Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

Hi Captain,

Do you have accurate history results for how your system has performed since you started trading it? Oh and thanks so much for sharing :)

I always wondered that myself ? Logic says it can't be that brilliant if he needs to suppliment his income by giving training courses :rolleyes:

But then I am a sceptic :LOL:

I always wondered that myself ? Logic says it can't be that brilliant if he needs to suppliment his income by giving training courses :rolleyes:

In that case booger off and find your own approach:D
Or experiment by following his free method in the e book and make your own mind up.
But you will learn nothing by comments based on opinion. What do you want? Do you want people to say what a fantastic method it is - if so. it still wont progress your career. Have you even read the previous postings?
You have to get your feet wet and practice rather than waste time day dreaming and waiting for Godot:LOL:

What do you want?

Would quite like it if people could just be honest about the performance of their trading system, rather than just say "I can't give figures because I use other methods in my trading" see I have read the previous posts.... :cheesy:

I have figured out my own way and am happy to tell you I have made an average of 2% per day on my capital over the last month. I can't really see why someone who is promoting a trading system so aggressively, can't do the same ?

I'm sure iv'e heard CC mention that the 3 ducks method is really a set of guidelines to work along side your own way of trading, maybe u shud actually put in the screen time and try it yourself maybe on a demo account first.

Hey Booger

There are three catagories of traders.
1/ traders whose account is getting larger
2/ traders whose account is getting smaller
3/ traders who are still on demo

I won't ask you which catagory you are in, but my guess is not catagory one.

If you were in catagory one, you would understand that there is no magic formula and there is no fool proof system.
3 ducks is very, very simple, but you still need to invest in screen time.

As someone else has stated, it is a set of guidelines.

I really like simplicity. I did take the one on one training with Andy (Captain Currency)
He charges a bit of money, not a lot. However he charges enough to weed out the tire kickers.

I took the training a few years ago.
(I then strayed into all sorts of other methods, but then I came back to the 3 ducks)

I still use the 3 ducks method, along with my own knowledge of price action and my own knowledge of when to get in and when to get out.

If you gave the 3 ducks systems to 100 traders, 95% would find a way to make it into a losing system, and 5% would find a way to make it work for them.

You just need to decide which % you want to be in.

Good luck

PGPB

Captain Currency says

I Hope This Helps You.

Here Is My Current View On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Trading System.

September 15th 2011 at approx 7am Dublin Time​

Eur.Usd – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold below the 1.3592 area is needed first :)

Gbp.Usd – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Eur.Gbp – Euro and Pound are currently about the same strength so not a currency pair I would be looking to trade at the moment :confused:

Usd.Chf – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold above the 0.8820 area is needed first :D

Aud.Usd – Bears are in control and I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up ;)

Usd.Cad – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up ;)

Usd.Jpy – In a bit of a sideways range at the moment between 77.87 at the top and 75.94 at the bottom so not a currency pair I would be looking to trade at the moment :whistling

Eur.Jpy – Same as last week; I would be looking for the selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Hope that helps you, Keep it Simple, Keep it Logical, Keep Control, Keep Focus!

Best wishes with your trading,
Andy

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Duck’s Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas.

Re: Captain Currency says

I Hope This Helps You.

Here Is My Current View On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Trading System.

September 15th 2011 at approx 7am Dublin Time​

Eur.Usd – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold below the 1.3592 area is needed first :)

Gbp.Usd – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Eur.Gbp – Euro and Pound are currently about the same strength so not a currency pair I would be looking to trade at the moment :confused:

Usd.Chf – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold above the 0.8820 area is needed first :D

Aud.Usd – Bears are in control and I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up ;)

Usd.Cad – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up ;)

Usd.Jpy – In a bit of a sideways range at the moment between 77.87 at the top and 75.94 at the bottom so not a currency pair I would be looking to trade at the moment :whistling

Eur.Jpy – Same as last week; I would be looking for the selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Andy

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Duck’s Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas.

Hi Andy

I sold GBP/USD this morning at 06:39 (BST) for 1.57519 (previous 5min low including slippage) when all Ducks were lined up after price had just gone below 5minSMA60. I got stopped out at 1.58019 (50 pips stop).
Have I followed the rules correctly? Is this just one of the losing trades?

Kind Regards,

Tobias

Tobias,
This is where the "in addition to your own market analysis" comes in. Most /usd pairs were ready to do a retrace this week, as they have moved down over 900 pips, and needed to correct themselves. Only time in the charts would have alerted you to this fact. And yes, this is one of the losses you are likely to suffer, as a trend change on the 5m and 1h occurs.
The Eur/Aud pair would have been a great long trade, as it has given up almost 200 pips in the last 36hrs.

Hi Andy

I sold GBP/USD this morning at 06:39 (BST) for 1.57519 (previous 5min low including slippage) when all Ducks were lined up after price had just gone below 5minSMA60. I got stopped out at 1.58019 (50 pips stop).
Have I followed the rules correctly? Is this just one of the losing trades?

Kind Regards,

Tobias

Tobias,
This is where the "in addition to your own market analysis" comes in. Most /usd pairs were ready to do a retrace this week, as they have moved down over 900 pips, and needed to correct themselves. Only time in the charts would have alerted you to this fact. And yes, this is one of the losses you are likely to suffer, as a trend change on the 5m and 1h occurs.

Dear forexkunta,

thank you very much for the quick reply. I understand what you are saying. I mainly asked because CC gave the recommendation to sell this pair when the 3 ducks line up this morning. It was just paper money anyway.

Thanks again.

I'd call the 3 ducks more of an indicator than an actual system

Would quite like it if people could just be honest about the performance of their trading system, rather than just say "I can't give figures because I use other methods in my trading" see I have read the previous posts.... :cheesy:

I have figured out my own way and am happy to tell you I have made an average of 2% per day on my capital over the last month. I can't really see why someone who is promoting a trading system so aggressively, can't do the same ?

Captain Currency says

I Hope This Helps You.

September 21st 2011 at approx 8:30am Dublin Time

Eur.Usd – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold below the 1.3658 area is needed first :)

Gbp.Usd – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :D

Eur.Gbp – Euro and Pound are currently about the same strength so not a currency pair I would be looking to trade at the moment :|

Aud.Usd – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold below the 1.0232 area is needed first :)

Usd.Cad – A little bit risky at the moment so not a currency pair I would be looking to trade for the moment :devilish:

Usd.Jpy – A few bearish days since last week so I would be looking for the selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Eur.Jpy – Same as last week; I would be looking for the selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :D

Andy

Andy, somebody just summarised your system. Do you want us to smite them for you?

AngieRey. Good summary. If you can execute and manage your trades as simply as you summarise this method, you'll do rather well. Good luck.

Andy, somebody just summarised your system. Do you want us to smite them for you?

AngieRey. Good summary. If you can execute and manage your trades as simply as you summarise this method, you'll do rather well. Good luck.

Yes it is a good summary, seeing as though it is Andy's summary. AR is copying and pasting other peoples work elsewhere on this forum. Heaven knows why! Perhaps AR would like to enlighten us. :confused:

Step 1. The first thing we need to do is look at our largest time-frame (4hr chart) and see if current prices are above or below the 60 sma. From this chart we can see that current price is below the 60 sma. This tells us that we maybe looking to sell.

Step 2. The second thing we need to do is drop down to our 1hr chart. We need to see the current price below the 60 sma on this chart also, this gives us confirmation.
Important: If the current price was to be above the 60 sma on this chart we could not move on to step 3.

Step 3. From step 1 and 2, current prices need to be below their 60 sma’s on each chart. We are now on the 5 min chart and we are looking to sell when price crosses below the 60 sma. For extra confirmation we should let prices break the last low on the 5 min chart. This would mean that prices will be below their 60 sma on all 3 time-frames, therefore all 3 Ducks are lined up in the same direction.

Stop-Losses: This is where you can make this system your own. If you are a short term trader you may want to put your stop-loss above the highs on the 5 min or the 1 hr chart. If you are more of a positional trader you may wish to put your stop-loss above a high on the 4 hr chart. You could also use a fixed stop-loss, maybe 25-30 pips or more from entry. It all depends what type of a trader you are, so you decide! If you are a longer term trader or investor, this system can help you get a good entry point into the market. Another “trick” that may help you preserve capital, If you do sell and prices get back above the 5 min 60 sma by 10 pips (not a good sign) you may want to cut your losses short before your stop-loss. But if you are a longer term trader this may not be a big deal for you.

Targets: Same again, depends what type of a trader you are but target can be support or resistance levels.

Summary: The above example was carried out when the gbp/usd was trading lower so obviously we where selling – the system works just as well for buying opportunities, just look for prices to be above the 60 sma on all 3 time-frames, starting with step 1 again. I like this system a lot as it does not try to out-guess the markets movements and pick tops and bottoms. The system will quickly tell you to be a buyer or a seller. Its a good honest system that tries to follow prices. This system works better on currency pairs such as the Eur/Usd and Gbp/Usd, but there is nothing stopping you from plotting this system on any pair, but as we know some pairs act differently to others. The best time I found for trading this system is the European and US sessions. I lke to use this system as a guide in addition to my own market knowledge. Take care to watch what is going on around you – economic new releases, holidays etc.

fantastic summary.....what shall we call your system ? :whistling

N

Captain Currency says

I Hope This Helps You.

September 28th 2011 at approx 12pm Dublin Time

Eur.Usd
– I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold below the 1.3480 area is needed first :)

Gbp.Usd – Bullish for the last 4 day but I would prefer to be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold below the 1.5525 area is needed first :)

Eur.Gbp – Euro and Pound are currently about the same strength so not a currency pair I would be looking to trade at the moment (n)

Usd.Chf – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold above the 0.9065 area is needed first. A break and hold below the 0.8880 area would get me neutral on this pair :sneaky:

Aud.Usd – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold below the 0.9835 area is needed first :cool:

Usd.Cad – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Usd.Jpy – Same as last week, I would be looking for the selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Eur.Jpy – I would be looking for the selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold below the 103.00 area is needed first. A break and hold above the 105.40 area would get me neutral on this pair :D

Andy

Hi Traders

I'm going to be looking at the GBP.USD sell on Monday. 1.5525

I wouldn't be surprised to see a gap down at the Asia open however.

It's probably not a text book 3D trade as the SMA isn't sloping as nicely as it could be; nevertheless I think the momentum is with the USD.

Let's see what happens.

Good trading.

Nigel

Attachments

• GBP.USD.jpg
    GBP.USD.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 157
Hi Traders,

Fortunately I wasn't awake for this one but if I was I would have taken a hit. It triggered during the night and got about 30 pips up and then reversed. Then the Manufacturing PMI sent price a bit crazy. The opportunity seems over for now. 1.5500 would need to be broken to persuade me to think about getting in short.

I attached a 5min chart.

Good trading

Nigel

Attachments

• GBPUSD5.jpg
    GBPUSD5.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 159