TheBramble's Random Squawk

I’m not a sporting type, but I am offering odds on the winners of the Euro 2012 tournament based on prior form.

2004 Greece
2008 Spain
2012 .......(I’m no longer offering odds on Portugal, Ireland or Italy).

FarceBook only has to lose another 12% or so to get to $23.50. Yes, I've raised the Support level a whopping half-dollar.

If they ( Israel, USA ) don't strike soon they will miss the window of opportunity. Iran will have the bomb. Why do they feel they need one ? God only knows but Madandbad is determined. Some sort of Middle Eastern show-off machismo. Saddam Hussein liked to pretend he had WMDs. But now we know it was just bluff. How childish !!
Apparently the new Russian made anti aircraft missile systems bought by Iran are next to useless as the US has bought the codes, frequencies etc.

If only they would talk peace and reconstruction !! Fat chance I suppose.
you cannot be serious, saddam vehemently denied having wmd's, which he didnt have any, its just the us looking for bogey men again, tehran has already said they dont want a nuke, what good would one be against the thousands its percieved enemies has. the thought that iran wants a nuclear war, but has not because of the threat of america and isreal is no more compelling than the arguement that they do not want one nor have ever envisaged one.

SNB currency reserves above CHF300 billion.

I'm closing my EURCHF short....Jordan 1-0 TheBramble.

Spain still have a lot of their youth that have played together for years at Barca. they are a bit older now but still an awesome fielding. Could be on the cards for them again :)

It's got nothing to do with the team. Or the game.

It's in the stars I tell you, in the stars!!!

Whoever wins Euro is next in line to need a bail-out....

What England need to do is just play like sh!t...oh...hang on a mo....

US performance yesterday a flash in the pan. Dow up 61 pts on pre-market and S&P up 9pts.

All apparently based on new found hope that the EU will sort out Spain. And Greece. And Cyprus and…

Sell hope. Buy pain.

FB the new Bellwether.

Gold production (mining) fell 12.8% in SA April YoY. LOL.

Now either it's tougher to find and mine the stuff, or someone wants to diminish supply, or I'm not long gold for nothing.

Be nice if the experts could agree on just how much Spain needs to be able to afford to close its banks. Ranges from EUR 10 billion to 1.5 trillion.

Makes you wonder how they got into this mess in the first place…

Cameron and Obama call for immediate plan to end Euro crisis.

And they both apparently did so with straight faces. I think the problem is, everybody is trying too hard to come up with platitudes that aren’t completely nauseating in their sound-bite simplicity and banal pointlessness; and failing. These guys are sounding like politicians.

Total unification across political, commercial, financial and monetary boundaries or; total disintegration (in its most objective rather than hysterical form) back to how it was pre EU. Sound like a plan?

HSBC to sell its Greek stock broking business to a group of investors led by the unit's current managing director Nikos Pantelakis.

Then calmly (don’t run) they walk away. I hope they got cash up front, but if not, well, the debt is tax deductible.

"Germany is ready to back use of Euro-Area instruments". Angela Merkel.

Yeah. Last time they were Panzers. Almost worked too. No more bunker mentality Angela....

Bernanke is talking about risk in 2013? Oh, smart boy. No problem right now then. Move along, nothing to see here.

Japan posting some useful positive growth data. Just what they need. More foreign capital inflow.

It'll also irritate the Chinese who have likely less palatable CPI data coming out tomorrow (Saturday).

I take back what I said earlier in the week about getting 100 Egyptians to agree on anything. They met yesterday’s deadline (set by the military, who are, and will continue to be the effective rulers) after weeks of deadlocks, cross-party accusations and walkouts and Islamists attacking secularists and they have finally agreed …

…on how to select the panel that will meet to agree on how to write the constitution. Progress. Egyptian style.

Mind you, after watching with shuddering cringe and deep disbelief Ban Ki-moon’s live press conference last night, I think the ability to take concrete action that produces an immediate positive result is limited by the reciprocal of the square of the need for such action.

Life of Brian. Crucifixion scene.
Reg: [arriving at Brian's crucifixion] Hello, Sibling Brian.
Brian: Thank God you've come, Reg.
Reg: Well, I think I should point out first, Brian, in all fairness, we are not, in fact, the rescue committee. However, I have been asked to read the following prepared statement on behalf of the movement. "We the People's Front of Judea, brackets, officials, end brackets, do hereby convey our sincere fraternal and sisterly greetings to you, Brian, on this, the occasion of your martyrdom. "
Brian: What?
Reg: "Your death will stand as a landmark in the continuing struggle to liberate the parent land from the hands of the Roman imperialist aggressors, excluding those concerned with drainage, medicine, roads, housing, education, viniculture and any other Romans contributing to the welfare of Jews of both sexes and hermaphrodites. Signed, on behalf of the P. F. J. , etc. " And I'd just like to add, on a personal note, my own admiration, for what you're doing for us, Brian, on what must be, after all, for you a very difficult time.