The Taylor Trading Technique

chump

2,212 274
The Taylor Technique to Trading

Has anyone found a free web source relating to

The Taylor Technique of Trading ? My searches came up empty.

Yes, I know I can buy it,but I am building a legend here..the man who mastered the zero sum game for nothing ! and yes, I know it is not going to happen that way,but trying is fun.

Cheers

darrenf

481 3
The book only costs £17 on Global Investor!

Doesn't seem much to pay if you want to study his methods?

chump

2,212 274
"Doesn't seem much to pay if you want to study his methods?"

Thanks for the opinion/question ?

clambill

4 0
I read that there's a book by Linda Bradford Raschke (and Laurence Connors) called Street Smarts: High Probability Trading Strategies... that discusses the Taylor technique but it's pretty expensive. I saw there is a copy of it being distributed on the eDonkey 2000 network (eMule).

jessechan

58 1
it's very difficult to understand the original Taylor's book, better to study it from other sources eg George Angell's books, just my 2 cents

Richbois

1 0
Taylor Trading Technique

I also offer some Taylor Trading Technique update service for all sorts of markets

US Futures and indexes
US Stocks
CDN Stocks and index
European Index Futures
Forex
Australian Index Futures and Stocks
Gold, Silver and OIL products

Email me at [email protected]

watty73

8 0
Re: The Taylor Technique to Trading

Has anyone found a free web source relating to

The Taylor Technique of Trading ? My searches came up empty.

Yes, I know I can buy it,but I am building a legend here..the man who mastered the zero sum game for nothing ! and yes, I know it is not going to happen that way,but trying is fun.

Cheers

Check ou this website, remember to use the password...

http://www.forex-book.org/the-taylor-trading-technique-bygeorge-dtaylor-free-download/

tomorton

Legendary member
8,315 1,307
The principles behind the Taylor Technique are not disputed in Street Smarts but Raschke and Connors observed that people using Taylor's methodology had trouble figuring out which day should be a buying day and which one should be a shorting day. Apparently, Taylor had many rules for shorting on buying days and vice versa, and R & C thought this too complicated to be practical, hence the alternatives they offered in their book.

watty73

8 0
The principles behind the Taylor Technique are not disputed in Street Smarts but Raschke and Connors observed that people using Taylor's methodology had trouble figuring out which day should be a buying day and which one should be a shorting day. Apparently, Taylor had many rules for shorting on buying days and vice versa, and R & C thought this too complicated to be practical, hence the alternatives they offered in their book.

So I guess reading both and adapting it to suit your own method is the way forward...

I am not advocating any method or system, simply trying to find one that suits me and what I want to achieve... namely profitability

So all comments/suggestions are welcome

tomorton

Legendary member
8,315 1,307
Yes, I think your conclusion's good. In fact, nearly every methodology I have read about on this site and elsewhre could be better used by each trader by adaptation to that person's own style, approach and psyche. It's almost impossible to exactly mimic somebody else's system and probably wouldn't hep if you couild.

Naz

Experienced member
1,391 24
This is my input.

There is something in this technique but as always when something has been around a long time its evolved. So people many people try and focus on the old technique whilst they should focus on how its working in todays market.

I made $6,000 trading the EURUSD in my blog for everyone to see this week calling the move before hand and as I went. Then I worked out the sequences I was trading aligned to the days of the week and the three day cycle. It was perfect. It was also there when I did some back testing.

I then searched the internet for info and came accross this thread. Every where I went they focused on the old way of doing things. There is a three day cycle but it doesnt trade the old way it has a new 3 day sequence.

You can view my blog if you search my profile and find my web site. If you'd like to check out the move I played and see if you can see the cycle I think is occuring.

Alan Rich

Naz

Experienced member
1,391 24
In trading you need to find out what is working in todays market. You can search and find out what's happened in the past but for me you need to adapt it to todays price action. I'll be trading the next EURUSD 3 day cycle live in my blog once it sets itself up. If youre interested, click my photo and go to conatct info for my web site and entry to my blog. Its free.

I update my trading blog two or three times a day. When/if the EURUSD sets up for the next cycle I'll be on it again and you can watch the move and hopefully learn from it. It should be fun, just like it was last week.

Naz

Experienced member
1,391 24
Up $2000 so far today in my blog. I'm trying for the three day sequence mentioned in this thread.
My account shows where my entry was. Now its up to me to see what I can do with it.

Alan Rich

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock