Trader-Dante trader training for spread betting is he any good? Proof not words!

Recall for example FX Streets risible series of Mike Baghdaddy's "trading the New York session" webinars

Week after week those webinars where promoted inviting attendees to join mike as he put his firms money on the line in a live trading event. After each event, the forum promoted those events as live trading events.

Did anyone actually question the fact that NOT a single live trade had been called (without incurring a ban from the FX street moderators)

What do you think would happen if such shinnangins where promoted at the zoo ? Do you honestly think vendors would be held to account ?

Any half decent vendor could drive a coach and horses through the latency granted to them thanks to the technology used for these events.

If t2w agreed to be complicit in hosting such an event,they'd be queuing around the block to have a dabble.

It's all well and good to argue that webinars expose the truth, they don't, and that's precisely why trading vendors are so fond of them. Lets not forget 99% of the muppets attending couldn't tell their **** from their elbow.

Funny thing about "live trading webinars" - it'd need to last way more than an hour because an hour could easily pass without a live trade.

Are there any vendors that show statements?

T2W are thankfully aware that the past few years of this site have seen a serious deterioration in content which they are trying to rectify.

Can you direct me to the decent content here by gifted traders? Or even just the nics of the gifted traders? I am aware of a few skulking full time traders on here but none that post front-to-back trade analysis, method or 'secret sauce'. Just the odd tit-bit to chew on.

Here is some secret sauce (switch to HD)

Long ES Trade - 19th December, 2012 - YouTube

Boring though. No trade until 20 mins or so. Would people be willing to sit through 2 hours of "this looks ok BUT...." before getting an "I'm taking this one"???

Here's some more secret sauce from elsewhere

Day Trading ES Using DOM Order Flow - Subscribe For More Videos - YouTube

It's better, shorter as it's edited. People will cry foul at this because it is edited, which is what people want. Actually, people will cry foul at both because they are recorded and not live.

There's another issue. People want a signal you could drive a bus through when the reality is that the difference between taking a trade or not is quite subtle. It's not what people want to hear.

So, in the end, it's probably not posting this sort of thing... A lot of want day trading to be something it isn't - exciting, turn on and trade in 5 minutes, obvious. It's none of those things. It's a bit boring, nuanced and with long gaps between trades.

It's a bit like watching Gone With The Wind

The "knowing how to play" in trading is turning a profit. If you can't turn a profit, you don't know how to play the game and anything you teach is probably irrelevant.

Well, in any other game the good players have no trouble playing a stroke or 2 to demonstrate their ability to play the game. However, in trading few are willing to play a stroke. Instead we are expected to accept them are good players. Why do you think that is ?

Indeed - and of course, a newb wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a real trade & SIM trades.

This id fakery: Trade it Don't Date it (The Livestream stuff at the bottom)

When he puts on his trades, the depth doesn't change. So he adds on 25 contracts but 25 contracts don't go onto the DOM - which of course is live.

Funnily enough, I had someone Skype me this AM. He's watching some guy trade in a room & the guy keeps getting filled at extremes. The guy says "I use TT, so my limit orders are at the exchange" and tried to convince people he's getting great fills because of his platform.

So the market zooms up, 20 contracts trade at a level & Mr Perfect gets filled there. Of course, the reason he's getting filled is cause he's on SIM. So even live is open to tomfoolery.

Of course, with experience you can tell the difference but at that point you probably don't need teaching anyway.

Well, in any other game the good players have no trouble playing a stroke or 2 to demonstrate their ability to play the game. However, in trading few are willing to play a stroke. Instead we are expected to accept them are good players. Why do you think that is ?

If I'm trading a single method, I might typically take up to 2000 trades per year. About a half of those trades will be losers. Runs of consecutive losers are not uncommon. Consecutive losing months are not uncommon.

Do you really think anyone is interested in following that ?

The irony of course is that ledgendary members at the zoo, when presented with equity curves and statements immediately jumped to the conclusion that they'd been photoshopped :LOL:

Its undoubtably true that a good tennis player or golfer could give a reasonable demonstration of their skills with one or two strokes. You can usually identify a bad trader quite quickly, for example the fool doubling an account in 2 weeks, or risking 50% per trade or using Spanish stops, but the difference between success and failure is so small that you need a far larger sample to get an idea of who knows wots wot. Even them its still hard to differentiate between skill and luck

Indeed - and of course, a newb wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a real trade & SIM trades.

This id fakery: Trade it Don't Date it (The Livestream stuff at the bottom)

When he puts on his trades, the depth doesn't change. So he adds on 25 contracts but 25 contracts don't go onto the DOM - which of course is live.

LOL and he thought he wouldn't get caught ?! At least he is entertaining his viewers with movies ......

If I'm trading a single method, I might typically take up to 2000 trades per year. About a half of those trades will be losers. Runs of consecutive losers are not uncommon. Consecutive losing months are not uncommon.

Are you kidding they will curse you , seriously if you have a low max DD and low sub fees you might get some subscribers ....

LOL and he thought he wouldn't get caught ?! At least he is entertaining his viewers with movies ......

You go on there when he's trading 'live'.

Point out that the number of contracts on the DOM didn't change when he added 25 contracts.

And be ready to get torn apart by the fans....

Legend, lolz. There are load of fakes around, usually they are the ones who can't produce real proof of their claims.

Yes, I am. Why else would I ask to see statements and call outs ? If you want to demonstrate 2 years worth of strokes, come to the box thread and show us. Anything goes in that thread. But I think I can tell a good trader from bad within 10 strokes. Only the other day, I could tell someone was a beginner from the first stroke.

Still waiting Tom Trader Dante - where's the statements and statistics to back up your account growth from a couple of grand to £400k trading the SFP pattern you teach? You wouldn't want anyone to think you're a fake now would you?

Still waiting Tom Trader Dante - where's the statements and statistics to back up your account growth from a couple of grand to £400k trading the SFP pattern you teach? You wouldn't want anyone to think you're a fake now would you?

You really shouldn't hang around waiting for a reply from one who doesn't feel you are an important factor in his life. Your trading would improve greatly if you spent time on a demo trying out your own trading approach distilled from the many approaches spread across the pages and forums of T2W and other sites.
Good luck

You really shouldn't hang around waiting for a reply from one who doesn't feel you are an important factor in his life. Your trading would improve greatly if you spent time on a demo trying out your own trading approach distilled from the many approaches spread across the pages and forums of T2W and other sites.
Good luck

Neil the pussy. It's not a case of not being important - it's a case of not being able to produce the proof. But you know this of course and have only added insults on this thread, and if you think you're clever by doing that, think again, you're transparent. Why you would back someone who charges with no proof is beyond me. Each to their own.

Why you would back someone who charges with no proof is beyond me.

I don't think he backed him with any money or have any intention to as he knew better. The only one looking to back him with money is you. If your money is burning a hole in your pocket, you can always give it to me.

Neil the pussy. It's not a case of not being important - it's a case of not being able to produce the proof. But you know this of course and have only added insults on this thread, and if you think you're clever by doing that, think again, you're transparent. Why you would back someone who charges with no proof is beyond me. Each to their own.

It is a case of mind over matter.

He doesn't mind as he does what he does and no doubt, reason why he left this site is precisely because of douchebags like you who don't matter.

Wish you all the best on your quest... :)

Truth Seeker.

You're being very rude (again).

There are no statements. No vendor shows statements.
There is no uncovering to be done. You either become a sub of Tom or move on.