Best Thread Trade2Win's 10 Year Anniversary - Day 5 (Anatomy of a Trade)

Nic stole my first trade and the AFTD trade was not allowed for some reason.

Robbing boosturds here i swear.

my 100% correct call was the best trade but people want pictures and 'explanations'. really, why make it more complex than hieken ashi ? :cheesy:

Great to see both entrants still in the contest having posted their second trades.

Voting will remain open until 6:00pm GMT today. At which time the winner will be announced based on the total number of votes. If it's a tie again then the T2W Judges will pick the winner. The prize.. an Amazon Kindle 3G and $100 of trading books!

The two new trades are...

- elitejets (Post #350 - AUD/USD) - 16 RECOMMENDATIONS

- DionysusToast (Posts #342, #343, #346 - S&P E-Mini Futures) - 8 RECOMMENDATIONS

To vote, simply click on the links above and press the button that looks like
reputation.gif
on the post you think should win!

For DionysusToast, because his trade is split over three posts, please vote on his exit post #346. (But if someone forgets don't worry we'll aggregate all three)

Don't forget you're not voting on the best trade but the one most clearly explained (breaking the trade down into it's components and explaining the rationale behind the thought process).

Get Voting! :clover:

newton lost a bundle on the south sea bubble saying he could compute the motion of the planets but not the madness of men.

unless you know the order book of the macro funds its always going to be a punt no matter what rationale, even if it is an eloquent rationale, one has for taking a trade?

I have been waiting for someone to comment on the exit & stop strategies here. Not just on mine but on all the posted trades.

Are people mostly interested in the entry and think that what you do once you are in the trade is less important ? You know - scaling in, scaling out, analysis once in a trade, set & forget etc?

Nic - I noticed just all in/all out on your crude change - any reason for the scale out on the Forex trade?

I hold all trades until they reach 3x my risk usually and then I take half off at that point and then the next point I take 1/4 off and final target the last 1/4. On a big swing I will add positions and I exit them the same way.
I am less likely to hold crude overnight and not likely to at the moment with the unrest in the Middle East/North Africa and talk of a possible blocking of the Suez. Also I already had a crude position which is why I closed it all at 3R.

OK - so can someone explain why it is so hard to play this competition straight?

Seriously Nicola - would you sell your soul for a Kindle?

Someone forwarded me the PM that Nicole has been sending out:

elitejets said:
Dear fellow traders
I didn't win the kindle last time, it was a draw :(
If you are not too busy I would very much appreciate your vote in the deciding round of the competition.
If you can't stand listening to my voice, please just recommend my post.
Thanks, Nicola

You do realise it's not a beauty pageant, right ?

Honestly - some people have zero class. What a knob jockey.

I sent that PM to the people who voted for me last time.
And?
Calling me a knob jockey makes you classy?
I have not bad mouthed a single person in this competition.

OK - so can someone explain why it is so hard to play this competition straight?

Seriously Nicola - would you sell your soul for a Kindle?

Someone forwarded me the PM that Nicole has been sending out:

You do realise it's not a beauty pageant, right ?

Honestly - some people have zero class. What a knob jockey.

OK T2W - let's do this.

I know you guys don't get out much. I know you don't have much contact with the opposite sex. So stop salivating & give Nicola the fncking Kindle already.

We know you still counted all the bogus votes she got in ze first round. Like her airtraffic mate that joined to vote & all the multi-nics that voted. Even Barjon counted 2 of them on this thread that had used the same IP.

Just give her the kindle & then you can collect the pics/soiled panties or whatever else it is she's promised you.

Honestly - you guys need to get laid. Seriously.

"If you can't stand listening to my voice, please just recommend my post."

PussyWhipped.jpg

You know it makes sense...

Is that a box of matches in your pocket - or are you just pleased to see me?

Last edited: