Top-Up Fees:Blair is right this time !!!

Her name is Cherie ( masquerading as Kermit the Frog ) and yes, I do believe that a camel would be a much better flatmate than Cherie B-Liar. Probably stink a bit more but camels don't tell lies.

Having read all your comments, i do appreciate what BBB et al think about blair. I do not agree with a super power flexing its muscle as it wishes and neither do i agree with someone overseeing a stupendous dictatorship. I was just commenting on blair's leadership qualities which to a great extent are admirable. what i did not say is that i do agree with some of the decisions he has taken of recent. however, he has not waivered from his conviction and has stuck by what he felt was right under the circumstances that were unfolding before him. whenever a new leader is ushered into power, his/her subjects take a gamble that he/she will take decisions that are in their interest and that is simply what blair did albait being unpopular.
What should be taken from this is that he is ready to take those tough decisions that frankly not many backbenchers or loudmouth's would be willing to take.

Why should I pay for these people if they are not prepared to invest in their own future. However I am concerned for the people who don't succeed what happens then, anyone know?
If the students should protest about anything it's the quality of tuition they receive for their money. They would do better to become consumers rather than protesters.

Cheers

spreadbet

Leadership qualities and decision making and TB..well I suppose if he had to decided to make the charge of the light brigade and had subsequently decided to lead the charge this would be admirable?

I don't see how you can form such a judgement in isolation. The simple fact is we elected Blair et al to govern this country. Instead there seems to be adequate evidence that running this country alone does not seem to provide his ego with a big enough stage. At the last time of looking I don't believe Iraq was part of the UK so one might reasonably ask what were we doing there .WMD , yes, well at last time of checking shells couldn't quite make the distance from the gulf to the UK.

On the plus side I suppose we should be thankful that the world stage provides TB with plenty of opportunity for distraction. I shudder to think what he could really achieve if he brought his full atention to bear on the issues facing this country.

and no I don't admire his leadership qualities/decision making..if I want to make a cockup I don't need anyone to lead me into that event . I'm quite capable of doing it myself.

Cheers

One of the main problems though has to be that b'Liar has surrounded himself by a bunch of fellow sh*theads.

Look at Blunket (no pun intended!) and Prescott. Another couple of morons.

And before anyone else says it...

YES, I DO THINK I COULD DO BETTER!

fair play to you chump. now lets have our facts right. Blair did not make his decision in isolation. He was supported by the conservative party and he had a majority in the house. so although the end result wasn't everyones cup of tea, he put his reasons foward and managed to get his way.
The question one should ask hensefoth is-Were those reasons justified?
that is the major point of contention. not whether Blair has a presidential style of leadership.

BBB you did cover your back with that last sentance. However, I do have just one question for you. Whom do you think would be a suitable replacement for blair?

fitu2, that is question nobody has seriously answered on this thread despite the constant criticism of Blair.............

fitu2-

How about my 2 year old niece?

Failing that, we could drag Maggie out of her crypt.

On a more serious note, I reckon Micheal Howard would have a fair crack at the whip. Even the Lib Dems would be better.

Although I do not care for his politics, I believe that Gordon Brown is probably the only real alternative to B-Liar that would be acceptable to the voting masses. Mind you the vast majority of the masses haven't got a clue what they're voting for anyway.

Brown is an intellectual giant who must surely possess the ability to tell lies in nuclear proportions without it being detectable by the great unwashed.

What about Jordan ? She is very upfront which is very important for this job.

Don't know if she can lie properly though.

Salty - But what about Brown's fantastic idea of selling off half of our gold reserves! What a smart idea that was. He's done that in via the back door, and were STILL broke ! Where has OUR money gone? Why does his corrupt government still need to tax us even more?

HERE IS THE CHALLENGE:

CAN ANYONE GIVE THREE EXAMPLES OF GOOD POLICIES OR BENEFITS THAT bLAIR HAS DONE FOR THIS COUNTRY?

Hard isn't it.

I was going to say that if she keeps her mouth shut she would probably do OK,but on second thoughts why deny her the only advantage that she's probaly got..

Cheers

1. Granting the Bank of England more autonomy possible contender

Cheers

Ok then, what about a Jeffery Archer, Jonathan Aitken and Lord Brocket triumvirate ?

They are all accomplished liars, cheats and rogues.

Absolutely admirable qualities for politicians.

They could appoint Nick Leeson as Chancellor.

U seriously think Michael Howard would be a better alternative..............the guy is a pure opportunist and publicity seeker........just check out his comments about Iraq (esp the Hutton report) ,Gerrard Houllier or even the lack of a proper policy on Education...............The fact that he comes across as a good debater doesn't mean he has leadership qualities..............He was an absolute disaster as Home secretary..............
The Tories are the real reason why Tony Blair has been able to get away with so many of his mistakes......very weak opposition!.
At least the liberals tend to stand by their policies even tho they have no chance of coming into power.