Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

This strategy is one the best and simplest startegy to trade in the flow of trend, together with sound price action setups it gives a very high probability of winning, and risk reward in many cases are unbelievably good.. what else do we need. well done CC. Thanks for sharing this startegy. (y)

Cheers Apmf

Andy,
how's the new wee bairn by the way ? Our number two is imminent ......

garry

Hello Rathz,

The wee one is doing well, 9 months this week. Our number two has about 6 months left to do on the inside.

Glad to hear your trading is not interfering with your :love: life

Andy

Attachments

• mia.gif
    mia.gif
    50.1 KB · Views: 175
hm...

Interesting strategy - however, like most of technical analysis: its lagging. Too many of us forex traders concentrate on this moving average crossing that moving average, when in reality most professionals incorporate fundamentals before technicals - not the other way around.

Good luck!

Interesting strategy - however, like most of technical analysis: its lagging. Too many of us forex traders concentrate on this moving average crossing that moving average, when in reality most professionals incorporate fundamentals before technicals - not the other way around.

Good luck!

will ya shut up:LOL:

Good luck!

I think you'll find Captain Currency IS a professional :)
If fundamental trading is your MAIN focus then you are probably looking at the wrong forums .... maybe even the wrong website .... !

Interesting strategy - however, like most of technical analysis: its lagging. Very True, but Lagging has it's uses for me, I like to slow play the market
Too many of us forex traders concentrate on this moving average crossing that moving average, when in reality most professionals incorporate fundamentals before technicals - not the other way around. Il'e take your word on that, I only know what I do

Good luck! Thanks, a bit of good luck is always welcome in my trading

I think you'll find Captain Currency IS a professional :)
Im just a Market Survivor pki, plenty of ups and downs since I started trading Fx back in 2001.

Andy

Good luck!
In the timeframes CC outlines for his strategy, the technical aspects are agruably far more significant than the fundamental.

You'll find while pros will have an eye to the underlying fundamentals, they will be trading the technical - if only trading those trading the technical - when trading these shorter timeframes.

Last Week's Results 3/31-4/1

Hello Traders,

Just thought I would share The 3 Duck's Trading System with you.

After the Aussie News release, I caught an AUD/JPY 60 SMA TRADE across 5min/60min/240min time frames...the uptrend was well above the 60 SMA line. Placed 0.1 Lot size trade going Long. I exited the trade at 100 pips, also I identified a head and shoulders chart pattern and caught 17pips down and another 20 pips up before I exited. Placed another trade Long, set for 0.5 Lot Size, went to work and 12 hrs later I had another 160 pips. Then I exited the trade, placed 2 trades at .2 lots then extied 1 trade at 30 pips and closed the last at 12 pips. Went Long again for another 70 pips and identified another head and shoulders chart pattern and shorted for another 30 pips then it dropped below the 60 sma in the 5min time frame. Then this wonderful ride ended at the next Aussie News release. My practice account balance was $1900 at the start of this trade and closed at a $2900 balance approximately a 24hour time period.
I caught some decent pips off of CHF/JPY around thurs with the trend much closer to the 60 sma in 5/60/240 min time frames also.

I'm sure that if I had been with a market maker trading a live mini account they would have sabotaged my platform or hunted my stops so thankfully I got to experience that kind of trade on a demo account which they (FxSolutions)don't mess with.

I'm a new forex student utilizing Forex Trading: Online Currency Trading in the Foreign Exchange Market to get a solid foundation in basic trading. I dont know how to capture my trades and post them or I would have.

In retrospec, the Initial Aussie News release seemed like to make the AUD bullish. The Jap news release seemed to make the JPY bearish and the fact that Japan has bought many US Treauries which is crumbling the Yen helps.

After the Aussie News release, I caught an AUD/JPY 60 SMA TRADE across 5min/60min/240min time frames...the uptrend was well above the 60 SMA line. Placed 0.1 Lot size trade going Long. I exited the trade at 100 pips, also I identified a head and shoulders chart pattern and caught 17pips down and another 20 pips up before I exited. Placed another trade Long, set for 0.5 Lot Size, went to work and 12 hrs later I had another 160 pips. Then I exited the trade, placed 2 trades at .2 lots then extied 1 trade at 30 pips and closed the last at 12 pips. Went Long again for another 70 pips and identified another head and shoulders chart pattern and shorted for another 30 pips then it dropped below the 60 sma in the 5min time frame. Then this wonderful ride ended at the next Aussie News release. My practice account balance was $1900 at the start of this trade and closed at a $2900 balance approximately a 24hour time period.

Your a hairdresser Im guessing

Andy

Your a hairdresser Im guessing

Andy

HAHA...good one...I cant help what babypips calls that trend reversal pattern..double tops, double bottoms, head and shoulders etc

anyway I'm gonna keep practicing

btw....what do you think of pricemotion.com (forex simulator) for noobs such as myself to get more practice time in on trading in a shorter time?

another Q

To someone who said that 3 ducks system is easy:
This is 5 min chart.
the price in 4hr and 1hr timeframes is below 60MA

Question: How would you overcome an obstacle - ranging market, when trading 3 ducks system? On the chart you can see that "price chops 60MA like ramsay`s kitchin knife slicing a piece of meat."

Attachments

• 5min.gif
    5min.gif
    43.6 KB · Views: 157
3 ducks loses in a range bound market!

To someone who said that 3 ducks system is easy:
This is 5 min chart.
the price in 4hr and 1hr timeframes is below 60MA

Question: How would you overcome an obstacle - ranging market, when trading 3 ducks system? On the chart you can see that "price chops 60MA like ramsay`s kitchin knife slicing a piece of meat."

3 ducks goes quack quack in a range bound market. every market strategy has its weakne
ss,there is no holy grail!

I'm new to trading and I'm curious what is a range bound market? Also, any suggestions on some good tools/software to use for the 3 duck system. At this point, I don't even have a PC setup and am starting from scratch.
Thanks for any help...
Luke

I'm new to trading and I'm curious what is a range bound market? Also, any suggestions on some good tools/software to use for the 3 duck system. At this point, I don't even have a PC setup and am starting from scratch.
Thanks for any help...
Luke

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex-strategies-systems/44398-range-bound-strategy.html

Range-Bound Trading

range trading

I find them difficult to trade actually still learning,
I dont know which markets are prone to trending and which ones are range bounding, thats the key I guess

Thanks for any help...
Luke

Metatrader from odl markets or FXpro. That should get you started.

If you look on Forex Factory someone has even built an indicator when
all 3 ducks have lined up

Ged

Do you have a link to the indicator on Forex Factory? I didn't find it in the search of the site. Thanks again. Also, any suggestions on a good broker that offers MT for free?

Do you have a link to the indicator on Forex Factory? I didn't find it in the search of the site. Thanks again. Also, any suggestions on a good broker that offers MT for free?

Heres the 3 Ducks as an indicator.

I only use it as u guide sometimes if im getting in the market and i see other things
I like to make sure im going in the direction of the ducks.

You'll have to search the net to get instructions on how to install it as i dont have
time as im posting while on the move.

I may do it when i get in about 8:30pm after work.

Ged

Attachments

• 3 Ducks E v01.mq4
    5.7 KB · Views: 263