Timeouts

Trdr

T2W is the only site I often, repeatedly experience 'Timeouts'.

The problem occurs after opening a thread and spending some time composing a reply to post, there's either a lengthy delay in the posting process or the site simply Timeouts.
What's annoying is losing the 'New Posts'.
Timeouts also occur after reading through a few pages of a thread. 3rd Timeouts is not being able to get the site back up again and re-log.

I visit a couple of other UK sites including the BBC and never have a problem. In my ritual of forum visits, T2W is the last I visit after closing the browser and running CCleaner.

Is it me or T2W ?

Trdr said:

The problem occurs after opening a thread and spending some time composing a reply to post, there's either a lengthy delay in the posting process or the site simply Timeouts.
What's annoying is losing the 'New Posts'.
Timeouts also occur after reading through a few pages of a thread. 3rd Timeouts is not being able to get the site back up again and re-log.

I visit a couple of other UK sites including the BBC and never have a problem. In my ritual of forum visits, T2W is the last I visit after closing the browser and running CCleaner.

Is it me or T2W ?

I have got no problem with T2W it is always working fine. Has this problem been going on for long time to you?

Last edited:
Trdr said:

I used to have this problem when I had dial-up, but more with emails than with websites. I'd spend a great deal of time composing an email, click Send, then nothing. Vanished into the ether. So I got into the habit of composing anything lengthy in Word, then copying it to the email. If it vanished, at least I still had it. And the only extra step is the copy and paste.

Db

bizmanny, off and on during the past month.

dbphoenix, I have a cable connection but yes, especially here on T2W I'll use Notepad, c/p the thread address of threads I want to reply to as I read thru all the New Posts, then compose, go back to the threads and post., and/or log out and return to post later.

But it's annoying after taking whatever precautions I can T2W timeouts just while reading posts and as said the remaining NPs are lost.

It's possible such problems originate this end, the internet process is all magic to me, only noticeable when something goes wrong.

Trdr said:
bizmanny, off and on during the past month.

dbphoenix, I have a cable connection but yes, especially here on T2W I'll use Notepad, c/p the thread address of threads I want to reply to as I read thru all the New Posts, then compose, go back to the threads and post., and/or log out and return to post later.

But it's annoying after taking whatever precautions I can T2W timeouts just while reading posts and as said the remaining NPs are lost.

It's possible such problems originate this end, the internet process is all magic to me, only noticeable when something goes wrong.

I used to have same problem when i was using my old pc. That was because it was full of different programs. I mean a lot of them So i bought new one the problem is sorted now. But i am not expert. This is just my experience.

Here's a 'new look' that appears occasionally, normal after clicking on New Posts.

Attachments

• t2w.png
    t2w.png
    33 KB · Views: 227
I think a lot of the problems at the moment may be to do with the various development work that is being done on the servers.

Once the new site is up and running (a few weeks) then hopefully all these problems will dissapear and there will be a noticeable speed increase; bear with us.