The Unified Theory of Markets (aka Big Bertha) - Earik Beann

Fmfx

4 0
Hey guys

i have e-copy of this book available for sale, it is high quality scan. Along with forum scripts and post in word and pdf format.

Interested persons should PM me.

Regards

Brumby

Established member
593 139
I think it is a typical wave 59 type of book with additional stuff bundled to try to justify its $2995 price tag. I am not into some of the esoteric stuff so my opinion is probably biased. The book covers some normal trading discussions and a fair amount on what is supposedly the key to using time cycles. I am not big into time cycles in trading as I think at best it is a distraction and at worst it is too impractical as a trading tool because time cycles are normally only obvious after the fact.

Admittedly my comments are based on a cursory glance of its contents and are my initial impression - not based on a detailed study.

chinapassage

16 0
appreciate your input... i own w59 and think it is an interesting program but still found its tools had limited use for me... but some have found it worthwhile...but not inclined to purchase Bertha considering the above.

They changed something on trade2win so that i needed to have 15 posts to be a valid member... so this was one thread that interested me... as i had heard about Bertha over the last year here and there with mixed reviews ... so was just wanting to hear some more thoughts on it outside the w59 forums...

again any comments appreciated.

Brumby

Established member
593 139
appreciate your input... i own w59 and think it is an interesting program but still found its tools had limited use for me... but some have found it worthwhile...but not inclined to purchase Bertha considering the above.

If you have w59 and found limited use for it, then Bertha is probably not for you. The primary thrust of the book is concerning time cycles and the supposedly key being offerred in unlocking how time cycles can be accurately used. Regardless of the spin being offerred in the book, time cycles are not easy to use in trading. If you are already a successful trader, then adding an additional layer into the complexity might be useful but can also be dangerous unless you are a very experienced trader. If you are still struggling to be consistently successful, then the additional complexity in my view is further distraction to your path. As always, keep it simple and trade with the trend.

M

member275544

0 0
If you have w59 and found limited use for it, then Bertha is probably not for you. The primary thrust of the book is concerning time cycles and the supposedly key being offerred in unlocking how time cycles can be accurately used. Regardless of the spin being offerred in the book, time cycles are not easy to use in trading. If you are already a successful trader, then adding an additional layer into the complexity might be useful but can also be dangerous unless you are a very experienced trader. If you are still struggling to be consistently successful, then the additional complexity in my view is further distraction to your path. As always, keep it simple and trade with the trend.

I used W59 also, pile of rubbish if you ask me that offered nothing special. Any propritary inidcators like the 9-5 count, the smart money inidicator (now thats complete rubbish..an indicator to tell me what the smart money is doing, and you need to set an indicator period..please) were all just lame. My trading took off when I stopped using it.
If its to do with cycles, then squaring a chart will not help, unless its using a gann angle with regard to a trend. Cycles I use often, I don't need to square anything. Determining the more dominant cycle will produce consistent results, along with the correct method of determining the trend. A 20 day cycle, mixed in with the 2x1 gann angle gives amazing results (and I didn't need to purchase another w59 product for 2k which they peddle to determine cycles that nobody can use except the person who came up with it). But I can easily make do without a gann angle if you use P&F. Dont need to spend 3k and it didnt take me a lifetime to come up with it either. Given that this is his "life's work".
Only one thing was half decent with w59 and that was the natal forecast, but that had so many wrong turning points I gave up. So glad i did, trading never got so easy when you took away all the rubbish

Oh and on another point, not even Earik Bean will give you a prediction on its methods so don't expect anyone else to either. His rationale behind not trying to demonstrate it was that he didn't need to as only if your mindset was right would this be the right purchase for you...crock of @@@@. Hence why people are trying to offload it.

Last edited by a moderator:

chinapassage

16 0
thanks for the review ... i guess if they offload their book at a respectable price vs 3k would be worthwhile read... so one of two things ... 50 years down the road they will be huntin the beann down like they do GANN ... or 2nd scenario :oops: ... but then again 50 years from now 3k will be like 3$ so it might be worthwhile :)

i have heard some are using it successfully ... but heard the same as your thoughts on it as well ... my guess is similar to a lot of stuff you have to add your own sauce to it to get er up off the ground.

chinapassage

16 0
unfortunately there are not many here who seemed to have used it (Bertha) to show if its actually worthwhile or not ... would be curious if any of those who have studied it a bit in detail and tried to apply it would give their opinion.

M

member275544

0 0
thanks for the review ... i guess if they offload their book at a respectable price vs 3k would be worthwhile read... so one of two things ... 50 years down the road they will be huntin the beann down like they do GANN ... or 2nd scenario :oops: ... but then again 50 years from now 3k will be like 3$ so it might be worthwhile :)

i have heard some are using it successfully ... but heard the same as your thoughts on it as well ... my guess is similar to a lot of stuff you have to add your own sauce to it to get er up off the ground.

Hi China, I remember you on their forum discussions. Clearly we're not alone. IF the book was reasonable (cant think what would be considered reasonable) then I might be tempted like you say. Cycles is getting me closer and closer to my overall strategy and I have something almost there, maybe, just maybe the book may put the pieces together. Big damn maybe though

JR97

6 1
unfortunately there are not many here who seemed to have used it (Bertha) to show if its actually worthwhile or not ... would be curious if any of those who have studied it a bit in detail and tried to apply it would give their opinion.

I bought the book back in Feb. I was pretty disappointed given the price and hype and pretty much shelved it without giving it a real chance. A lot of it seemed jive with my style and methods which tend to be more on the aggressive side looking for turns. I was expecting something spectacular, ground breaking, and heavy on the esoteric given the author. On the contrary, it's very simple and that's where the beauty is. No astro, square of nine, blah blah blah. you don't even need the wave59 software.

After taking most of the summer and fall off from trading I came back to Bertha fresh last month and have used almost nothing but the methods in the book and have been doing very well. I'm actually happier trading something this simple instead of going over a dizzying array of astro, squares of 9, and geometric patterns.

If you follow the methods as outlined in the book it's pretty hard not to end up on the right side most of the time because the setup rules are geared to keep you with the trend and never trying to pick tops/bottoms against the trend. The weak link being the trader, obviously. None of the methods in the book were completely new to me. Just in how they were combined to form a complete method.

Long story short, I'm glad I bought it now, but it took quite a while for me to get over the disappointment on mis-founded expectations. $3k to me was pretty substantial. It might not be for some of you.

Someone posted this in one of the Bertha threads at the wave59 website and I think it pretty much nails it on the head:

Rules for buying anything related to
trading:

If you can't afford it easily, don't
buy it.

If you are augmenting your existing
successful trading system, consider it.

If you do not have a successful method
of trading, don't buy it.

If you do not have a typewritten system
of trading rules, don't buy it.

If you do not stick to your rules,
something deeper is stirring your pot, don't buy it.

If you don't know your expectancy,
don't buy it.

If you don't know the time periods in
which you trade well or poorly, don't buy it....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock