The Unified Theory of Markets (aka Big Bertha) - Earik Beann

thanks for the review ... i guess if they offload their book at a respectable price vs 3k would be worthwhile read... so one of two things ... 50 years down the road they will be huntin the beann down like they do GANN ... or 2nd scenario :oops: ... but then again 50 years from now 3k will be like 3$ so it might be worthwhile :)

i have heard some are using it successfully ... but heard the same as your thoughts on it as well ... my guess is similar to a lot of stuff you have to add your own sauce to it to get er up off the ground.

unfortunately there are not many here who seemed to have used it (Bertha) to show if its actually worthwhile or not ... would be curious if any of those who have studied it a bit in detail and tried to apply it would give their opinion.

thanks for the review ... i guess if they offload their book at a respectable price vs 3k would be worthwhile read... so one of two things ... 50 years down the road they will be huntin the beann down like they do GANN ... or 2nd scenario :oops: ... but then again 50 years from now 3k will be like 3$ so it might be worthwhile :)

i have heard some are using it successfully ... but heard the same as your thoughts on it as well ... my guess is similar to a lot of stuff you have to add your own sauce to it to get er up off the ground.

Hi China, I remember you on their forum discussions. Clearly we're not alone. IF the book was reasonable (cant think what would be considered reasonable) then I might be tempted like you say. Cycles is getting me closer and closer to my overall strategy and I have something almost there, maybe, just maybe the book may put the pieces together. Big damn maybe though

unfortunately there are not many here who seemed to have used it (Bertha) to show if its actually worthwhile or not ... would be curious if any of those who have studied it a bit in detail and tried to apply it would give their opinion.

I bought the book back in Feb. I was pretty disappointed given the price and hype and pretty much shelved it without giving it a real chance. A lot of it seemed jive with my style and methods which tend to be more on the aggressive side looking for turns. I was expecting something spectacular, ground breaking, and heavy on the esoteric given the author. On the contrary, it's very simple and that's where the beauty is. No astro, square of nine, blah blah blah. you don't even need the wave59 software.

After taking most of the summer and fall off from trading I came back to Bertha fresh last month and have used almost nothing but the methods in the book and have been doing very well. I'm actually happier trading something this simple instead of going over a dizzying array of astro, squares of 9, and geometric patterns.

If you follow the methods as outlined in the book it's pretty hard not to end up on the right side most of the time because the setup rules are geared to keep you with the trend and never trying to pick tops/bottoms against the trend. The weak link being the trader, obviously. None of the methods in the book were completely new to me. Just in how they were combined to form a complete method.

Long story short, I'm glad I bought it now, but it took quite a while for me to get over the disappointment on mis-founded expectations. $3k to me was pretty substantial. It might not be for some of you.

Someone posted this in one of the Bertha threads at the wave59 website and I think it pretty much nails it on the head:

Rules for buying anything related to
trading:

If you can't afford it easily, don't
buy it.

If you are augmenting your existing
successful trading system, consider it.

If you do not have a successful method
of trading, don't buy it.

If you do not have a typewritten system
of trading rules, don't buy it.

If you do not stick to your rules,
something deeper is stirring your pot, don't buy it.

If you don't know your expectancy,
don't buy it.

If you don't know the time periods in
which you trade well or poorly, don't buy it....

I am selling my original copy of The Unified Theory of Markets (aka Big Bertha), its brand new in impeccable condition, there are no pen marking or crease or wrinkles on any of the pages. If you are interested please contact me privately, serious inquiries only.

I am selling my original copy of The Unified Theory of Markets (aka Big Bertha), its brand new in impeccable condition, there are no pen marking or crease or wrinkles on any of the pages. If you are interested please contact me privately, serious inquiries only.

another satisfied customer BB?

Unfortunately I can't email you as per the forum rules. If you post an email, I will email you so that we can discuss a price. I am interested on the book.

thanks a lot

BB1964

or just email me at [email protected] and we can start discussing price and shipping, thanks

mmmmm apparently widely available as a pdf, but somewhat cheaper (free).

thanks deadcat, can you please send me the link where i can get the PDF for free. Also if you know how/where to get Prandelli's "polarity factor system"?

thanks a lot

Dear, i'm interested please pm me. Thanks.

DionysusToast

You are the absolute best, thanks for being so generous, I dont know if anyone will accept your challenge but I am still interested in buying this book if anyone has it for sale
goldtraderx
pm me or get in touch if you're still interested
I have my 'as new' condition, hard back for sale.

Hi ,

I have my Unified Theory of the Markets (aka Big Bertha) book (hard back) for sale.
It's in perfect condition.

Attachments

• 20160903_194416.jpg
    20160903_194416.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
simple and elegant, practical (useful for intraday trading)
it’s a fractional framework
brings structure (trend) and clarity …it’s a market map
trader_cheese explained it very well at the beginning of this thread