The Ledger (ex Candlesticks thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I owe some thanks to you in helping me get rid of indicators, but Skimbleshanks started me on that route. For her, I'll always be grateful. But everything else, I don't need your help.

Here is Skimbleshank's reply repeated to you:~

Well, thank you Stoic. I'm pleased to have set you off on your journey. But that is all I did ... start you off.

Socrates is the one who is now directing you towards the end of your journey, where everything you want is waiting for you. Just listen to him, for what he is trying to tell you will speed you to your destination.

You realised that what I had to say was 'different' to the 99%, so open your mind again, and LISTEN to what Socrates is saying for it too is 'different' to the 99%.

The old Chinese saying is: "When the student is ready, the teacher shall appear." So perhaps you're not quite ready. This is fine, as it all takes time to get yourself into a receptive frame of mind to accept the information being imparted.

What you need to do is to revisit Socrates' posts in the future and read them again. Perhaps then it will start to make more sense to you than it does now. And then later still, read it again. One day the realisation of what is being said will hit you. Once you get that, you will NEVER look back for that is when you finally cross the invisible bridge that eludes the 99%.

Socrates is just the messenger - please don't shoot him!

Skim

Well, thank you Stoic. I'm pleased to have set you off on your journey. But that is all I did ... start you off.

Socrates is the one who is now directing you towards the end of your journey, where everything you want is waiting for you. Just listen to him, for what he is trying to tell you will speed you to your destination.

You realised that what I had to say was 'different' to the 99%, so open your mind again, and LISTEN to what Socrates is saying for it too is 'different' to the 99%.

The old Chinese saying is: "When the student is ready, the teacher shall appear." So perhaps you're not quite ready. This is fine, as it all takes time to get yourself into a receptive frame of mind to accept the information being imparted.

What you need to do is to revisit Socrates' posts in the future and read them again. Perhaps then it will start to make more sense to you than it does now. And then later still, read it again. One day the realisation of what is being said will hit you. Once you get that, you will NEVER look back for that is when you finally cross the invisible bridge that eludes the 99%.

Skim

Ha ha ha ha ha!

You have got to be pulling everyones p*sser with this?:)

Skim

And, I once pulled you up for starting a sentence with And did'nt I...yes....seems Skim has the same affliction....I don't think !!

CV,

Skim is doing a lot of advocating these days, would Soccy use her name for the reasons of being a female, sentimental reasons?

She? The Skim?

Don't try to con me, Soccy.

As for 'The Skim', she could only ever use/afford the markets to pay for condiments, nevermind sell options.

Try again, just don't put females up for collateral.

Sorry Socrates,

I really have no idea what you are talking about.

I assume its not about trading then ?:LOL:

PS : who is skim ?

CV,

Skim is doing a lot of advocating these days, would Soccy use her name for the reasons of being a female, sentimental reasons?

She? The Skim?

Don't try to con me, Soccy.

As for 'The Skim', she could only ever use/afford the markets to pay for condiments, nevermind sell options.

Try again, just don't put females up for collateral.

And on the same theme...we have this...

Volume Spread Analysis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a student of Albert Labos I was trained to use volume spread analysis and I believe it is the only way to trade, having used it ever since. Whilst I know the name may be like a red rag to a bull ( and yes I paid £5,000 too ), the actual techniques he taught were perfectly valid. Whether he 'borrowed' them from Tom Williams is another matter!!!

Volume tells you the activity of the professional money in the market, and the price actions tells you what the result is based on that activity. A move up on low volume is clearly a trap up move. Combine the above with an in depth knowlegde of candlestick analysis, and you have the only way of trading which forecasts likley future price movement. It has taken me years to learn how to trade using these techniques, but I personally would not trade in any other way. Ironically I now trade currency full time so to rely on my candle reading skills alone with no volume to confirm the move!!

If you would like further information there is a page on my personal web site which explains the principles in more detail - yes it is all free - at www.making-bread.co.uk

And the nonsense just goes on And on And on

And on the same theme...we have this...

Volume Spread Analysis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a student of Albert Labos I was trained to use volume spread analysis and I believe it is the only way to trade, having used it ever since. Whilst I know the name may be like a red rag to a bull ( and yes I paid £5,000 too ), the actual techniques he taught were perfectly valid. Whether he 'borrowed' them from Tom Williams is another matter!!!

Volume tells you the activity of the professional money in the market, and the price actions tells you what the result is based on that activity. A move up on low volume is clearly a trap up move. Combine the above with an in depth knowlegde of candlestick analysis, and you have the only way of trading which forecasts likley future price movement. It has taken me years to learn how to trade using these techniques, but I personally would not trade in any other way. Ironically I now trade currency full time so to rely on my candle reading skills alone with no volume to confirm the move!!

If you would like further information there is a page on my personal web site which explains the principles in more detail - yes it is all free - at www.making-bread.co.uk

And the nonsense just goes on And on And on

CV.

Ha ha ha ha!

Nice one!:LOL:

Skim

Since it is Skimbleshanks, I will submit and withdraw forthwith.

I have further things to add to you Socrates, but that can wait. I'm off to think about this for a few days. I have no intention of shooting you, dear boy.

Since it is Skimbleshanks, I will submit and withdraw forthwith.

I have further things to add to you Socrates, but that can wait. I'm off to think about this for a few days. I have no intention of shooting you, dear boy.

Funny. I used to think that Skimbleshanks had something on the ball. But if she's one of Albert's little band, my suppositions must have been premature . . .

I know that the original WD Gann papers went to Robert Prechter and some to a friend of his, written in his own hand, in lilac ink, but I have his fountain pen, an American Conklin fountain pen with a gold nib and operated by a plunger, with his initials engraved in gold letters on the shank.

Another gentleman in Minnesota also acquired some original material relating to other market personalities, but I acquired the private annotations and observations of the grandaddy of price time and volume, some entries in ink and some in pencil, written as a private journal in a black leather Ledger measuring approximately 5 inches by 8 inches and about 3/4 of an inch thick.

I was allowed to acquire this material on the understanding the contents would not be allowed to be released into the public domain.

I therefore cannot discuss the contents with you in detail.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better :cheesy:

Anybody that is taken in by this derserves, quite frankly, to be taken in !

Why didn't skim reply directly on here. She is still able to post etc.
It would have been nice to 'see' her again, and I have the greatest respect for her as a trader and a person.

She was one of the original people from t2w's inception. And freely gave help to people without being evasive and shadowy. She was even able to impart some knowledge to me concerning 'darksiding'

She did mention about her early teachers but was now under the wing of a mentor that showed her a 'different' approach that worked.

Are you saying this is you Bertie?

AlbertRoss

I know who SOCRATES is..... his surname is Ross, right?

Sorry Albert couldn't resist! You just enthrawl me.

Attachments

• Albertross.jpg
    Albertross.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 465
Took me a few seconds to get that one. Albatross doh!

Isn't it too early to be drinking?

None of you can get me to do what you want, snort, hahahaha

No amount of false accusation, taunting, aggression, insult, or whatever is going to get me to give you what you want, hahahaha

I am not sharing it, and I am not telling you, hahaha

I have not even looked at the previous posts properly, by the way, as none of it matters to me, LOL.

I am off to lunch with friends, when I come back, I may pass by with my little stick to rattle the bars of your cage again, LOL. Ta Ta.

"None of you can get me to do what you want, snort, hahahaha

No amount of false accusation, taunting, aggression, insult, or whatever is going to get me to give you what you want, hahahaha

I am not sharing it, and I am not telling you, hahaha.
"

WTF are you on Bertie? I know you are on a vast ego trip but the fact that you think anyone on here is taking this seriously shows just how demented you have become. I used to have some respect for you. The journey from the basement was intriguing and had some salient points. This thread is just total garbage because it is never going to prove anything.

You tell us you were 'allowed to acquire' a book. Who allowed you to do this old son. You said the new owners of the building/lease whatever had no interest in the contents yet 'sold' them off to people who happened to be market players. Or did one person buy the job lot and realising the very importance of these priceless documents then sold them on to the people concerned?

Who told you not to disclose the contents? Who made you swear to secrecy? Who cares?

Who is the granddaddy of time and price? You must be able to tell us his name. You won't be giving anything away will you. Unless he was a very secretive market trader. That would not have been possible.

I didn't allude that the book you have was the workings of Ganns' I mentioned him and others. You are clearly only reading what you want to read again. You never give answers to simple straight forward questions, because those answers that people are still waiting for would show you up wouldn't they. That is why you use flowery prose.

And if Gann isn't the master of time and price. Then who is?
I use a mixture of Gann and fibs in my analysis, but it is my mix, with the best being borrowed and the rest ignored.

"I have not even looked at the previous posts properly, by the way, as none of it matters to me, LOL."

I bet you had a peek. Go on admit it. You have haven't you. go on, go on, go on. You did didn't you.

Oh! If You see Skim, get her to post a hello on here under her own nick. I'd like to see her floppy bits again.

Last edited:
Awesome pic of the lively luncheon.

Although I had imagined a more cafe-like ambiance, sitting down to a fine egg & chips with the chaps, washed down with a large mug of tea.

Seriously though the story of the ledger is rather captivating isnt it, a well written good read. To have items in your possession that have belonged to past trading greats is something to treasure, I am somewhat confused as to why the said items are abroad and not close to hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.