Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

In this choppy, compressed market, it seems the 3 ducks are just nesting and not knowing what to do. I use the 3 Ducks as a quick gauge but have had to employ a tighter strategy to get any trades at all. Otherwise, very few, if any would execute and then be losers if they did.

But it's still an excellent tool in solidly trending markets.

Just sit a side mate and don't trade. No system works in all market conditions. Its all about knowing when your chosen strategy will work and when it won't.

Hi guys
First post just trying out the three ducks going to give this trade a go

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 201
Just sit a side mate and don't trade. No system works in all market conditions. Its all about knowing when your chosen strategy will work and when it won't.

Exactly. But sitting aside doesn't pay the bills. I have a strategy for these compressed markets and it works well. But I check my 3 ducks anyway for high level trend confirmation.

18th May 2016

I wonder, I wonder I wonder ... will most of the current 4hr trends be still in play after tonight's (Wed) FOMC meeting minutes.

A quick squint at the charts this Wed am and it looks like our First Duck (H4) is:

BULLISH
Usd.Cad
Usd.Jpy
Usd.Chf

BEARISH
Eur.Usd
Gbp.Usd
Aud.Usd
Eur.Gbp

Chat soon,

Andy
Captain Currency

With cable up 200 pips already what are the chances of it going up further with FOMC news in an hour? I'm thinking down, down down. Time will tell....

With cable up 200 pips already what are the chances of it going up further with FOMC news in an hour? I'm thinking down, down down. Time will tell....

After the run it has had today, it does need a breather. But it should resume. I'm thinking 1.4775 at a min, 1.49ish at the outside. But as you stated, TIME WILL TELL!!!!!

24th May 2016

Scratchin me head here,

Gbp.Usd is heading up this am and Eur.Usd is heading down this am, one of them is going in the wrong direction ...

Andy
Captain Currency

2nd June 2016

At about $1.12 at the mo, wouldn't be surprised to see Eur.Usd move south again (this wk / next wk) testing the $1.11 low.

Andy
Captain Currency

Attachments

• eur.usd 4hr.jpg
    eur.usd 4hr.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 734
Well, you where right for a quite a few hours - would have done well with a trailing stop. I wonder if using a TS when big announcements are about might be wise?

Well, you where right for a quite a few hours - would have done well with a trailing stop. I wonder if using a TS when big announcements are about might be wise?

Howdy Purple Turtle, yep trailing stop-loss is defiantly an option.

Many variables, I'd reckon we have to be "creative" in this department when it comes to pre-entry order/trade management and fully think about our options - how can we give the trade the best possible chance of success ...

Andy
Captain Currency

hey guys

in response to some recent requests for me to produce a simple and usable Strengthmeter based system

heres a pretty simple system based loosely on Captain currencies 3 ducks system ....ive put this on here before but heres a video now ......makes it clearer

the original and best 3 ducks is one of the best simple systems ive seen in 16 years of trading forex so give it a try.........Andy is a great guy and a great trader as well !

cheers
N

heres the eu on the 3 duck corrie today ....

today the usd is probably the only signal in the 3 duck Corrie box at moment so sell usd in best signalling pairs

EU is mixed bag .........see the signals when euro goes above the zero ?

I am happy to share this free system that pays homage to Cap's excellent and original 3 ducks ........but remember my own scalping is not based on this system
it is much more customised for me and faster ....this is 5 minute signals requiring more stops and a different strategy entirely

however you can see rom this why generally I would be happy to keep supporting EU rebuys even from down to the 1.1250 levels ...............right ?

N

Attachments

• 3 duck corrie  eu trades today.JPG
    3 duck corrie eu trades today.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 2,979
heres the eu on the 3 duck corrie today ....

today the usd is probably the only signal in the 3 duck Corrie box at moment so sell usd in best signalling pairs

EU is mixed bag .........see the signals when euro goes above the zero ?

I am happy to share this free system that pays homage to Cap's excellent and original 3 ducks ........but remember my own scalping is not based on this system
it is much more customised for me and faster ....this is 5 minute signals requiring more stops and a different strategy entirely

however you can see rom this why generally I would be happy to keep supporting EU rebuys even from down to the 1.1250 levels ...............right ?

N

Thanks for the tips, I'm too watching closely of this pair.