Tradertom. Where's he gone?

trendie

Legendary member
6,222 1,003
Tradertom had a site where he posted his FX calls.
www.tradertom.com

He normally opened the room at 6:30am, until abiut 11am.

Today his site is no more. (although it was free, he intended to start charging soon.)

Anyone know what happened to him?

trendie

Legendary member
6,222 1,003
He traded from 6:30am to 9pm. (Dow in the evenings)
But then, this reduced to 6:30am to 11am.
He claimed about 600-ish pips last month.
He tended to prefer fading the market. But recently, the markets just blew through his ranges and into trends.

I wonder if he thought his performance didnt justify a subscription or something?
He was thinking about going to subscription for quite a while, and putting it off, but the results didnt seem to justify paid-for calls.

Dunno.

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
7,364 1,181
trendie,
You could try contacting via PM/email here on t2w
He uses the name SUNSEEKER and last looked in in June.
He no longer works for City Index afaik
Hope that might help,
Richard

meanreversion

3,398 535
I used to drop in and check out that website. He had a couple of good calls in EUR/GBP earlier in the year, managed to ride the move for 5 pct+ but recently his trading seemed to focus more on 20 pip profits (and moving stop to breakeven was the primary goal). His entry points always seemed fishy.. on occasion he would announce "trade alert in eur/usd"; I would watch spot like a hawk.. then he would announce "I am short from 1.4120" when the range had been 14-18 in the previous minute. Thus his trades had an inbuilt profit bias!

meanreversion

3,398 535
I attended a free seminar he held at City Index once. He presented well, he could certainly carve out a career doing that.

meanreversion

3,398 535
He stood to make a lot of money from this endeavour. Firstly, the monthly charge was in the region of £80 or so. Secondly, the Saxo platform was advertised on the website and by him. For everyone signing up for a new account, he would receive a rebate of 10-20 pct of the bid/ask they crossed. Conservatively, if he gathered 50 clients from this, he would net £10k a month from fees and rebates.

Matt321

83 2
Tradertom had a site where he posted his FX calls.
www.tradertom.com

He normally opened the room at 6:30am, until abiut 11am.

Today his site is no more. (although it was free, he intended to start charging soon.)

Anyone know what happened to him?
I don't know whats happened to him, the whole site has disappeared.

Matt321

83 2
Had an email this morning from Saxo Bank offering some workshops run by Tom Hougaard towards the end of July.

trendie

Legendary member
6,222 1,003
do you get free subscription to advertise? :cheesy:
erm, no. :innocent:
much as I admire him, his performance hasn't been all that hot of late.
its more about having some background chatter during the day.

free sub!! :idea: