Trader-Dante trader training for spread betting is he any good? Proof not words!

Well this is it, in a word....................no. Once you cross the bridge to charge people money you are no longer a trader as before, you're a trading vendor, so your description the hare is spot on. There's no numbers (historical records) at all on his site - nothing. As traders we deal with numbers, promises will not increase our trading accounts.

Well this is it, in a word....................no. Once you cross the bridge to charge people money you are no longer a trader as before, you're a trading vendor, so your description the hare is spot on. There's no numbers (historical records) at all on his site - nothing. As traders we deal with numbers, promises will not increase our trading accounts.

looks like you will have to sweat over researching your own approach now then:)

Dante had an internet blog up a few years ago. It wasn't a trading blog more of random thoughts types blog.
In one of the posts he confessed to repeatedly wiping out his trading account and re seeding it multiple times, and he wasn't talking about the distant past. He mentioned he saw it as similar to the way Livermore used to repeatedly fail at trading, so he was almost proud of the fact his failure pattern was similar to Livermores.
As soon as the URL for the blog found its way into trade2win he took the blog down.

We want numbers, as they never lie! Come on Tom, where are they?

You want numbers on how many traders he has made profitable or numbers on if he is profitable?

I believe both are mutually exclusive.

Yes I see some attempts of sabotage, shame on you, call yourself traders (those who attack the ones that search for truth and wish to weed out the fakes in the trading world, and promote the ones that are real).
Still no numbers, so far I take it as there are no numbers or news apart from a blog full of blown accounts that Trader Dante (Tom) was proud of at the time but took it down - interesting, perhaps we are uncovering the truth?

Numbers as in fully audited trading history of the method he charges to teach, statistics, the good stuff that real traders use and keep.

Yes I see some attempts of sabotage, shame on you, call yourself traders (those who attack the ones that search for truth and wish to weed out the fakes in the trading world, and promote the ones that are real).
Still no numbers, so far I take it as there are no numbers or news apart from a blog full of blown accounts that Trader Dante (Tom) was proud of at the time but took it down - interesting, perhaps we are uncovering the truth?

Numbers as in fully audited trading history of the method he charges to teach, statistics, the good stuff that real traders use and keep.

You believe some are real and the real ones can teach you to trade?

You believe some are real and the real ones can teach you to trade?

Before someone can teach trading and charge, I would expect first that they should be able to prove that they can trade and profit from what they are selling - do you find this logic unusual?

Before someone can teach trading and charge, I would expect first that they should be able to prove that they can trade and profit from what they are selling - do you find this logic unusual?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately not. Can your next door neighbour be taught to be a professional tennis player? Evan by Novak Djokovic.

That is the minimum of what they should provide before charging any fees. If they have been using the methods to trade and profit then it will all be there for posting. But if they don't post any proof then how can anyone have any kind of trust.

I don't know who this guy Trader-Dante is, nor do I care as I was only taking a look at this thread today. But sounds like hes been milking a few people dry from what I have the grasp of.

He has had a few threads here which he states were awards on his site, he tweets and through the tweets advertises his services. He has been asked for proof but side steps the questions and in my opinion should be carefully watched and approached with caution until he provides proof and statistics that can be checked to protect the inexperienced and traders who are desperate to make money in this business.

Because you know the answer is open ended. Firstly yes my neighbour could become a professional tennis player just as easy as the Turtle experiment worked.

Of course not all are cut out to be traders, but it helps to know the teacher can first trade themselves, rather than a failed trader who knows only how to talk the talk, and just wants money from unsuspecting people.

Because you know the answer is open ended. Firstly yes my neighbour could become a professional tennis player just as easy as the Turtle experiment worked.

Of course not all are cut out to be traders, but it helps to know the teacher can first trade themselves, rather than a failed trader who knows only how to talk the talk, and just wants money from unsuspecting people.

I would describe a trader as an entrepreneur.

I do not believe someone can be taught to be an entrepreneur.

I would describe myself as an entrepreneur; I would also state that throughout my life I have been associating with entrepreneurs and none of these influenced my businesses in any way.

The Turtles screened thousands of people for the trading room, whittled this down to a very very select few, then trialled them and then whittled them down further.

For someone like myself who believes trading cannot be taught the second question of is someone up to teaching or not becomes pretty redundant.

Truth Seeker. This line of questioning has been done to death. Can you just go and read the 1000s of threads that have argued this point.

It's clear you have a problem with Trader Dante. Why dont you put it behind you and move on.

Truth Seeker. This line of questioning has been done to death. Can you just go and read the 1000s of threads that have argued this point.

It's clear you have a problem with Trader Dante. Why dont you put it behind you and move on.

You are so wrong! I do not have any problem with him at all - why so defensive? I'm asking normal logical questions, if you can't see that I don't see the point in you posting here.

Regarding the early post saying trading cannot be taught - utter rubbish. But first it needs a teacher who can actually trade and provide proof of this with no shadow of a doubt.

There really are some strange replies so far, most are of the defensive posture trying to rubbish my position of wanting proof - strange indeed.

Still no proof, still no numbers. Speaks volumes.