Tradertom. Where's he gone?

I want to join. Toms a classic chartist anorak :)
He always made the right calls. The only trouble is you need a mega bank to trade his trades as he is a position trader . Thus big drawdowns possible before profit sighted .In my view ...only for the strong hearted . Lanzarotti eh....sunseeker landed in of all places Lanzarotti .Crumbs... give me Hawaii anyday . Lanzawot? Thought he had more style that this :|

I want to join. Toms a classic chartist anorak :)

I've been to two of his free seminars (sponsored by SB companies).

Extremely entertaining, and apparently instructive.

However, I was always rather disappointed that his email newsletter, to which I signed up after the seminars, never arrived regularly. I kept thinking it had stopped, and then one would come out of the blue. His then website contained some good stuff, which was sometimes updated regularly, other times sporadically.

This did not fill me with confidence.

I didn't bother looking at the live room, since I was busy doing other things, but I would certainly go to another (free!) seminar, just to see how the old rogue is getting on.

He can certainly talk the talk.

He always made the right calls. The only trouble is you need a mega bank to trade his trades as he is a position trader . Thus big drawdowns possible before profit sighted .In my view ...only for the strong hearted . Lanzarotti eh....sunseeker landed in of all places Lanzarotti .Crumbs... give me Hawaii anyday . Lanzawot? Thought he had more style that this :|

Well, our own trader_dante's method also can involve drawdowns, but if you look at one of his recent postings (in the £80 trading journal - not his) he is demonstrating building up a small account using his method. A lot cheaper than paying Tom Hougaard.

Why ? If you position size correctly this is not needed.

Paul

Quite correct Paul!
I followed his trades off and on (family issues recently kept me away from full time) both demo and live. My worst draw down was 18 pips!
And you don't need big position sizes either. Most stop losses were 20 - 25 pips behind entry price, and he's remarkably accurate at catching big swings.
Agreed that when you follow someone trading live, you can't always catch the exact entry price - when it's moving fast, but generally I was within 5 pips - otherwise I sat out the trade - and watched it rocket into profit!
If I was 5 pips late into the trade, that saved me 5 pips if the trade went the wrong way - so overall it balances out.
I also found the whole experience good fun and very educational.

If Trader Tom re-surfaces I will subscribe - 100% for sure. Along with David Paul, the analysis was very accurate, and winning trades exceeded losers by a healthy margin - what more could you want from a signals service for day trading?

If he's gone AWOL, which would be a pity, can anyone recommend alternative services - day trading the London session?

Yes i came on here today because i noticed Toms site was gone, though he did mention a few weeks ago that his site was being rebuilt and trading would now be on whichwaytoday.com. I can see some sceptical posts here regarding Tom Houggard, so i feel i should let you know about my time following Tom.

Now i have followed Tom for some time now, as my aim is to shadow good traders and market commentators to realy make sure im "in the know" at all times, and to here a variety of market views to form my own opinion. For around 5 or 6 months i followed Tom on TraderTom.com and then whichwaytoday.com. There are around 10 people i realy take notice of (regarding the markets) and Tom is one of them.

From my experience, Tom, who used to work for a spread betting company, CMC markets if im not mistaken, has a very good technical understanding of markets, often Tom will let you know a week or two in advance as to the comming trend.

Tom prefers to trade currencies (which i do not), and he has money management skills that are quite frankly "top notch". People may say he misses a lot of trades etc, and misses big moves, but that's what makes him realy good, his money management never wavers, and your either in or out of a trade, break even stops is a favourite of Tom's, but once you trade with Tom for a while, you will start to see the logic of his strict money management.

From my own personal dealings with Tom, i can tell you he is not an internet "guru", and is very down to earth, which funnily enough may well be his biggest achilies heal ATM. You get the feeling that Tom is not 100% internet savy, and he is almost a one man band, where as he could realy use a tight team of maybe 3 people to help him out.

Tom usually trades the euro/us dollar and us/pound in the morning, and the DOW futures in the afternoon (S&P minis), although he may trade other currencies and the FTSE or DAX. Tom may post a swing trade and currency pairs occasionally.

I personally think Tom misses opportunities in other markets due to being a one man band outfit, and i realy hate FOREX myself (not that that ultimately matters). Tom has also not long quit full time work, and is trying to establish himself in the online trading world.

So to sum things up, if you like making money, trading forex, and S&P minis and can follow Toms strict money management, then you will love Tom. I would think Toms appeal would be towards beginner traders and intermediate traders. Beginners could not have a better teacher IMO.

If you dont like paying for a top trader, would like to trade multiple markets, need action at all times, and are looking for a guru to tell you something you want to hear, then Tom may not be for you. Tom also goes off for days or maybe a week to conferences, though im sure this will change for paying customers.

That is my honest opinion of Tom. Personally i have a rule of not paying for services on the internet, as i prefer to form my own opinions and trade accordingly, but i will say that following Tom for free i did make a small gain.

I would encourage people who may be interested in Tom to do some homework and make up your own mind, but i certainly did increase my money management skills 100% watching Tom, and you can't buy that.

Yes i came on here today because i noticed Toms site was gone, though he did mention a few weeks ago that his site was being rebuilt and trading would now be on whichwaytoday.com. I can see some sceptical posts here regarding Tom Houggard, so i feel i should let you know about my time following Tom.

Now i have followed Tom for some time now, as my aim is to shadow good traders and market commentators to realy make sure im "in the know" at all times, and to here a variety of market views to form my own opinion. For around 5 or 6 months i followed Tom on TraderTom.com and then whichwaytoday.com. There are around 10 people i realy take notice of (regarding the markets) and Tom is one of them.

From my experience, Tom, who used to work for a spread betting company, CMC markets if im not mistaken, has a very good technical understanding of markets, often Tom will let you know a week or two in advance as to the comming trend.

Tom prefers to trade currencies (which i do not), and he has money management skills that are quite frankly "top notch". People may say he misses a lot of trades etc, and misses big moves, but that's what makes him realy good, his money management never wavers, and your either in or out of a trade, break even stops is a favourite of Tom's, but once you trade with Tom for a while, you will start to see the logic of his strict money management.

From my own personal dealings with Tom, i can tell you he is not an internet "guru", and is very down to earth, which funnily enough may well be his biggest achilies heal ATM. You get the feeling that Tom is not 100% internet savy, and he is almost a one man band, where as he could realy use a tight team of maybe 3 people to help him out.

Tom usually trades the euro/us dollar and us/pound in the morning, and the DOW futures in the afternoon (S&P minis), although he may trade other currencies and the FTSE or DAX. Tom may post a swing trade and currency pairs occasionally.

I personally think Tom misses opportunities in other markets due to being a one man band outfit, and i realy hate FOREX myself (not that that ultimately matters). Tom has also not long quit full time work, and is trying to establish himself in the online trading world.

So to sum things up, if you like making money, trading forex, and S&P minis and can follow Toms strict money management, then you will love Tom. I would think Toms appeal would be towards beginner traders and intermediate traders. Beginners could not have a better teacher IMO.

If you dont like paying for a top trader, would like to trade multiple markets, need action at all times, and are looking for a guru to tell you something you want to hear, then Tom may not be for you. Tom also goes off for days or maybe a week to conferences, though im sure this will change for paying customers.

That is my honest opinion of Tom. Personally i have a rule of not paying for services on the internet, as i prefer to form my own opinions and trade accordingly, but i will say that following Tom for free i did make a small gain.

I would encourage people who may be interested in Tom to do some homework and make up your own mind, but i certainly did increase my money management skills 100% watching Tom, and you can't buy that.

I agree 100% with your analysis!

This is like the Tom Houugard fanclub website! He should be quids in when everyone starts signing up.

I think his approach to risk control is superb and should be adopted by all beginner traders. Ok, so you are not going to double your account overnight, but then again, you aren't going to go bust.

I find some of his technical reasons a little random at times and I have a sneaking suspicion he has a spot trader mate at a bank who lets him know about flow, which will then lead to him coming up with a convenient technical reason.

None the less, entry into a trade is only half the battle and how you manage it and exit is the other half, and that's where his approach comes into its own.

He did nail some massive moves in EUR/GBP earlier in the year but now seems to look more for 20-30 pips, which is a bit of a shame. I think the "need to be right" has led him down this road, and I would question how many clients of his can faithfully follow all his trade ideas. In other words, it would be good to see him slap on a few medium term ideas as well.

He's a charismatic fellow with a penchant for waistcoats, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend his training sessions. He also belongs to that group of traders that want to educate novice traders so they don't make the obvious mistakes. This is in stark contrast to the online providers, who give way too much leverage = rope to hang yourself with. I rarely use more than 5:1 leverage but it's easy enough to get 100:1. This means you can wipe out your entire account in a few minutes, if you are unlucky/foolish enough.

Yeah, I hope so!
As you say meanreversion, trade entry is only half the challenge, and his trade management instincts really helped me. Waiting to move stop loss, and not getting stopped out early of winning trades, and cutting losing trades quiclky - to name two money management skills which I've learnt.

He's a charismatic fellow with a penchant for waistcoats, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend his training sessions. He also belongs to that group of traders that want to educate novice traders so they don't make the obvious mistakes. This is in stark contrast to the online providers, who give way too much leverage = rope to hang yourself with. I rarely use more than 5:1 leverage but it's easy enough to get 100:1. This means you can wipe out your entire account in a few minutes, if you are unlucky/foolish enough.

LOL, yes if you were VERY LUCKY you may have seen him wearing braces/suspenders, very old school cool! :cool:

Good News.
Trader Tom and David Paul's Live Trading Room is back on line, must have had some kind of IT problems .
Open again live from 06.30 BST, tomorrow July 9th at Which Way Today : Live Trading Room, and free until the end of July.
Enjoy!

Cool, will drop in tommorrow. Tom probably rang up the automated phone service of Roy and Moss on "the IT crowd", and recieved a prompt solution to his problem! :LOL:

I attended one of Tom's workshops recently at Saxo in CW. For me, as a beginner trader, it was very helpful and the contrasting styles and areas of speciality of Tom and David make for a fun and intense couple of days.

My only complaint is that since attending I have not received a single reply to my emails to either presenter.

That's a pity. Still, I wait in hope as they were important questions... to me at least.

Also, Tom was out on holidays for a bit and the hacker attack occurred during that time. All back to normal now and free until the end of the month.

Simmo

I attended one of Tom's workshops recently at Saxo in CW. For me, as a beginner trader, it was very helpful and the contrasting styles and areas of speciality of Tom and David make for a fun and intense couple of days.

My only complaint is that since attending I have not received a single reply to my emails to either presenter.

That's a pity. Still, I wait in hope as they were important questions... to me at least.

Also, Tom was out on holidays for a bit and the hacker attack occurred during that time. All back to normal now and free until the end of the month.

Simmo

He is back on line at whichwaytoday ATM. As i mentioned Tom is not the most net savvy person in the world, i think he sent me a four word email reply once! LOL.

BTW what has a hacker got to do with anything? Are you suggesting Tom is a part time hacker when OS? and his internet naivety is a shrewd cover?

I watch spooks on TV here in Aus, was Adam Carter involved? Please tell me more!!! i am intrigued now.

That made me LOL. Great conspiracy theory too ;-)

Not much was really said about "the incident" but the room went offline for the best part of a week. All OK now.

......so hes back from Lanzarotti...musta run out of cash ?
......new website eh......must join right away........