Best Thread Trade2Win's 10 Year Anniversary - Day 5 (Anatomy of a Trade)

I interpreted EJ's PM as an alert to those people who had voted for her first trade, in case they had not noticed that the voting had had to be extnded, because of the dead-heat.

The remark about not listening to the clip was clearly a joke, albeit based around a bit of false modesty.

If DT had PM'd me in a similar manner, I wouldn't have thought any the less of him for it.

I was slightly tempted to buy a Kindle, but was put off when I realised you could not relate text in the Kindle to pages within the printed book, which would negate one of the uses I would have had for it (quickly finding references which are hard/slow to find in voluminous printed books).

i think the owners can be dissappointed with the way this competition is finishing :|

in the beginning it was nice and lots were good sports by making trades like on sports and fading others and there was some good fun. i tried to make it fun as well by talking up my trade and saying about a new competition and everything but nearer the end it went downhill fast.

then it got "cliquey" and then there was an "anti-clique" i think with bogus voting being acknowleged but ignored and then messages and everything and in all that which has been the best contributions and even the nice atmosphere have been lost in the Sturm und Drang.

if i was a mum or a dad i would take away the kindle because nobody can play nicely.

But as well I am not a mum and dad so:

:!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!:

DinoToast has said on this blog that if he gets the most votes then he will let me have the kindle. I dont know why because they look cool but whatever he said it so I am not going to look a horse in the mouth :p

Then if everyone votes for DinoToast it will not be because of trades or cliques because all that is lost now and no fun. I can be a protest vote and request for new competitions with my reviewer $40 amazon vouchers :-0

my competition will not be anything about trading because that is obviously like trying to have a p1ss up in a brewery and too hard.

I will make it a fun one not one from a hat but like "who can make the best poem about trading without the letter T" or something and I will pick the winner not rubbish voting because I will make a competition about something i know loads about so am knowing how to pick a winner!

oh and DinoToast wont be able to enter or EliteJets so noone can say it isnt fair ;)

:clover::clover::clover::clover::clover::clover::clover::clover::clover:

dont let it finish bad everyone it was a good competition week lets finish on a high with a FUN comeptition :)

Just 10 minutes to go and, as things stand currently, elitejets is in the lead with 18 votes against 14 for DT. Still only a 4 point lead and time enough for those who think DT's trade is best to mount a rear guard action . . .

After nearly a week long contest, we have a WINNER!

Congratulations elitejets!!! :clap:

The prize of a Amazon Kindle 3G and $100 of trading books will be winging its way over to you shortly!

Special mention to DionysusToast, who came a close second with two exceptionally good entries.

The final scores from this second round were:

- elitejets (Post #350 - AUD/USD) - 18 RECOMMENDATIONS

- DionysusToast (Posts #342, #343, #346 - S&P E-Mini Futures) - 16 RECOMMENDATIONS

That just leaves me to thank everyone that took part in our 10 Year Anniversary celebrations.

We hope the week of contests and prize was just as much fun for you, as it was for us. I think we'd all agree that T2W needs more contests like these and that's something we're definitely planning on doing this year.

Wow, thanks :)
Dionysus Toast posted a great trade and was very tough competition. Shame there weren't two.

Congratulations to the winner:cheers: - wishing you many happy hours with the kindle.

Commiserations to the loser:( Do not despair - there will be another competition in 10 years time - T2W 20 year anniversary.(y)

Last edited:
Well done Nic! I voted for DT - nothing personal its just his trades were something different to what I have seen before. I am more familiar with your style of trading, just not quite as good! Bad luck DT but very good effort.

Commiserations to the looser:( Do not despair - there will be another competition in 10 years time - T2W 20 year anniversary.(y)
Indeed, despair not.
If there's genuine interest from the members, it might not be necessary to wait that long. Personally, I think it would be great to have a comp' on a regular basis - say monthly - as do some of the Mods. Sharky is aware of our views but, the views that carry the most weight - are yours! (I don't mean you personally bedsit - but the views of the wider membership.) So, if y'all would like to see a regular comp', you need to say so. Loudly! Additionally, it would be good if you suggested some rules and how it could / should be run etc. Perhaps someone might care to start a new thread in the Feedback forum . . .
:whistling
Tim.

Indeed, despair not.
If there's genuine interest from the members, it might not be necessary to wait that long. Personally, I think it would be great to have a comp' on a regular basis - say monthly - as do some of the Mods. Sharky is aware of our views but, the views that carry the most weight - are yours! (I don't mean you personally bedsit - but the views of the wider membership.) So, if y'all would like to see a regular comp', you need to say so. Loudly! Additionally, it would be good if you suggested some rules and how it could / should be run etc. Perhaps someone might care to start a new thread in the Feedback forum . . .
:whistling
Tim.

Great idea Timsk(y)

Why not organize regular competitions with nice examples of different methods. Personally I prefer live trades (or set ups in advance) as opposed to hindsight trading.

PS At first I misunderstood - thinking about my views only being important. Thank you for that short 'self-importance feel good' moment.:LOL:

A regular competition would be a great idea.
Perhaps some vendors would sponsor

Previous winner would be ineligible for next months prize
New members who join after competition starts are ineligible to vote.
ISP filter checks for multi-nics

I like Bedsits advance trading plan idea but bear in mind many day traders sit down with no idea of what they will trade or direction until they see what is moving so would exclude very short term traders

I disagree , votes will be biased , on friendship .... etc , i think there should be another rules , y not normal contest , who makes more money wins , and it is played on a demo account - no reset button :) . But if there is monthly prizes what will Sharky gain from this ?

There is one thread - 'Forex live calls and set ups' where there are some members who post their trades as they happen - quite exciting and could be done apart from scalping trades.

If organised properly competitions would attract more visitors which is always good.
More visitors = more revenue from advertising

let some of the brokers sponsor the contest , we will use their demo platform and they will pay the prize ....

t2w will get page views which is good for advertisers? also promotion, new sign ups, word of mouth etc

one trade is proof of nothing.

in this game the only success is money. so an objective compo would be based on pts won in a week or whatnot on a demo. to keep everyone interested there should also be a small prize for anyone who gets to 150pts, 200pt, 250pts etc a week on 1 market with top prize for top pipster. people could choose any market as long it had the sameish weekly atr [say within 70pts of a benchmark].

also there could a be £5 entry fee which can be returned when they have got 100pts. [to encourage people to continue to 100pts]

Last edited:
Ok traffic for the website i know , but small prizes will not bring traffic ...

t2w will get page views which is good for advertisers? also promotion, new sign ups, word of mouth etc

one trade is proof of nothing.

in this game the only success is money. so an objective compo would be based on pts won in a week or whatnot on a demo. to keep everyone interested there should also be a small prize for anyone who gets to 150pts, 200pt, 250pts etc a week on 1 market with top prize for top pipster. people could choose any market as long it had the sameish weekly atr [say within 70pts of a benchmark].

agree with the points based performance , no over leverage , only points , i think T2w had something like this b4 years ...

Ok traffic for the website i know , but small prizes will not bring traffic ...

vanity plays a big part in compos. some people want [need?] to prove they are the best etc.:LOL:

the benchmark prizes are to give people small targets and have a sense of achievement and not give up. it could be a t shirt ["i got 150pts and all i got was this t shirt"]. so even if people don't win they can have something.

it doesn't mean the top prize is small. however i know people who used to run compos and people will do all sorts of things just for a cup with their name on it. the prize isn't always the motivator.

vanity plays a big part in compos. some people want [need?] to prove they are the best etc.:LOL:

the benchmark prizes are to give people small targets and have a sense of achievement and not give up. it could be a t shirt ["i got 150pts and all i got was this t shirt"]. so even if people don't win they can have something.

it doesn't mean the top prize is small. however i know people who used to run compos and people will do all sorts of things just for a cup with their name on it. the prize isn't always the motivator.

yeah ofcourse it is good to win a contest even without a prize but definitely it will not bring traffic , only usual members will join ... Dukascopy is currently running a monthly contest with a 15k $ of prizes ...

yes. anyone getting 150pts plus a week has no need of a tshirt or compo. that is the dilemma.

so one does it as an in house community builder and for newbies and others to 'test' themselves openly? how much useful mileage there is in that is down to the owners who see the stats.