The Expert

AllLosingTradesFor2Years

Whatever happened to The Expert? Did anyone ever confirm if this guy was a troll or had anything insightful to say? I am not gonna lie. I played the game and read through a lot of posts. I read a lot of stuff on another site where The Expert and NYSE and some other people were sort of the center of attention. I figured out a couple of pdfs but I never figured out the apr28 password after a couple weeks. Anyways, what was the conclusion about these people? Here is a post for reference

Whatever happened to The Expert? Did anyone ever confirm if this guy was a troll or had anything insightful to say? I am not gonna lie. I played the game and read through a lot of posts. I read a lot of stuff on another site where The Expert and NYSE and some other people were sort of the center of attention. I figured out a couple of pdfs but I never figured out the apr28 password after a couple weeks. Anyways, what was the conclusion about these people? Here is a post for reference
I feel like I’m on a bit of a cliff hanger on this. The thread vibed with me because I’m all about being a contrarian with all of the shit we are fed by popular media, parents, friends and strangers in general. People seem to develop folklore and get things wrong more often than not. The problem is, I don’t know if I’m being a contrarian the CORRECT way. Thanks

Then there’s another side of me that wonders if I should even be a contrarian because I’m open minded to just about anything being possible in some way shape or form. I don’t really know where to go from here.

What are you looking for and what are you not seeing in his posts? Many of the posts seem sensible

I was trying to figure out if anything they were saying made any sense. It’s hard to know what’s real and what is not real with all of the misinformation floating around. Also, I could never get the password to the PDF

Just looking at the first post of the thread, I think his thesis was that what is mostly taught as TA is nonsense and contributes in a large way to a new trader's failure and that most people don't have a trading plan or an idea of what that involves.

I think I agree with all of that, although I would say that there are more dominant reasons why people fail, but I couldn't prove them. Because people that don't use TA also fail in high order.

Does anyone know anymore? There was some other guy called NYSESTOCKS. They use to say things like “use the box to save your socks.” Then TheExpert talked about having an adequate 50 cent range to trade. Am I just not getting what they are talking about because I don’t trade stocks? Do I have to trade stocks to learn the best most obvious way to make money?

I’ve read hundreds of their posts. I don’t know if they were playing mind games or if they were helping to show the path. I would like to walk it but I don’t really know how. I almost got the impression too that they were almost saying “price goes up, you buy. End of story. No stop”