The Final Holy Grail Journal Discussion Thread

Re: The final Holy Grail!

Primary rules for traders include:
Detach ego from trading.
Don't marry trades.
A loss is part of business expenses. Accept and minimise as you would any business cost before it swamps you.
You're not good or bad depending on your trades. You are profitable or not to whatever extent.
Divorce that from your self-esteem.
Don't boast or you'll end up like Gordon Brown (I have abolished bust and boom).
Be modest and humble.
Enough navel-gazing psycho-babble, time to look for winning stocks :)
Richard

I am rather glad that Brown didn't manage to abolish busts and boom boom.

:LOL:

You wait, if Cleggy boy keeps him in power, they'll tax busts and boom boom.
In the words of Gordon Brown:
"In these difficult times, all pleasures should pay their fair share in tax so we can support hard-working families. We will be reducing unemployment by creating many jobs to ensure compliance and to catch those who already have generous busts and frequently boom boom and who may try to evade this very reasonable tax.
This will add £14 billion to our economy and some will reduce the deficit and some will be put into the rubber doll industry in which we are the world leaders (as in everything else since I came to power).
Our opponents say they will cancel these measures. Let me tell you, if you take £14 billion out of the economy by cancelling these just measures, we will sink into a double dip recession..........."

Thinking about it, I recall seeing a trading statement just like the ones provided from another trader, can't think who it was, but he professed his own ability, guess what, he's not trading now, odd, same company as well, never mind.

The style and type of statement, shown, is easily replicated on Excel as well, hmmmm

Medbs. Your short USDCHF trade almost reached its target of 1.1039 unfortunately fell 1 pip short of making a pip from that trade. It might come about soon though. Resistence became support maybe...

Medbs. Your short USDCHF trade almost reached its target of 1.1039 unfortunately fell 1 pip short of making a pip from that trade. It might come about soon though. Resistence became support maybe...

very good, hope is always good!

For the Eurdollar only 200 pips to go for break even. Excellent money management!!:idea:

Traderunner, do you not realise that he is value investing based on technical analysis? Just because these trades are highly leveraged and no correllations have been considered in this swing based coin flip unlimited downside limited profit system it's no need to be rude.;)

As I said in my first post on this thread when there were two winners.

0.5*0.5 = 0.25.

Thats a nice 1 in 4 chance of the sun shining before it all went t1ts up.

Medbs. If you didnt get a little bit of help from the Swiss national bank today you would be more like 800 pips down. Dont worry it will come back though.

counter_violent had a similar thread, where he threw out the conventional rule-book, took apparently random initial trades, then judiciously added to losers, and managed the trade till closed for a profit.

CV was treated with a bit more respect.
So, its not medbs trades per se, but his apparently terse manner that has rubbed people up the wrong way.

Either way, I have learnt the hard and expensive way that accepting small losers is better than big ones.

hmmm if the approach is no stops, and in your stats you only count the trades that you've closed for a profit, one can see how 100 pct success rate is achievable. It's the kind of statistics Gordon Brown would happily espouse, I'm sure.

1000 ticks offside. This is what we call in the trade as doing your bollx.

1,000 ticks offside is known as a Grand trade.

Hope he's not betting £ 20 point a point.

If he is he won't be feeling too grand.

Always the same with most types of trading, you think you can "afford" wider stops in a trading range and pick up profits steadily, but when it trends beyond the range.........it's turkey at Christmas time.
Always adjust your trading methods to the market, NOT expect the market to trade the way you want.
Adapt or die.
Richard

PS I do not derive any satisfaction from seeing someone become a cropper and most people here don't either.
You've just got to learn the lessons and move on - and lose the ego.

Re: The Final Holy Grail Discussion Thread

Real traders are taught that the Holy Grail to Investing doesn't exist. Real people were taught that all the planet's move about the earth, don't go to far out into the ocean(you'll fall off the earth), on and on..........

When one looks outside the box(inventor), goes against the group(thinks for self), said they found(developed) something that is supposed to be impossible(airplanes), they were once killed. Now these people are called bad names and delegated to be unheard, and ignored group.

The ultimate business solution. The ability to cut the cost of any business expense, or just plain invest.

I developed multiple arbitrages that enable me to trade(not invest) in the finacial markets, without risk(The Holy Grail to Investing), or arbitrage that anyone can do. Over 30% a year.

Thomas Adair
[email protected]