TheBramble's Random Squawk

Risk Off: Spain to have bank funding requirements by June 21.

It'll be lower as they'll be fewer of them.

Just as many unemployed Canadians this month as last.

Many considering returning home.

Dow futures pre-market -36 pts. S&P futures -4 pts. Party's over.

FB shows itself to be a totally asymmetric counter-indicator by continuing its determined march regardless of overall market sentiment.

NATO apologises for kiling 18 Afghan civilians. They've still got some way to go to match Russia's record though.

Hillary Clinton and Kofi Annan meet to discuss Syria. My guess is the outcome of which will be that they are agreed that further discussions are necessary.

I may be missing the finer nuances of a game plan just outside my intellectual grasp, but where ‘we’ get stuck in to smash an evil regime to liberate and democratise people (Iraq, Afghanistan etc.), once we’ve left or even before mostly, the country is riven with internecine killing, virtual or real civil war, a generally almost totally destroyed infrastructure, no viable government, not to mention severely damaged economy and widespread poverty.

Where ‘we’ don’t get stuck in to smash an evil regime to liberate and democratise people (Syria), the country is riven with internecine killing, virtual or real civil war, a generally almost totally destroyed infrastructure, no viable government, not to mention severely damaged economy and widespread poverty.

Surely the similarities are accidental.

Risk On (again): Rajoy Holds Bank Talks With EU. Conference Call still booked for tomorrow (Saturday). Will ask for the money they need tomorrow, but won't know how much until June 21.

Can we have Euro X please, where X will be calculated eventually?
Ja.
Muchos gracias.
Sie sind herzlich eingeladen.

Obama. Europe needs Greece to stay in EZ.Greece's problems will be worse if they leave. You hear me!

Obama; Germany has all the money. Give it to all the others. It's election year and I don't need this sh!t on my watch.

Hollande confirms his grasp of the issues of the moment by stating he will do all he can to facilitate negotiation that leads to recognition of a Palestinian state...

FB surges 99c on Obama's performance. We have genuinely found the Holy Grail of contra-indicators.