The Ledger (ex Candlesticks thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2) new_trader is getting sucked into you as his posts show. I congratulate him on making the transistion to darksidding, and am very happy for him. He asked you whether the gaps could be filled by hard work and you said "YES". Well in that case who needs the book? Maybe he wants a short cut, but as you said many times, there are no shortcuts.

Stoic,

It’s strange, whilst I was on my weekend away I had a feeling that I would read through this forum and come across a post that implies that I am being “sucked in” by Socrates and I even thought about how I would reply. I think “sucked in” is a very strong term and implies that I am naive and malleable. However if you trace my progress as a trader using this forum as a rough guide you will discover that it has taken me over 12 months of blood, sweat, tears and toil to be “sucked in” by Socrates.

Socrates’ answer to my question about the book was crucial and it is inconsequential (to me at least) whether it actually exists or not. I completely understand what he means by the “nonsense embraced by the masses” but I came to this conclusion on my own and I can assure you that no shortcuts were taken.

The problem seems to me to be, and I tell you it is very disheartening, that everything needs to be explained as if one were discoursing to children. If that is the requirement then I am not prepared to do it, because I would be sucked into teaching, which is something I am not prepared to do any more under any circumstances as I have said before, and not to labour a point, but because I have finally arrived at the conclusion that traders are born, not made.

You would expect, this being a website for traders, that as a bare minimum you could expect polite, stimulating and respectful interchange of ideas between traders.

Nothing of the sort is allowed to develop, as nearly everybody here is out on a brain picking mission. When cooperation in brain picking is not forthcoming, it suddenly turns nasty, LOL.

Now I am not going to spell out what is in the handwritten book I was very fortunate to acquire. I can only give clues. The clues are strong enough to begin to ring bells among really knowledgeable and experienced traders who struggle with concepts that are part of the price time and volume relationship.

The bells ring all right, but in the wrong heads and for entirely the wrong reasons.

You would expect, this being a website for traders, that as a bare minimum you could expect polite, stimulating and respectful interchange of ideas between traders.

B]

you once annoyed me, but I've realised that embedded within all your posts is something that you, of all people, cannot seriously mean.

Clearly, the vast majority of it is nonsense. But you remain a comedy genious:LOL:

UTB

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better :cheesy:

Anybody that is taken in by this derserves, quite frankly, to be taken in !

:LOL: :LOL:

Now here is reply by Profitaker, that unbeknown to him is on two levels...

At a conscious level he has posted what he has posted.

At a subconscious level, undetected by him there is a different meaning.

"To be taken in"..at a subconscious level means.....to be "recognised"......to be "taken in hand"..."admitted"..

Sorry, no way.:rolleyes:

you once annoyed me, but I've realised that embedded within all your posts is something that you, of all people, cannot seriously mean.

Clearly, the vast majority of it is nonsense. But you remain a comedy genious:LOL:

UTB

I hope and pray, Sheffield, that one day the bells will finally ring in your head and you will wake up from your random daydreams, and I mean that most sincerely.

Bertie

So now you’re an expert in the sub-conscious are you ? A pseudo psychiatrist ? Well, if your psychiatry skills are anything like your trading skills we can only hope that nobody has the misfortune of laying on your couch – else they’ll be ruined for life.

You see Bert, you are transparent, indeed you’re embarrassingly transparent, to anybody that cares opens their eyes and engage their brain. Now, had you made a success of trading options in your “plain vanilla” thread I’m sure you’d have got a few punters to sign up and pay for your “services”. But never mind what something looks like or sounds like and never mind rhetoric - the proof of the pudding is always in the eating, and I have to say you could not have traded options any worse had you tried. It was a disaster, an absolute disaster such that anybody with any pride would not have shown their face around here ever again.

But not you Bert. Your latest scheme of enticement has it that you were given the personal notes of Gann, effectively dressed up to be the holy grain. Personally I find it laughable, some will think it’s plausible, but potentially it’s criminal.

To re-iterate.....

Bertie

So now you’re an expert in the sub-conscious are you ? A pseudo psychiatrist ? Well, if your psychiatry skills are anything like your trading skills we can only hope that nobody has the misfortune of laying on your couch – else they’ll be ruined for life.

You see Bert, you are transparent, indeed you’re embarrassingly transparent, to anybody that cares opens their eyes and engage their brain. Now, had you made a success of trading options in your “plain vanilla” thread I’m sure you’d have got a few punters to sign up and pay for your “services”. But never mind what something looks like or sounds like and never mind rhetoric - the proof of the pudding is always in the eating, and I have to say you could not have traded options any worse had you tried. It was a disaster, an absolute disaster such that anybody with any pride would not have shown their face around here ever again.

But not you Bert. Your latest scheme of enticement has it that you were given the personal notes of Gann, effectively dressed up to be the holy grain. Personally I find it laughable, some will think it’s plausible, but potentially it’s criminal.

To re-iterate.....

I am verri bizzi now but will reply later, so get ready.

since this thread has become just a vehicle for the exchange of personal insults it is now closed

jon

Status
Not open for further replies.