The euro's death rattle

Shouldn't let this affect your trading decisions whoever is the author (economist or non economist) They are only good at explaining why something happened after the event. Before the event - useless.

PS Trade what you see, not what you (or the press) think

Well said. I'll echo that completely. Hindsight is 20/20.

Erm...I'm definitely not BeginnerJoe. I'm not saying I haven't ever posted total crap, but not at that level. The guy's a genius.

I love Europe, but all we need is free trade and cheap flights on easyjet etc for
a Europe of nation states to thrive in harmony.

When the EU and Euro collapses I'll be as happy as Larry. And far from the only one.
The good people of Europe are being abused by unelected power crazed marxists
hell bent on turning us into slaves. The sooner they are found out and kicked out the better.

We don't have any Murdochs over here, at least.

I am particularly bearish on the Euro. The macro picture is shocking - Italy, the third largest economy in the Eurozone and the world's largest issuer of bonds could well go bust; if it does then the Euro is finished.

From a technical standpoint, both the previous two rallies in the EUR/USD have failed at their respective 78.6% retracement levels (14734 & 14563). Today we have reached the 78.6% retracement level from the previous high on 4th July at 14419 and just above we have the falling trend line from which there should be some tasty shorts. Over the next few weeks/months I am expecting a test of the previous wave 4 low at 12878, set on 9th Jan.

www.ftse100profits.co.uk for more

About the only currency safe haven I can see is the Swiss franc.

Why is everyone on this thread so bullish USD???

That's why most people lose money :)

The world is gone mad right now and the USD is the leader of the gang. Mark my word: us dollar is so gonna crash sooner rather than later :rolleyes:

The Euro is also a shjt hole but still much better than USD