The Next US President

Economic Misery = Dictatorship

Hitler rose to power through persuasion and charisma.

Those things alone wouldn’t have been enough. Hitler rose to power during the Weimar Republic when the German economy was an absolute mess and people were living in misery. He promised them something different. So it was a combination of his propaganda and the state of the economy that helped Hitler rise to power. Economic misery and propaganda is the simple formula for dictatorships.

If the US economy was anywhere near as healthy as the fiction Obama and Hitlery Clinton are peddling the democrats would have absolutely no problem getting re-elected; Trump wouldn’t be such a threat and would have Buckley's chance of getting elected.

The fact that Trump is so popular gives you a true sense of the state of the US economy and people are sick and tired of the Same Ol', Same Ol' which Trump is definitely not!

Trump may not be controlled by the Republican party but he can work with them and he can mature as a president.

Trump has no similarities to Stalin or Hitler.

Hitler and Stalin were two very unique individuals but very dissimilar. Hitler rose to power through persuasion and charisma. Stalin acquired power through violence and deception.

POWER is a stronger drug than heroin. The power addicts just can't get enough and it's usually at the expense of the poor.

Trump may not be controlled by the Republican party but he can work with them and he can mature as a president.

Trump has no similarities to Stalin or Hitler.

Hitler and Stalin were two very unique individuals but very dissimilar. Hitler rose to power through persuasion and charisma. Stalin acquired power through violence and deception.

You may be right about Stalin. Hitler came up through the ballot box. Trump? The jury is out on him. He may, even, go down in history as a great president. What I do think, though, is that neither he, nor Hilary, are the best candidates for the job and, believe me, the West needs a leader right now because Europe hasn't got one, either.

I doubt business people make good politicians. Can't think of a single one really. So what have they tried so far ?
Bush Jnr - son of a President
Clinton - politician & womaniser
Reagan - film actor
Carter - peanut farmer
Nixon - politician and crook
Johnson - politician
Kennedy - his daddy got him in.
Eisenhower - General
Truman - shop owner
etc.

I expect him to try and feather his own nest materially. Make irrational statements and be slapped down by Congress. Try and start a war or two and get slapped down by Congress. Make no friends abroad and lose any that the US has made at great expense.

the next US president: HRC

thats a guarantee!

so, breathe easy world

the next US president: HRC

thats a guarantee!

so, breathe easy world

I don't think so. Polls are starting to favor trump. The latest bombings here in the USA only help trump. Hillary doesn't even show compassion and all of a sudden she is saying we need "tough vetting" which is a change of tune. She wants to increase Syrian refugees by the thousands. How is that working out for the anti brexit people and Merkel in Germany?
Hillary is a compulsive liar and a threat to our national security. Who has gone to Mexico and will visit Egypt to foster relations vs who has nearly destroyed relations with our ally, Israel??

What the US voters don't seem to realize is that the rest of the world has a big interest in the election.

Will it be business as usual with Hillary or a likely turbulent time with Trump ?

One of the defining issues of this election must be the candidates views on trade. Trade is the oxygen of wealth creation. Whereas Hillary is for moderate reforms of trading agreements, Trump is talking up an all out confrontation with China. This would be sheer lunacy and self defeating. It is estimated that if the US put tarifs and controls on Chinese exports and imports, the retaliatory measures by China will cost the USA 5 million jobs and a huge economic slowdown.

One of the defining issues of this election must be the candidates views on trade. Trade is the oxygen of wealth creation. Whereas Hillary is for moderate reforms of trading agreements, Trump is talking up an all out confrontation with China. This would be sheer lunacy and self defeating. It is estimated that if the US put tarifs and controls on Chinese exports and imports, the retaliatory measures by China will cost the USA 5 million jobs and a huge economic slowdown.

The Us's competitors must be licking their lips in anticipation. The US may find it harder than they think to climb down from their pre-eminence as world trade leader.
In 4 years Trump could break the USA with his daft policies. Should we care ? Maybe for sentimental reasons but as the Yanks themselves have coined the phrase - business is business. And like time waiteth for no man.

What the US voters don't seem to realize is that the rest of the world has a big interest in the election.

Pat, many of us here are concerned about internal affairs: National security, unemployment, rising healthcare costs. etc... Obama just pledged over $1 million for mental health testing for the 1,000s of refugees he is letting in while many citizens, especially elderly on limited incomes, cannot pay for basic healthcare or prescriptions.

I believe Trump can work with all the major countries on trade and international terrorism. Certaintly it won't be easy but The nternational policies of Obama and Clinton are failures. They keep saying they resolved the Iran nuclear crisis, but the Iranians are harassing our Naval ships and have threatened American citizens, even after Obama gave them CASH to free our hostages (which he denies). It was a secret nightime deal that someone inadvertantly recorded on camera.

Obama was supposed to be transparent and Hillary is claiming the same thing. The voters here don't believe either of them has been transparent nor will they be in the future.

I could go on all day but I have made my point. If I am called an idiot, so be it. I am living in this country and deserve better.

Peter

Pat, many of us here are concerned about internal affairs: National security, unemployment, rising healthcare costs. etc... Obama just pledged over $1 million for mental health testing for the 1,000s of refugees he is letting in while many citizens, especially elderly on limited incomes, cannot pay for basic healthcare or prescriptions.

I believe Trump can work with all the major countries on trade and international terrorism. Certaintly it won't be easy but The nternational policies of Obama and Clinton are failures. They keep saying they resolved the Iran nuclear crisis, but the Iranians are harassing our Naval ships and have threatened American citizens, even after Obama gave them CASH to free our hostages (which he denies). It was a secret nightime deal that someone inadvertantly recorded on camera.

Obama was supposed to be transparent and Hillary is claiming the same thing. The voters here don't believe either of them has been transparent nor will they be in the future.

I could go on all day but I have made my point. If I am called an idiot, so be it. I am living in this country and deserve better.

Peter

Over the years on this forum I have learnt to respect your sensible views. Don't let the trolls gt you down with their baseless remarks !
Politicians feel the need it seems to express their views and tend to make rash promises which they sometimes can't keep. Same here I regret to say.

Over the years on this forum I have learnt to respect your sensible views. Don't let the trolls gt you down with their baseless remarks !
Politicians feel the need it seems to express their views and tend to make rash promises which they sometimes can't keep. Same here I regret to say.

Thanks, Pat :)

Peter

An opinion from Paul "print money" Krugman??? Only an idiot would think he has anything of value to say!

In your own words

ah ha :LOL:

that guy a blowhard

no matter what you think of him, his argument is not easily refuted.:|

all you have done is commit the fallcy of ad hominem

I doubt business people make good politicians. Can't think of a single one really. So what have they tried so far ?
Bush Jnr - son of a President
Clinton - politician & womaniser
Reagan - film actor
Carter - peanut farmer
Nixon - politician and crook
Johnson - politician
Kennedy - his daddy got him in.
Eisenhower - General
Truman - shop owner
etc.

I expect him to try and feather his own nest materially. Make irrational statements and be slapped down by Congress. Try and start a war or two and get slapped down by Congress. Make no friends abroad and lose any that the US has made at great expense.

From past types of President the best for the US has been the actor. At least he made people feel secure and prospering. While others did the boring stuff but properly.