The Next US President

Good grief! I've a lot of money on Hillary Clinton to win so I can only hope she doesn't pull out. I mean, I'm sorry for all you people over there with two pretty poor options but somebody's got to win. And I'd rather it was me.

Yes, it's the best of a poor bargain, I'm afraid, and it is much the same all over the Western world. We are getting the governments that we deserve. There is some really bad quality material getting into governments, these days. The cause is too many disaffected people who lose interest in who is governing their country.

That goes for Russia, too. A country that has been through it all, when enduring comunism, has an ex KGB member for president!

Hard to believe.

The problem is just who can one believe in ?
The 2 candidates both seem to have health problems. Maybe it's the strain. People are generally much more sceptical nowadays and the press expose their shortcomings in vivid detail.
Only in the USA could the public be so enthusiastic about a man like Trump. And only in Russia could they be so enthusiastic about their leader. My faith in the sensible public consensus has been eroded over the years.
Theresa May made in my view a bad mistake appointing our own loud mouthed idiot to be foreign secretary. He has publicly insulted both candidates.

Theresa May made in my view a bad mistake appointing our own loud mouthed idiot to be foreign secretary. He has publicly insulted both candidates.

Or was it her master-stroke? Dare I say mistress-stroke? Foreign Secretary is a dead-end job for an ambitious UK politician - no votes in foreign policy. Britain has a very limited world position in world affairs. The job takes Boris Johnson off to argue with foreign governments, which distracts him from arguing with ours (hers). And if he makes a bad job of it, his party support dissolves.

If i could i would vote Libertarian. However I just dont think Gary Johnson is a good candidate. Statements like "what is Aleppo" dont come over well for a potential president

If i could i would vote Libertarian. However I just dont think Gary Johnson is a good candidate. Statements like "what is Aleppo" dont come over well for a potential president

Beggars belief considering how long it has been going on, (since July 2012) had to look it up.

Could this mean he has not been following the news for 4 years, 2 months, 2 weeks and 6 days?

:-0

Beggars belief considering how long it has been going on, (since July 2012) had to look it up.

Could this mean he has not been following the news for 4 years, 2 months, 2 weeks and 6 days?

:-0

Or does it just carelessly betray his US-centric attitudes? After all, he is speaking to US voters, not the world, and net effects for the US of a continuing Syrian Civil War are -
1. Assad stays too heavily engaged to act aggressively towards neighbours
2. Russia gets further embroiled in a potential new Afghanistan / Vietnam situation
3. Syrian-sponsored terrorism re-directed towards local targets.

Do we really think the US Government cares much for the Syrian people? Many don't even believe they even care for their own citizens.

Or does it just carelessly betray his US-centric attitudes? After all, he is speaking to US voters, not the world, and net effects for the US of a continuing Syrian Civil War are -
1. Assad stays too heavily engaged to act aggressively towards neighbours
2. Russia gets further embroiled in a potential new Afghanistan / Vietnam situation
3. Syrian-sponsored terrorism re-directed towards local targets.

Do we really think the US Government cares much for the Syrian people? Many don't even believe they even care for their own citizens.

Agree with analysis but he should know.

This is just simply current affairs in the news. The US citizens may not know or need to know but he does.

I do believe that big money capitalists have little, or no, patriotism until power takes over from making billions. In Trump's case, I think that he is out of his depth as a politician.. His mouth is too big and he boasts of his own exploits to impress other men, in what he thinks is privacy, and some reporter is in there with a tape recorder.

He has no interest in the poor--only contempt. I, sincerely, hope that Americans will realise that before election day, for all our sakes.

ABC - Liberal
Nbc - Liberal
Cnn - Liberal
MSNBC - Liberal
Fox - Conservative

Last 24 hours on most news outlets= Trump saying something along the lines of grabbing women's crotches lol on a hot mic

This is amazing! Never again will we witness such a campaign...this is extraordinarily entertaining

Least we know hillary keeps her fetishes towards females private

I agree its amazingly entertaining. Its like reality TV only better because one of these people will actually become president of the United States !

I'm sitting up waiting to watch the debate.

I'm absolutely flabbergasted that Drump got to where he is today based on his past performance and that the Republican party has been dragged down with it.

Also, quite stunned that some people go on to say well they like him because he is not PC and says it like it is so. No matter what stupid rubbish and hate filled blurb he comes out with.

Amazing! Absolutely amazing!

One dick effs up the whole of Republican Party and the US of A. Some trumped up rich spoilt useless sub-human piece of creation. That's what too much money and no brains can do to someone. (n)

Can't get back that time after watching that debate.
Neither of them real inspiring.
Even think the US futures went to sleep.
Was more inspired listening to Gareth Southgate after his first game in charge.

Don't be fooled by his feeble explanations and contrived manner.

Last edited:
Is the video posted below the one at the centre of the controversy that has landed big Don in such hot water? If so, I struggle to see what all the fuss is about. Yes, it's crude and not at all PC. But show me a heterosexual man who claims not to have made similar 'locker room' comments in private with male friends - and I'll show you a liar.

Talking of liars, if the American people have to decide who to vote for based on some lewd talk behind closed doors versus the outright lies Hilary Clinton has told - then it's a no brainer as to who will win. Like many others, I don't much care for Trump, but I care for Clinton even less. Sure, we all know that politicians are chameleons who manipulate the truth and distort the facts etc. But not like Mrs. Clinton, she's in a league of her own.

Tom; I do hope you don't have too much money riding on Mrs. Clinton to win the election as I fear this is a bet you're going to lose!
Tim.

As you say say, its just crude.

Then again, America's such a religious and PC country. Who knows?

Is the video posted below the one at the centre of the controversy that has landed big Don in such hot water? If so, I struggle to see what all the fuss is about. Yes, it's crude and not at all PC. But show me a heterosexual man who claims not to have made similar 'locker room' comments in private with male friends - and I'll show you a liar.

Talking of liars, if the American people have to decide who to vote for based on some lewd talk behind closed doors versus the outright lies Hilary Clinton has told - then it's a no brainer as to who will win. Like many others, I don't much care for Trump, but I care for Clinton even less. Sure, we all know that politicians are chameleons who manipulate the truth and distort the facts etc. But not like Mrs. Clinton, she's in a league of her own.

Tom; I do hope you don't have too much money riding on Mrs. Clinton to win the election as I fear this is a bet you're going to ...

It is not just one thing, one incident or event is it?

It is a whole host of many things he has said, done and actions.

Then it is a case of well others are just the same, they do similar things, their friends are the same etc etc so it's ok.

His businesses are going down, but that's ok coz he'll make it back just from his TV celebrity status.

Everybody stand down, everything is ok :cheesy:

Phew...:)

Tom; I do hope you don't have too much money riding on Mrs. Clinton to win the election as I fear this is a bet you're going to lose!
Tim.

No worries. Don't forget I'm the man who put money on Remain, and look how well that turned out. I've also got some riding on Steven Woolfe - so no worries there either!