Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

It is a trend following system that indicates the direction you should be trading. It is very worthwhile to read the whole blog as there are bits of trading wisdom and ideas posted throughout.

finished

read it all through - 1 mln posts
crazy stuff
still dunno when to enter, exit, put stop loss, take profit, etc

soemtimes he says stop loss 10, sometimes 20-30, other day 30-50.

3 ducks only tells you which direction you should be betting in.

It does not provide entries or exits, though the author does make suggestions on entry and exit criteria.

I check 3 ducks to see what it is doing. It's too cumbersome for me, though. I suggest that you consult it and, then, shorten your averages and use more than one, bearing in mind the trend that 3 ducks gives.

Split

So how is the 3 Ducks system,
Does it work ok?

I am too tired to read 1000 posts
Can someone summarise it, please?
Work or not?
I am falling on my knees.

With this kind of attitude you've got 2 "hopes" of succeeding, "bob hope" and "no hope". :smart:

blancspa, here's a clue and it's all the help you're gonna get 'til you put some graft in yourself:

looking just at Gbp/Jpy in the last couple of days
on D/240/60 price has moved from it's 3 ducks trigger at 134.57 to 141.53
on 240/60/15 price has moved from it's 3 ducks trigger at 137.52 to 141.53

so does it "work or not" ? - well, if you're too "tired" and if the demands of your academic studies are too great, you may have missed these signals, in which case it wouldn't have worked for you.
or you could always grow a pair and get off yer arsse

hope is the mother of the poor

With this kind of attitude you've got 2 "hopes" of succeeding, "bob hope" and "no hope". :smart:

Can you tell me what strategy do you use with 3 Duck`s system?
The tip Rats cool exile on Gbp/Jpy mentioned worked with CCI well, I got like 350 on a quick scalp, and waiting to re enter, what indicator or market knowledge do you use?

Please forgive my arrogance

good one

I took this photo at our last party

CC is the one wearing the white hat on the left
great_depression_slideshow_a_626x260.jpg

Split you re the one in front - hoping

Can you tell me what strategy do you use with 3 Duck`s system?
The tip Rats cool exile on Gbp/Jpy mentioned worked with CCI well, I got like 350 on a quick scalp, and waiting to re enter, what indicator or market knowledge do you use?

Please forgive my arrogance

Why don't you test out some strategies yourself? Stop looking for continual tips, a sure sign someone won't make it IMHO.

Thanks for the idea Captan! I have a question:

Hello Traders,

Just thought I would share The 3 Duck's Trading System with you.

Thanks for the idea Captain. I have a question:
Let's say that the current price is above the 4 hour, the 1 hour, and the 5 minute.
Then the 1 hour breaks down thru the 60 sma.
Then the 5 minute breaks down thru the 60 sma.
According to your system you would short.
My question is: can this trade be repeated?
What I mean is if the 5 minute goes up over the 60 sma, and then goes down thru the 60 sma (for the second time), can you short for a second time? Or can you only make this trade the first time the 5 minute drops below the 60 sma?

Thank You Very Much,

MrSoul

* Can you please respond to my personal email: [email protected]

Thanks Again- Best of Luck!

Let's say that the current price is above the 4 hour, the 1 hour, and the 5 minute.
Then the 1 hour breaks down thru the 60 sma.
Then the 5 minute breaks down thru the 60 sma.
According to your system you would short.

why would you go short if only the 60 min and 5 min PA had broken below the sma ?
I thought the name "3 ducks" would give the clue that PA on all 3 timeframes must match up, ie you have to wait until the 4 hour chart also catches up.

But to answer your main question in the absence of the Captain, yes of course you should take multiple repeat trades if opportunity presents itself - as long as the 3 ducks line up.
So, assuming that both 240 7 60 min are below the sma, I would take every trade where the 5 crosses it's sma

why would you go short if only the 60 min and 5 min PA had broken below the sma ?
I thought the name "3 ducks" would give the clue that PA on all 3 timeframes must match up, ie you have to wait until the 4 hour chart also catches up.

But to answer your main question in the absence of the Captain, yes of course you should take multiple repeat trades if opportunity presents itself - as long as the 3 ducks line up.
So, assuming that both 240 7 60 min are below the sma, I would take every trade where the 5 crosses it's sma

I wonder, if one should go short! To my understanding you would place a stop order 1 tick beyond the last resistance to enter the market only then. The crossing of the sma is the signal - but not the trigger!

If I misunderstood this, please correct me.

Regards

Hittfeld

Thanks for the idea Captain. Your Welcome
I have a question: OK
Let's say that the current price is above the 4 hour, the 1 hour, and the 5 minute. Yeah
Then the 1 hour breaks down thru the 60 sma. Yeah
Then the 5 minute breaks down thru the 60 sma. 5 min would have prob crossed the sma before the 1 hr did, but anyway go ahead
According to your system you would short. Not unless the 4hr was also below its sma and I fancied a punt short.
What I mean is if the 5 minute goes up over the 60 sma, and then goes down thru the 60 sma (for the second time), can you short for a second time? Or can you only make this trade the first time the 5 minute drops below the 60 sma? If all your Ducks are lined up and your in a trending market and all else seems ok in the world then yes, you may need to take a "few shots" at a trade, Just because all your Duck are lined up and you get a "signal" doesn't mean the trade is bulletproof.

Thank You Very Much, No Probs

MrSoul

* Can you please respond to my personal email: [email protected] Ile respond here, someone else may of had a similar question to your own and this will save me retelling the story again

Thanks Again- Best of Luck!

Thanks Rath for helping him (y)

Andy.

Thanks Rath for helping him (y)

Andy.

This strategy is one the best and simplest startegy to trade in the flow of trend, together with sound price action setups it gives a very high probability of winning, and risk reward in many cases are unbelievably good.. what else do we need. well done CC. Thanks for sharing this startegy. (y)