Time for another Spank the Bucketshop thread ?

Nothing that I'm aware of.

On these threads we use it as a term of endearment for those companies kindly offering out free money that we then use to spank them with.

Hi CV

Yep, understand that. It just got me thinking about what other people consider the definition of a bucket shop to be. is it based on turnover or behaviour or ethics or something else.

good luck with the free money ;)

Hi highbury

Are they any good (intert rader)? What do you think about ActivTrades?

Thanks

Hi metrader

I'm not the best person to ask as i've never worked for either but from my experience of some people who are involved with each of those companies they seem to be ok. I think the DNA of a firm is important, it tends to set the tone for how they will interact with and treat their clients and as far as i know the DNA of intertrader and Activtrades is good. If the firm is fair which they seem to be you'll be ok. If spreads are a bigger priority to you than say client service then you'll always find a firm who are willing to quote very tight prices but then you know the issues you'll inevitably face with them sooner or later.

all the best.

Hi metrader

I'm not the best person to ask as i've never worked for either but from my experience of some people who are involved with each of those companies they seem to be ok. I think the DNA of a firm is important, it tends to set the tone for how they will interact with and treat their clients and as far as i know the DNA of intertrader and Activtrades is good. If the firm is fair which they seem to be you'll be ok. If spreads are a bigger priority to you than say client service then you'll always find a firm who are willing to quote very tight prices but then you know the issues you'll inevitably face with them sooner or later.

all the best.

Whats 'DNA' mean highbury. My excuse is im racked with cold atm :confused:

Hi metrader

all the best.

I've used quite a few of them, but never intertrader & activtrades. I was considering using intertrader long time ago, but I didn't for some reason. Actevtrades' guys I've met 2 years ago at Royal Mint Court at some kind of fx conference and they looked to me like nice people (the DNA of a firm seemed ok as you mentioned), but never tried them either. I thought I'd better ask you before trying.

Thanks

Whats 'DNA' mean highbury. My excuse is im racked with cold atm :confused:

hi darktone

does the company have genuine intentions? are they fair and do they listen? are their prices and execution methods reasonable and as you'd expect?

you know firms like IG have a great culture that assures the client they're dealing with a strong professional company. That sort of 'DNA' is what you'd want rather than brokerages that scrape the bottom of the barrel as far as they're attitude and conduct is concerned.