Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

Very rewarding buying the above Yen pairs over the last few days Peet, hopefully you bagged a few pips!

Andy
Captain Currency

yep yellow Yen is still weak (See chart below)....but boyoboy the orange AUD is getting slammed and in opposite mode the red GBP is on fire going north

USD (green) is in middle of the pack so always a good currency to use in your pair (y)

N:smart:

Attachments

• 3rd duck action 60ma 4hr tf.JPG
    3rd duck action 60ma 4hr tf.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 319
Looking for either the selling set-ups on Aud.Usd or the buying set-ups on Usd.Cad, seems a straight forward plan for the coming day(s) Duck Hunters.

First Duck (H4) continues to favour the buying set-ups on Usd.Cad.

My thoughts ... I'd love to see this pair break and hold above the 1.1500 in the coming session(s) and with an average daily pip variation figure of about 90 pips it would be rude if bulls didn't go for it, c'mon the Bulls!

Andy
Captain Currency

Attachments

• Usd.Cad 4hr chart.jpg
    Usd.Cad 4hr chart.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 236
So it seems that USDCAD is triggering an entry long.

240min - Price above SMA and SMA is pointing upward in a nice slope
60min - Price breaking above SMA and recent resistance
5min - A buy signal was triggered on a break above 1.1460, with close above the SMA and recent resistance

SL of 30 pips right below the recent low and a TP of 50 pips, on a test of near resistance.

Your comments pls

attachment.php

Tue, Jan 6th 2015

Howdy Duck Hunters,

A quick market scan and it looks like our First Duck (H4) would favor:

selling set-ups on:
Eur.Usd (see chart below)
Gbp.Usd
Eur.Jpy

Good trading to you for the next few days,

Andy
Captain Currency

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas. I do not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to any loss of profit which may arise directly or indirectly from use or reliance on such information.

Attachments

• eur.usd 4hr chart.jpg
    eur.usd 4hr chart.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 269
Hi,
Been lurking for a while and thought it was time for me to post.
I've found your 3 ducks approach really helpful in keeping my emotional and full of good ideas inner self out of my spread betting. Over the past few days I've had some nice gains but I have a question if I may?

Both gbp/usd and eur/usd are getting very close to significant price levels,15000 and 11800. Not only are they physiologically tidy but also historically haven't been lower for a long time. Most analysts are predicting the trend to continue but in your opinion do you think the price will range around these levels for a while or do you think they will continue down as they are?
What I'm trying to weigh up is whether I should continue shorting or whether I should hold off for a bit until the levels are passed regardless of what the ducks are saying?

Thanks in advance,
Martin

Howdy Duck Hunters,

A quick market scan and it looks like our First Duck (H4) would favor:

selling set-ups on:
Eur.Usd (see chart below)
Gbp.Usd
Eur.Jpy

Good trading to you for the next few days,

Andy
Captain Currency

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas. I do not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to any loss of profit which may arise directly or indirectly from use or reliance on such information.

Thanks Captain.

3 Ducks | 20th Jan '15

Greetings Duck Hunters,

Don't forget the European Central Bank (ECB) will be back in town this Thursday 22nd. I wouldn't be waiting for them to change the rate but I'd be curious what they might say about monetary easing in the press conference afterwards.

Having said all that ... a quick market scan today and technically it looks like our First Duck (H4) would favor the selling set-ups on the cross pair Eur.Gbp. This cross pair is not the most "glamorous" pair to trade but it can knock out small and regular winning trades when it is trending (like it is now - see chart below).

Chat soon,

Andy
Captain Currency

Attachments

• eur.gbp 4hr chart.jpg
    eur.gbp 4hr chart.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 1,374
hey cap - just a quick line to say thanks for the Guinness

i'm not trading at present - may come back into the fold at some point but busy elsewhere on other projects

good trading
N

hey all

heres the 4hr duck on my fxcorrelator 60ma

this indicator shows where cap is coming from by looking at the BIG duck !

there were 3 solid players this week .all occupying top area from solid historic bull action

Red GBP , yellow Yen , Green usd

then I see a major breaker in the blue euro ..........nice moves up in the week !!!

and then our dogs (Sells) .........CAD , NZD, AUD, Swissie

so what next folks ?

hmmm..........well the yen looks a little bullish to me ..........looks susceptible to falls next week............euro looks like its far to overplayed ........swissie could come north now after inevitable selloffs recently

and listen to the CAP ...........:smart:

N

Attachments

• 4 hour duck on 60ma fxcorrelator.JPG
    4 hour duck on 60ma fxcorrelator.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 342
hey all

there were 3 solid players this week .all occupying top area from solid historic bull action

then I see a major breaker in the blue euro ..........nice moves up in the week !!!

so what next folks ?

hmmm..........well the yen looks a little bullish to me ..........looks susceptible to falls next week............euro looks like its far to overplayed ........swissie could come north now after inevitable selloffs recently

N

Thanks, I will keep eye on those pairs.

Hi NVP

Your correlator looks like a useful tool but I'd be intersted how you interperet the correlation.

Eg. You say JPY looks a little bullish which Id agree with but how would you compare it with something that also looks bullish? I guess my question would be do you look for value and go with something that looks slightly bullish or would you go with the recent strongest performer?

Would also like to put this question to the Captain....

Ta

hey all

so what next folks ?

N

3 Ducks | 4th Feb '15

Greetings Duck Hunters,

Wooser .... the Greek minister gave Eur.Usd a bit of a boost yesterday but I wouldn't be shocked to see Eur.Usd turning back down in the coming sessions.

For now I'd be a “Sitting Duck” on Eur.Usd and some other pairs after recent counter-trend rallies.

A bit of carefulness needed too, we have a Bank of England interest rate statement this Thu (5th) and on Fr (6th) we have the Non-Farm Payrolls, so staying safe is the name of the game!

Andy
Captain Currency

Attachments

• eur.usd 4hr chart.jpg
    eur.usd 4hr chart.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 218
The week ahead 16 - 20 Feb '15

Greek%20t2w.png

Greetings Duck Hunters,

I'd be very interested to see what impact Monday's meeting will have on the Euro pairs.

Would really love to see Eur.Gbp tank further south in the coming week(s) and it would be nice for us trend traders to see Eur.Usd getting back below the 1.1260 area of support sometime soon (see chart below).

Have a great weekend,

Andy
Captain Currency

Attachments

• t2w Eur.Usd 4hr chart.jpg
    t2w Eur.Usd 4hr chart.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 816