Took out a loan to transition to full-time trading. 24 years old.

Missing some attention, or just pi55ed someone wants more than £10 a day from life.

25k is 25k if he can't pay them it doesn't seem like his legs will get broken.

Not everyone is of the view that 25k is ''potentially massive''. On a tenner a day I guess it might never get paid back.

What's wrong not on track for another £118 month?

Ahhh the resident troll returns! I thought it was you. You've given yourself up :LOL:

A troll isn't someone who is incredulous at your journey of £3.78 a day gambling whilst being unable to make any money trading indices.

Look I left your thread titled look at my pathetic attempt at riches and now you come here to repeat it.

Go have a bet or are you eeking out your £100 till dole day?

A troll isn't someone who is incredulous at your journey of £3.78 a day gambling whilst being unable to make any money trading indices.

Look I left your thread titled look at my pathetic attempt at riches and now you come here to repeat it.

Well you haven't left it really because your still banging on about it. Did I bring it up in here ?? No, you did.

Last edited:
Im lost....all gone over my head as i must have been on a T2W brake during this bit....:p

No he is a failed £2 a point Dax trader and would ''get all frustrated and blow my account if I lost a few trades''. I think that was the gist.

He now started to gamble on the horses and proudly showed his £3.78 a day for last month and I was foolish enough to comment, especially as he started saying it can't be scaled and now it can but anyway with a £100 life roll I think the thread may take a long long time to get to any meaningful level.

His only post here to to criticise my posts as I think he is one of these people that get off on attention, good or bad it's all the same to them. Hence the thread he started just begging to be slapped.

At least this kid here is going for it and has something on the line, rightly or wrongly.

No he is a failed £2 a point Dax trader and would ''get all frustrated and blow my account if I lost a few trades''. I think that was the gist.

He now started to gamble on the horses and proudly showed his £3.78 a day for last month and I was foolish enough to comment, especially as he started saying it can't be scaled and now it can but anyway with a £100 life roll I think the thread may take a long long time to get to any meaningful level.

His only post here to to criticise my posts as I think he is one of these people that get off on attention, good or bad it's all the same to them. Hence the thread he started just begging to be slapped.

At least this kid here is going for it and has something on the line, rightly or wrongly.

I don't really see what the issue is, Yes i tried trading the dax and failed. At least i'm honest about it. Whats that got to do with this or any other thread? I still have the right to post on any thread i like.

I simply pulled you up on here because you made some incorrect and ill informed comments.

Now your back to throwing childish and personal insults around.

And you call me the attention seeker?

Last edited:
Wabu you seem like you've got your head screwed on more than most but there's a 99% chance you're on a road to ruin here. It's pretty obvious you're lacking in money management and as several others have mentioned you've triggered some major pyschological red flags along the way. Eventually you'll get a string of these -10% days in a row, your emotions will completely take over, and you'll lose the lot.

Worst case scenario in a months time you're jobless, moneyless, and owing over $6k/year. It's a risk which is completely unnecessary given your situation. You seem to be in a rush but you are young and have plenty of time - the markets have been around for hundreds of years and they will be around for hundreds more.

I urge you to pay back the $25k, keep your job, read a book or two on money management and trade with your $16k you now have - you can afford to lose this, but the marginal benefit of using the extra $25k is just not worth it.

Whatever happens, good luck.

Bad financial decision

Many businesses borrow money to start or were founded with credit cards or what not.

Yes, but entrepreneurs who do that have a very good understanding of the business before making the plunge. Contrast that with the OP who says "I have lots to learn, so little time, and just one shot."

Note I did say he was obviously not on some super career path or he wouldn't be writing this would he.

I think the downside is just not that huge, 25k and I am assuming $ so let him have a go I say.

You need to consider whether what is being done is a bad financial decision or not and I think it definitely is. Just like borrowing £5000 to spend on lotto tickets is a bad financial decision regardless of how much you can afford to lose. Just don't do it.

We get it, failed trader, compulsive gambler doesn't want anyone else to be a winning trader.

How can you fail on Dax is beyond me.

zzzzzzzzzzz :sleep: More of the same. Your just embarrassing yourself now.

Your going on ignore. I'll let the others deal with you.

I thought I was.

Embarrassing is ''come watch me kick the bookies for £3.78 a day'' thread.

In response to the OP. Making 25% just to break even makes me cringe.

The average Objective for 'Hedgy traders', (style Moore capital) is 00.25 per day before costs etc.....so I would suggest a 2% per month is only a water mark.

The average Objective for 'Hedgy traders', (style Moore capital) is 00.25 per day before costs etc.....so I would suggest a 2% per month is only a water mark.

What on earth as that got to do with the OP's thread............:rolleyes:

Even when you take the APR out the equation, its still a bad idea. IF you owe someone 25k and you lose it. Once paid back you have effectively lost 50K of your money.

Even when you take the APR out the equation, its still a bad idea. IF you owe someone 25k and you lose it. Once paid back you have effectively lost 50K of your money.

I'm a little slow today so I can't quite figure out your maths. Can you provide a worked example?

I'm a little slow today so I can't quite figure out your maths. Can you provide a worked example?

Say you have no money. You borrow 25,000 to trade with and lose it. Your back to Zero and still owe 25,000.

Losses 25,000
Debt 25,000 and no way of generating the repayments, which now have to come from your salary, which wasn't part of the plan. Your effectively taking a pay cut.

Equity swing - 50,000.