The Next US President

I perceive House of Lord's to be equivalent to the Senate.

Don't know if they have something similar to the Lord's in Spain?

Yes, Spain has two chambers, too. US and France, though, have two chambers plus the president. Maybe I need putting right on this, as governmental procedures are not a strongpoint of mine, but I have always considered Obama to be strapped by not being a Republican, whereas Cameron and Rajoy have majorities.

It could end up being an all out slugfest between the Clintons and Bushes. Like the Kennedys they will probably blow up, given time.

Yes, Spain has two chambers, too. US and France, though, have two chambers plus the president. Maybe I need putting right on this, as governmental procedures are not a strongpoint of mine, but I have always considered Obama to be strapped by not being a Republican, whereas Cameron and Rajoy have majorities.

I always see The Queen's and President's role as being ceremonial. Don't understand it much my self.

Do feel we should have two processes rather than just one, ratifying bill changes. Checks and balances sort of thing.

This link shows all the Government defeats by the Lords.
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/constitution-unit/research/parliament/house-of-lords/lords-defeats

Most recent one being cut in tax credits proposed by Osborne and Co!

I think an improvement on the UK system would be to limit the number of Lords. Tony Blair flooded the Lords with new cronies to give himself an edge.

I always see The Queen's and President's role as being ceremonial. Don't understand it much my self.

Do feel we should have two processes rather than just one, ratifying bill changes. Checks and balances sort of thing.

This link shows all the Government defeats by the Lords.
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/constitution-unit/research/parliament/house-of-lords/lords-defeats

Most recent one being cut in tax credits proposed by Osborne and Co!

I think the Queen's role is constitutional. The President is far from ceremonial. He is the executive but can be blocked by Congress should they choose to ( didn't manage to bribe enough ). To get Bills through, the President has to agree local stuff to bribe enough members to support his program.
Someone did once mention that the US system seemed to be made to stop politicians from getting too much done.

I think the Queen's role is constitutional. The President is far from ceremonial. He is the executive but can be blocked by Congress should they choose to ( didn't manage to bribe enough ). To get Bills through, the President has to agree local stuff to bribe enough members to support his program.
Someone did once mention that the US system seemed to be made to stop politicians from getting too much done.

Does the Queen have the power to reject the elected PM?

Re: President role, is US and French system the same? That is the President comes from one of the parties that nominate in the expectation that they will tow the party line?

Re: President role, is US and French system the same? That is the President comes from one of the parties that nominate in the expectation that they will tow the party line?

It is a formality I think for her to accept whoever gets elected.

They hope but sweetners are needed.

Last edited:
It is a formality I think.

They hope but sweetners are needed.

But, if the other party wins the nomnation, there is a difference of interest.

Well, that's their business, but getting a reformed gun law, health bill or the closing of Guantamino through the house 1s going to be a problem.

That is the main reason that Obama has been so unsuccessful--not that he is not much good- he has not had the chance to be.

I see Donald Duck is off to Saratosa Florida today to spout nationalism to win votes. I suppose he will ramp up a fever to kill more people than the other guys.

She has the power (and the duty) to invite him to become Prime Minister in the first place. They're not officially P.M. until they leave the palace, after being called there, and go to Downing Street. ;)

She has the power (and the duty) to invite him to become Prime Minister in the first place. They're not officially P.M. until they leave the palace, after being called there, and go to Downing Street. ;)

Let's hope Cameron doesn't let Corbyn in, with his mean policies. Her Maj would have to get the cleaners in to disinfect the palace.

:)

Donald Chump has come up with his latest idea, that of holding the parents responsible for their children's crimes. It is unclear whether he wants the death penalty to be applied to them too.

The US should really worry about its internal problems and let foreign countries well alone.

Is this the next President ?
Don't write him off. He is saying out loud what a lot of Americans only say behind closed doors.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35037701

One alternative is to let them in but on condition they pay for any damage they cause.

You fail to make it seem worse than it is or even bad for that matter. All the juvenile name calling in the world won't change anything. You are just bitter because you have no power. I enjoy watching you have your tirades on this forums.

Why do you care if the U.S. doesn't bring in the refugees? Another reference from the BBC, which is faulty on stats.

Trump for president!
Build the 654 mile wall.
Decrease taxes!
Privatize pensions
Make more toll roads!

I am sure this will please @Pat494

Last edited:
You fail to make it seem worse than it is or even bad for that matter. All the juvenile name calling jn the world won't change anything. You are just bitter because you have no power. I enjoy watching you have your tirades on this forums.

Why do you care if the U.S. doesn't bring in the refugees? Another reference from the BBC, which is faulty on stats.

Trump for president!
Build the 654 mile wall.
Decrease taxes!
Privatize pensions
Make more toll roads!

No reason why I should care. Bitter ? Not me.
What I worry about is so many people, some of which are flakey to say the least, have their fingers on the huge nuclear arsenal. One person could start WW3 so easily. Poooof goodbye everything. Only a matter of time as unstable countries tool up.

No reason why I should care. Bitter ? Not me.
What I worry about is so many people, some of which are flakey to say the least, have their fingers on the huge nuclear arsenal. One person could start WW3 so easily. Poooof goodbye everything. Only a matter of time as unstable countries tool up.

Your actions have betrayed you. You seem preoccupied with such adolescent behaviors. Did it make you feel better to write Donald Chump. Either it did and you have a serious deficiency or it did not and it was extraneous and most all of your comments are.

Donald Chump has come up with his latest idea, that of holding the parents responsible for their children's crimes. It is unclear whether he wants the death penalty to be applied to them too.

The US should really worry about its internal problems and let foreign countries well alone.

http://ceflonline.net/wp-content/uploads/Sweden-Parental-Responsibilities.pdf
Parents should pay for their children's crimes in Sweden

The parents can be penalized financially for the transgressions of their children. However, this responsibility ends at age 18. See Swedish Children and Parents Code

Some semblance of this already exists here.

Screen_Shot_2015_12_08_at_12_10_29_PM.png

Is this the next President ?
Don't write him off. He is saying out loud what a lot of Americans only say behind closed doors.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35037701

One alternative is to let them in but on condition they pay for any damage they cause.

This is soooo funny!

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't personally invite the Saudi royal family soon enough. Errrm that's all 22 wives and 44 princes with their accompanying extended families. :LOL:

Somebody should tell that idiot US marines went to fight and die for Saudi Kuwaiti muslims - in the oil fields of the ME too. I have no idea why they didn't sell the weapons for muslims to go and fight Iraqi muslims? Any ideas?

What a remarkably stupid man. Either he is playing politics or he is about to get fired from the richest contracts in the world.

This is soooo funny!

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't personally invite the Saudi royal family soon enough. Errrm that's all 22 wives and 44 princes with their accompanying extended families. :LOL:

Somebody should tell that idiot US marines went to fight and die for Saudi Kuwaiti muslims - in the oil fields of the ME too. I have no idea why they didn't sell the weapons for muslims to go and fight Iraqi muslims? Any ideas?

What a remarkably stupid man. Either he is playing politics or he is about to get fired from the richest contracts in the world.

He is obviously smarter than you. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

He has managed to file bankruptcy several times and remain obscenely wealthy.

You and Pat494 could be politicians because you always say things without saying anything of substance. I can play the broken record game too.

You fail to make it seem worse than it is or even bad for that matter. All the juvenile name calling in the world won't change anything. You are just bitter because you have no power. I enjoy watching you have your tirades on this forums.

Trump for president!
Build the 654 mile wall.
Decrease taxes!
Privatize pensions
Make more toll roads!