The final Holy Grail!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you very much for your answer...Wow just like that most of the trash in this thread went away! Good.

I have another question if you don't mind...
What time frame do you use? i.e. 15 minute, hour, day...

670 pips offside....Ok i think hes learnt his lesson now. Stops are important and he doesnt have the Holy Grail. I hope there is a dollar sell off and you get it all back. Just dont take on 5 positions all betting against dollar in time of debt crisis.

Last edited:
I'm interested to see how the thread starter handles these trades....take gbpusd as the eg, now a max of 130 offside, ie whether he will take b/e if it gets there again or hold for a reasonable risk:reward which doesn't necessarilly have to be 1:1 or greater given a high strike rate....although would be preferred....this is assuming he is still attending to the thread or has he given it up?

I'm interested to see how the thread starter handles these trades....take gbpusd as the eg, now a max of 130 offside, ie whether he will take b/e if it gets there again or hold for a reasonable risk:reward which doesn't necessarilly have to be 1:1 or greater given a high strike rate....although would be preferred....this is assuming he is still attending to the thread or has he given it up?

Probably shut down his demo account. My honest opinion is that his GBPUSD position will be ok. EURUSD screwed. AUDUSD will come back. USDCHF and USDCAD no idea. GBPCAD is reaching good levels to the upside so he should be ok.

'....It's not a probability, it will switch direction and i'll be in profit tomorrow friday...'

You clearly have some inside knowledge that the rest of us do not have, indeed you are the only market participant that knows this - lol!!! Whatever happens will happen, and I like all other market participants do not know where price is headed, all we have is our trading edge borne of analysis. If however you are confident in the 100% historical strike rate of your trading edge then G/L to you.

I have to say that i did take highly risky trades, and that, if i was expecting such replies, i would not posted them here.

You sold dollars...Market looks to have bottomed for the time being so you might be ok. Non farm pay rolls tomorrow which has been notoriously strong for dollars of recent. The market has broken the range. You might be a technical genius, but you are fundamentally an idiot.

You sold dollars...Market looks to have bottomed for the time being so you might be ok. Non farm pay rolls tomorrow which has been notoriously strong for dollars of recent. The market has broken the range. You might be a technical genius, but you are fundamentally an idiot.

I did not insulted anybody here, so I'm asking you some respect.

I have to say that i did take highly risky trades, and that, if i was expecting such replies, i would not posted them here.

Not only does your methodology appear to be niave but you too are being niave thinking you could make such statements as you have and not expect some stick, lol.

I for one wish you luck with it, and if it works for you, then great.

'....It's not a probability, it will switch direction and i'll be in profit tomorrow friday...'

You clearly have some inside knowledge that the rest of us do not have, indeed you are the only market participant that knows this - lol!!! Whatever happens will happen, and I like all other market participants do not know where price is headed, all we have is our trading edge borne of analysis. If however you are confident in the 100% historical strike rate of your trading edge then G/L to you.

Thanks Bro!
Good Luck to you too.

Thanks Bro!
Good Luck to you too.

well i got news for you...price started to come back in yesterdays value area (market profile that is, not a grail),but just got rejected, so i think we have seen 1,2828 as the high for today, and maybe for many many days to come (but even i do not know that).

TR

I did not insulted anybody here, so I'm asking you some respect.

Respect will be given when its due, not when its wanted. I hope it works out for you. I just hope you learn something from this. Stops. Not only are you down 670 ticks, but you have also locked yourself out of making more pips. So if an average day you are up 100 pips you have also lost out on that. This is where your strategy faulters.

So we all keep quiet and more newcomers arrive, read this and think - I can do that and subsequently blow their account - perhaps their life savings after a few weeks of getting it right following this method.

That would be irresponsible.

I don't care if people disagree but I think it is important that the "dark" side of such a strategy is highlighted.
I agree with you, but, didn't I asked you to not do anything until the end of May?

I agree with you, but, didn't I asked you to not do anything until the end of May?

Dear MEDBS ....you seem not to understand statistics....what is the end of may, still 17 days....how many trade samples .....17, 34, ??
A good strategy is only proven winning year in year out, and i think a minimum of 200 samples is needed.

TR

Is this strategy backtestable? If so, have you come up with data for past performance, and what did that look like? Specifically, expected annual return and expected maximum drawdown.

Is this strategy backtestable? If so, have you come up with data for past performance, and what did that look like? Specifically, expected annual return and expected maximum drawdown.

THIS STRATEGY IS VERY DIFFICULT TO BACKTEST.
I TRADE LIVE THIS METHOD SUCCESSFULLY SINCE OCTOBER (6 months)

and what bothers me most, is when i make profitable trades and many $, no one here open his mouth, i must take a very risky trade and let it go againt me to see legendary and veteran members posting & preaching their knowledge.

No disrespect, but you did claim to an enlightenment that none of us are privy to, and also that your system had a 100 pct success rate. Neither of these two things are true, are they? Maybe try a tiny bit more modesty next time..

On another point, why is the strategy not backtestable, is it partly discretionary, or does it involve using trend lines/support/resistance that kind of thing.

No disrespect, but you did claim to an enlightenment that none of us are privy to, and also that your system had a 100 pct success rate. Neither of these two things are true, are they? Maybe try a tiny bit more modesty next time..

On another point, why is the strategy not backtestable, is it partly discretionary, or does it involve using trend lines/support/resistance that kind of thing.

No disrespect, my strategy is, so far, 100%, you love or you don't, it's not my problem, only time will confirm my sayings.
So far 12 trades/12 and I'm expecting another 5/5.

No disrespect, my strategy is, so far, 100%, you love or you don't, it's not my problem,..... only time will confirm my sayings..... and I'm expecting another 5/5.....

Whatever happens, ...It's been emotional !!

Status
Not open for further replies.