while, and putting it off, but the results didnt seem to justify paid-for calls.

Dunno.

trendie,
You could try contacting via PM/email here on t2w
He uses the name SUNSEEKER and last looked in in June.
He no longer works for City Index afaik
Hope that might help,
Richard

I used to drop in and check out that website. He had a couple of good calls in EUR/GBP earlier in the year, managed to ride the move for 5 pct+ but recently his trading seemed to focus more on 20 pip profits (and moving stop to breakeven was the primary goal). His entry points always seemed fishy.. on occasion he would announce "trade alert in eur/usd"; I would watch spot like a hawk.. then he would announce "I am short from 1.4120" when the range had been 14-18 in the previous minute. Thus his trades had an inbuilt profit bias!

What, this guy?

2_schmiegel_1.jpg

I attended a free seminar he held at City Index once. He presented well, he could certainly carve out a career doing that.

He stood to make a lot of money from this endeavour. Firstly, the monthly charge was in the region of £80 or so. Secondly, the Saxo platform was advertised on the website and by him. For everyone signing up for a new account, he would receive a rebate of 10-20 pct of the bid/ask they crossed. Conservatively, if he gathered 50 clients from this, he would net £10k a month from fees and rebates.

Tradertom had a site where he posted his FX calls.
www.tradertom.com

He normally opened the room at 6:30am, until abiut 11am.

Today his site is no more. (although it was free, he intended to start charging soon.)

Anyone know what happened to him?

I don't know whats happened to him, the whole site has disappeared.

Had an email this morning from Saxo Bank offering some workshops run by Tom Hougaard towards the end of July.

do you get free subscription to advertise? :cheesy:

erm, no. :innocent:
much as I admire him, his performance hasn't been all that hot of late.
its more about having some background chatter during the day.

free sub!! :idea:

I have to say, I would not want to attempt to operate a tip room like that. Essentially the pressure is on for every single trade to either breakeven or make money. But it will be worth his while if he gets enough subscribers, and the real juice comes from when these people start opening accounts with Saxo, as he'll get money back from that as well.

The good thing about the way he trades is his agressive money management. He cuts losing trades short, and moves stop loss to break even quickly if the trade does not move in the right direction fast, hence limiting losses - a lesson from which I have benefitted in my trading.
I first found out about the Live Trading Room about 6 weeks ago, but for family reasons was only able to drop in and out a few times. Then I demo traded Tom's signals for a week, had a week off while he ran workshops in London, did a bit last week while he was having Internet connection problems in Lanzarote, and was all ready to trade hard yesterday.
For a relatively inexperienced trader like me (6 months Forex), I found the quality of the service excellent, and, if he gets the Live Trading Room back open, will definitely subscribe.
The best thing about this service for an improving trader, is to be able to observe how a professional trades in real time - in front of live charts - not back testing a methodology. I know that all the "experts" out there tell us to learn how to do it ourselves, but what better way to learn than by watching an experienced trader at work?
If the Which Way Today live room re-opens, I will subscribe in a minute - no question. For less than a packet of cigarettes a day there is little risk, I am in control of my own trades, and my success and confidence levels are in my own hands.

Last edited:
If the Which Way Today live room re-opens, I will subscribe in a minute - no question. For less than a packet of cigarettes a day there is little risk, I am in control of my own trades, and my success and confidence levels are in my own hands.[/QUOTE]
Which Way Today : Live Trading Room
The Trading room is back open if you want a trial its £50 for 5 days,
if you sign up you get your money back.

If the Which Way Today live room re-opens, I will subscribe in a minute - no question. For less than a packet of cigarettes a day there is little risk, I am in control of my own trades, and my success and confidence levels are in my own hands.
The Trading room is back open if you want a trial its £50 for 5 days,
if you sign up you get your money back.[/QUOTE]

Hi Matt,
Thanks for the quick reply, but I'm afraid that the Trading Room is still down.
If you follow the log in proceedures to the Trading Room, you still get the Error message "This company's account has expired..."
Worth a try though

Here's the link for the log in to trading room: www.whichwaytoday.com/login.htm

Last edited:
Dear God, the guy's username on these boards is/was Sunseeker! Doesn't that tell you something, do you reckon he could afford afford to pay for a propeller, never mind the down payment on one of these boats?

Sorry, but I'm sceptical this sort of stuff.

Cheers

M