Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

CC
so to make sure i understand your sytem - I know you say about USD Europre pairs, however i am looking at the GBPJPY now - 1355GMT and see that 2 ducks line up and on 3rd chart the line to cross will be 146,89 based on previous high candle....after this go long!
Is this correct...
Cheers
and thanks for sharing

Stu

Bonjour Stu,

Send me over a case of wine and then I will answer your question ;)

Andy

That's the spirit mon Capitaine :D

WineGoneBad.JPG

Bonjour Stu,

Send me over a case of wine and then I will answer your question ;)

Andy

Burgundy White or Red!!! :cheesy:

Been trialing the system...seems to fit in with my style, so hope it will work for me.
Currently live and long on the USDCHF from earlier...(y)

A plus....

Interseting read. Could you clarify something please. Do you only get into the trade when the price crosses the MA on the 10 min chart (providing the other 2 agree), or could you also enter if the price is already on the correct side of the MA, get close then heades off in the correct direction again. Reason I as is that I trade when I fininsh work 6.00pm UK - so sometimes have limited opertunities for actual intersections. Thanks in advance for your time to answer this.

I might be wrong, I think the 3 ducks strategy is more a set of guidelines than mechanical system. I've been testing it out using standard chart patterns, but only if they agree with 3 ducks. My results have been fairly mixed though.

I backtested entries using a pure MA crossover, and that showed that using a pure MA cross strategy does not work.

Back testing is good this will increase your knowledge plus it will also clear your doubts regarding the trades you take or you are going to take.

How is backtesting good for this? Do you have a tradestation script that works for this?

I backtested entries using a pure MA crossover, and that showed that using a pure MA cross strategy does not work.

3 ducks isn't an MA crossover. It relies on price action but uses MAs as a guide to direction with the idea that trading in the direction of the trend gives you more profit.

g evening

So how is the 3 Ducks system,
Does it work ok?

I am too tired to read 1000 posts
Can someone summarise it, please?
Work or not?
I am falling on my knees.

oh, get of my foot

The point is that I have been studying so hard that almost fainted and also had a dentist visit today, which put the nail to the coffin.
Think of me as final year student in finance (yes, finance , with hell of a job opportunities at the moment) with loads of essays, exams, and no job prospects.
Can you feel my pain?

Me too would like to have my Lexus Hybrid one day :(

Shadowninja why dont you be nice for once?
you never know , I may invent system one day and you could benefit as well.

member of the 95% failure club

The point is that I have been studying so hard that almost fainted and also had a dentist visit today, which put the nail to the coffin.
Think of me as final year student in finance (yes, finance , with hell of a job opportunities at the moment) with loads of essays, exams, and no job prospects.
Can you feel my pain?

Me too would like to have my Lexus Hybrid one day :(

you never know , I may invent system one day and you could benefit as well.

The only pain you have is the pain in your **** which prevents you getting up and making an effort to learn anything. :rolleyes:

Well, if it's a good degree from a good university you have nothing to worry about.

Anyway, I am currently under the impression that 3 ducks is a good trend indicator but isn't too good for being used stand alone as is,the basics of a great system are there but you need to adapt it yourself to your personal taste to use it really.

I don't use it though, it's just vaguely what I remember, if you can't be bothered to read the thread for yourself, I'm not going bother reading it for you.

Yes, I am a memebr of 95% loosers club

Well, if it's a good degree from a good university you have nothing to worry about.

Anyway, I am currently under the impression that 3 ducks is a good trend indicator but isn't too good for being used stand alone as is,the basics of a great system are there but you need to adapt it yourself to your personal taste to use it really.

I don't use it though, it's just vaguely what I remember, if you can't be bothered to read the thread for yourself, I'm not going bother reading it for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you guys wont be even able too imagine what I have been going through
no, my university isint top tier, that is why I have probably managed to excel there. Still it wont give me a job in current conditions(I didnt have a chance to go to better uni),
4hr.gif

1hr.gif

5min.gif

Is this how 3 Ducks llo alike?
What indicator you think I could use with that ? CCI

By the way, whenever I run into system here in T2W forum, people seem to have opinion about it while not really using the system.
What systems do you guys use then????

I am tired of this.
just help a bit

3 ducks only tells you which direction you should be betting in.

It does not provide entries or exits, though the author does make suggestions on entry and exit criteria.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you guys wont be even able too imagine what I have been going through
no, my university isint top tier, that is why I have probably managed to excel there. Still it wont give me a job in current conditions(I didnt have a chance to go to better uni),
View attachment 49624

View attachment 49626

View attachment 49628

Is this how 3 Ducks llo alike?
What indicator you think I could use with that ? CCI

By the way, whenever I run into system here in T2W forum, people seem to have opinion about it while not really using the system.
What systems do you guys use then????

I am tired of this.
just help a bit

I wasn't being nasty. It's like anything. You don't put the time in, you won't get the best from it. We've all gone through it or are going through it. You need to read everything you can about a system, then try it and then understand why it works or doesn't work.

As for CCI, try it. Captain Currency doesn't mention it, though...

I wasn't being nasty. It's like anything. You don't put the time in, you won't get the best from it. We've all gone through it or are going through it. You need to read everything you can about a system, then try it and then understand why it works or doesn't work.

As for CCI, try it. Captain Currency doesn't mention it, though...

I do get it
I have just asked you for an opinion before I ll put my head into it,
This could have saved me tonns of time and put me in the right track,
Its difficult to keep on the right track when you dont go seminars or work as a trader.

I can see the benefits of £3 Ducs already, but I am sure you need smth to weed out the signals.

I am on th epage 36 now, looking for some support but all I get is resistance

Try it. I'm sure you've heard of the old adage of teaching 100 people a profitable system and only 2 actually being profitable... I mean, look at that trading programme that was on the other day. Only 3 out of 10+ were profitable and they all attended the same training course. As I've said, you need to put in the time. Open a demo account if you daren't trade real money.