The Ledger (ex Candlesticks thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Splitlink and others,

3 grand Aussie is nothing. That's what it would cost me...

You raised a point whether or not it was worth his while...well, there are two points to be made to that:

1. He should apparently be very rich by now (but if not I'll pay (seriously)), and,
2. If it's not worth his while, why post on our boards ? Because (and no offence) if I was in his supposed league, I wouldn't (obviously I am not hence...).

''fair Play I say.....Money and therefore flight tickets are in the bank eagerly awaiting Soc's reply (you and I know that may take some time)...

'Nuff said I guess.....

If he does come I hope you take a piccy and post it on here.. Maybe we should have a thread with our 'imagined' likenesses of soc...

So what does soc do when he disappears for days, surely a successful and active trade such as he would have plenty of time to glance over the t2w board while waiting for his setups..?

Regardless of how credible I find soc I have to say I find many of his threads very entertaining - all for the WRONG reasons!

Both, I don't know how to do it, but I'd like to start a poll thread asking the question 'Should Soc go to Sydney (all paid) to meet The General'. Wonder what the vote would be ?

Both, I don't know how to do it, but I'd like to start a poll thread asking the question 'Should Soc go to Sydney (all paid) to meet The General'. Wonder what the vote would be ?

at the top of this page, there is:
Trade2Win Boards > The Traders Forums > General Trading Chat

click on: General Trading Chat:

at the top of that page, there is a button "New Thread" - click on it:

post the title of the thread, and a preamble;
at the bottom of this page, under "Additional Options", there is a "post a poll" button.
you follow the rules for the type of poll you want.

good luck!

Soc, mate, you turned you PM off....Please read my previous 3 posts and PM me your details...I will book tickets for you and if that is the case, duly let members of this board know what the go is (sorry Aussie slang). No details, just that you have stepped up to the mark.

Yours in anticipation,

The General.

Ooooh - that's an easy one. Just a sec, yep, I've got it...

Because I couldn't give a stuff ;-)

The day I start obsessing about this stuff I'm really in trouble. Imho Soc's eccentric, occasionally interesting, often a tad annoying but basically harmless. Now if he were my employee or heavens forbid actually my boss it would be a different story, but I just can't get that excited about a bunch of people, many of whom might even be the same person (via the wonderful world of multinicks) most of whom I've never met in person, batting a few ideas back and forth on the internet.

All this cr*p has zero impact on my trading day (apart from the amusement value helping me through the occasional slow patch). We'll see how I feel should there ever be a thread that I view as life changing and indispensible getting disrupted, but given the fact that I haven't seen such a thread here or anywhere else it's all just noise.

My $0.02 as always

GJ

Totally agree, Albert is actually very, very entertaining. I was looking at the wrong end of the stick when I initially dealt with him, but at the end of the day he is, despite all his immense delusion of grandeur, totally and utterly harmless.

Now about this Notebook? Shall we just continue conjecturing and talk about it's contents given that fact that:

1) Albert will never let us see it
2) Therefore whatever is discussed about it is neither here nor there
3) using a discussion about something that no one will see is an amazing excercise in, well, absurdity. I hear Bible disucssion groups are just as much fun as this

Bertie:

What is your pain threshold?

I already know you like the dark (Putting students in cupboards and the like).

The reason I ask is this.

This secret book that you quietly and covertly acquired. The one with all the 'workings' from Gann and the like. What did he make? around 50 million wasn't it. That has got to be worth having hasn't it? Most certainly if it contains previously undisclosed methods that no one knows about and allowed the secret few to amass fortunes. The one that you vowed never to reveal the contents to.

Why did you reveal that you have it to over 70,000 people on this web site and countless amounts of 'guests'.

You invite kidnapping and torture to find out and steal the secrets. I wonder how many bits of your fingers would have to be snipped off (or worse) before you gave it up on a plate.

Magic Books

Socrates

I have to agree with Options. This is not a good or sensible game. I strongly suggest the the monitors remove this whole thread. There is always a fool who will believe any nonsense and not see what you're getting at. Alternatively make this game plain.

Socrates

I have to agree with Options. This is not a good or sensible game. I strongly suggest the the monitors remove this whole thread. There is always a fool who will believe any nonsense and not see what you're getting at. Alternatively make this game plain.

I cannot make thngs more plain than I do. The problem is that people do not understand. They want spoon feeding. This is not possible, even with the best will in the world it is not possible, sorry.

What do you expect me to do ?

This is a site for traders, it is not a kindergarten for children.

My posts attract the most arcane comment imaginable. Here you have someone thinking the book belonged to WD Gann, the other thinks it is a book of magic tricks, the other one thinks I learnt everything I know from the book, nonsense isn't it ?

The contents of the book just confirmed my views.

The book contains the private annotations of the grandaddy of price time and volume that happen to exactly coincide with my perspective on the subject.

But my perspective on the subject is not mainstream.

What is in the public domain is exclusively mainstream.

Therefore it is best if it remains so for the great majority.

But I am telling you, as far as is prudent and wise, that what is mainstream is what is mainstream, but that is not all there is.

The owner of the book annotated his ideas and observations that he did not release to the public for good reason.

I acquired his annotations on a specific understanding that I have to respect.

But this does not prevent me from trying to point you in the right direction without betraying confidences and breaking my solemn oath. From then on, it is all up to you.

I cannot make thngs more plain than I do. The problem is that people do not understand. They want spoon feeding. This is not possible, even with the best will in the world it is not possible, sorry.

My posts attract the most arcane comment imaginable. Here you have someone thinking the book belonged to WD Gann, the other thinks it is a book of magic tricks, the other one thinks I learnt everything I know from the book, nonsense isn't it ?

The book contains the private annotations of the grandaddy of price time and volume that happen to exactly coincide with my perspective on the subject.

But I am telling you, as far as is prudent and wise, that what is mainstream is what is mainstream, but that is not all there is.

The owner of the book annotated his ideas and observations that he did not release to the public for good reason.

But this does not prevent me from trying to point you in the right direction without betraying confidences and breaking my solemn oath. From then on, it is all up to you.

Worth or value, is only a perception, there are some things money can't buy.

The mainstream view is of one that nobody knows.

This is ridiculous, to say the least.

I ask this.

How could a market move in any direction if nobody knew anything about it?

Who has seen the future

Bertie:

What is your pain threshold?

I already know you like the dark (Putting students in cupboards and the like).

The reason I ask is this.

This secret book that you quietly and covertly acquired. The one with all the 'workings' from Gann and the like. What did he make? around 50 million wasn't it. That has got to be worth having hasn't it? Most certainly if it contains previously undisclosed methods that no one knows about and allowed the secret few to amass fortunes. The one that you vowed never to reveal the contents to.

Why did you reveal that you have it to over 70,000 people on this web site and countless amounts of 'guests'.

You invite kidnapping and torture to find out and steal the secrets. I wonder how many bits of your fingers would have to be snipped off (or worse) before you gave it up on a plate.

How much is the key to the "Tardis" worth?

Here's one for the 'Ledger'?....

Any given market is trending up, yeh, with me so far?

The market has been trending up for 3-6 months, right?

One day, one announcement, bad economic news...

Drops the market 1.65%.

The next 3 days the market goes up 2.25%.

Carrying on in it's bullish behaviour.

Let me guess...

Investors got worried...

Then all of a sudden, everythings OK again?

The markets don't get dropped in a one day rout to take out investment money,...that is a fact.

The markets are dropped for reasons.

It creates and feeds. Was all this unknown?

Ask, Soccy, it's all in the 'Ledger'.

we are, literally, sick and tired of this crap. Because that's all it is, CRAP.

Let me see, you now act as gate keeper to this book, in addition to being gate keeper to the Platinum Lounge (there I said it, are you happy that your trap worked?).

But since this book happens to coincide with your views why are you bound an oath to it, or is there some other oath we are not aware of. If you are bound by oath when you obtained this book it strikes me as totally illogical given the situation your perspectives and its perceptives are the same. It would be like me knowing a proof of the Riemann Hyphothesis, I keep the proof meaning to publish it later, and in the meantime I acquire the missing notebook of a dead mathematician on the condition I am bounded to not reveal its secrets, and this book has a proof similar to mine. Why would I be obliged to keep this oath? I would say no, because I've already arrived at the proof in my independent way, and why should I give a f*ck what a book says that got the same proof to mine that I did not know about at the time, that's just hard cheese. If I didn't have the proof and the book provided it that would have been a different matter.

I am disgusted and infuritated that you have the nerve to call a lot of posters on these boards "dunces". I think you are THE dunce, and an utterly sadistic and brutal one at that.

I owe some thanks to you in helping me get rid of indicators, but Skimbleshanks started me on that route. For her, I'll always be grateful. But everything else, I don't need your help.

What I find sadistic and cruel in your behaviour is what's in your post above. It's no different to simple sadistic teasing. You are playing on people's greed and fear that you might have the key to untold riches. You see I just don't get it:

1) most people here are "dunces" so you say, so why on earth tell us about it. Or does you daily dose of medicine require you to make people feel inadequate about themselves so you can feel better?

2) new_trader is getting sucked into you as his posts show. I congratulate him on making the transistion to darksidding, and am very happy for him. He asked you whether the gaps could be filled by hard work and you said "YES". Well in that case who needs the book? Maybe he wants a short cut, but as you said many times, there are no shortcuts.

3) you have your PL (inadvertent trap fell into again to your satisfaction), so why the hell are you still here? go and talk it over with andycan, bulldozer etc. . . or has their company become rather stale and you need better sadistic stimulation?

And don't tell me that "I don't know that I don't know". I'm sick and tired of that. There are many things in this life we will never know about, and as a favourite saying in an old fishkeeping book of mine goes: "there are no uninteresting things, only uninterested people".

Here's a question about evolution, money and the rich.

Are there people in Africa today,....who are having a worse life than some of the people who were living in Africa 5,000 years ago?

You are a consumer, you buy, you borrow, you don't create, you serve the needs of the 'monied' people, you are labour, part of the market and you don't even know it.

You own nothing, zip, zilch, neutral.

The market gives us hope.

But, where would the markets be without us?

Without the billions of consumers and labourers, the markets would not exist.

Sh*t innit?

we are, literally, sick and tired of this crap. Because that's all it is, CRAP.

Let me see, you now act as gate keeper to this book, in addition to being gate keeper to the Platinum Lounge (there I said it, are you happy that your trap worked?).

But since this book happens to coincide with your views why are you bound an oath to it, or is there some other oath we are not aware of. If you are bound by oath when you obtained this book it strikes me as totally illogical given the situation your perspectives and its perceptives are the same. It would be like me knowing a proof of the Riemann Hyphothesis, I keep the proof meaning to publish it later, and in the meantime I acquire the missing notebook of a dead mathematician on the condition I am bounded to not reveal its secrets, and this book has a proof similar to mine. Why would I be obliged to keep this oath? I would say no, because I've already arrived at the proof in my independent way, and why should I give a f*ck what a book says that got the same proof to mine that I did not know about at the time, that's just hard cheese. If I didn't have the proof and the book provided it that would have been a different matter.

I am disgusted and infuritated that you have the nerve to call a lot of posters on these boards "dunces". I think you are THE dunce, and an utterly sadistic and brutal one at that.

I owe some thanks to you in helping me get rid of indicators, but Skimbleshanks started me on that route. For her, I'll always be grateful. But everything else, I don't need your help.

What I find sadistic and cruel in your behaviour is what's in your post above. It's no different to simple sadistic teasing. You are playing on people's greed and fear that you might have the key to untold riches. You see I just don't get it:

1) most people here are "dunces" so you say, so why on earth tell us about it. Or does you daily dose of medicine require you to make people feel inadequate about themselves so you can feel better?

2) new_trader is getting sucked into you as his posts show. I congratulate him on making the transistion to darksidding, and am very happy for him. He asked you whether the gaps could be filled by hard work and you said "YES". Well in that case who needs the book? Maybe he wants a short cut, but as you said many times, there are no shortcuts.

3) you have your PL (inadvertent trap fell into again to your satisfaction), so why the hell are you still here? go and talk it over with andycan, bulldozer etc. . . or has their company become rather stale and you need better sadistic stimulation?

And don't tell me that "I don't know that I don't know". I'm sick and tired of that. There are many things in this life we will never know about, and as a favourite saying in an old fishkeeping book of mine goes: "there are no uninteresting things, only uninterested people".

You are very very lucky. You are getting a reply from Skim, who is in the room, in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.