Repeatedly getting logged out

zzaxx99

Is it just me, or does everyone get repeatedly logged out while using this site. I have now had to sign in 6 times, from 3 separate places to go around the site. It seems that every time I go to the Home page, I get logged out.

I remember now that this was happening the last time I was here (which was just after the change to the subscribed threads set-up) - annoyed the hell out of me then, and it hasn't exactly improved with age :devilish:

zzaxx99 said:
Is it just me, or does everyone get repeatedly logged out while using this site. I have now had to sign in 6 times, from 3 separate places to go around the site. It seems that every time I go to the Home page, I get logged out.

I remember now that this was happening the last time I was here (which was just after the change to the subscribed threads set-up) - annoyed the hell out of me then, and it hasn't exactly improved with age :devilish:

Hi

Its happened to me from a terminal at work. I believe that its some kind of Firewall or Internet Security package on the computer you're using. Try unblocking the web address.

:-0

This is driving me nuts!

OK, I've tried adding T2w to my trusted sites list and overrode the cookie protection to always allow trade2win.com. Has made no difference - I was logged in when I first arrived at the home page :eek: (it remembered me, so there must have been a cookie), then I logged in again to get to discussion boards :confused: , again to get into this board :( , again to get into this thread :( , again to post :mad: - and then the first time I posted this, I was asked for the password again after posting, at which time I was told it was an illegal activity, and it discarded my post! :devilish:

Conversely, on this machine, it didn't remember me at the home page, but has left me logged in all around the site! :rolleyes:

So, what specifically do I need to do to get my home machine to keep me logged in?

Hi

Sorry, haven't got a clue BUT you could try posting the problem on the "Techies Corner" forum.

Cracked it!

It appears that the T2W cookies is being treated as a "third party cookie" by ZoneAlarm Pro - I dunno why this is, but I would say it's undesirable for T2W, and it's certainly undesirable to have to turn this off to use the site.

A third-party cookie is a type of persistent cookie that is placed on your computer, not
by the Web site you are visiting, but by an advertiser or other third party. These cookies
are commonly used to deliver information about your Internet activity to that third
party.

Any ideas why T2W cookie is being regarded this way? Or alternate ways to stop it being regarded so?

Have you tried deleting the T2W cookie and starting again ? Sometimes something as simple as that may do the trick.

Paul