Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

Any chance some body could give me a link to the ebook?
Captain currency aint responded to my email from last wek.

Thanks

Hey,lbranjord ;

In your system, have you changed the 5-minute rule to 15 minutes, or is that a typo?

I gotta bump the 3 ducks system one more time.

I have coded this system and run in on GBP/USD exclusively. It also works on EUR/USD. I will note that no other pairs compare to those two.

Anyone should be able to draw up a plan and get this one working to their advantage. Captain Currency!

Good for you...., now those of us who doesnt know how to code a program but still use the three ducks, we have no other way to do it unless operate it manually :rolleyes:

Good for you...., now those of us who doesnt know how to code a program but still use the three ducks, we have no other way to do it unless operate it manually :rolleyes:

But take heart, that it really works and is not another trader's fallacy :)

But take heart, that it really works and is not another trader's fallacy :)

OF COURSE IT WORKS! :cheesy:
I HAVE TRIED A LOT OF SYSTEMS FOR A WHILE, MOST OF THEM HAVE FAILURES THAT AT A TIME SHOW UP MAKING A MESS AT YOUR ACCOUNT, THESE SYSTEMS HAS SO MANY ADVANTAGES THAT IS HARD FOR IT TO FAIL, ONE CAN THE SYSTEM NOT. FOR ANYONE WITH ENOUGH DISCIPLINE TO FOLLOW THE BASIC RULES IT WILL WORK PRETTY GOOD INTO THE SHORT, MID AND LONG THERM.

Right, but everyone claims all these noob systems work and that you just have to 'follow the rules and stick to the plan and yada-yada'. Problem lies in the fact that most of them DON'T WORK and it's not the trader's fault, although they blame themselves and think they are not good at trading. (that may be true, but a more accurate comment would be that they are not good at thinking for themselves).

I can't get over how many systems out there are simply a failure. The reason your mind tells you to break the rules is not always because of emotion, it's because of logic. The right-brain said "Yo man, this sh** doesn't work"

I always felt like the ducks were trustworthy but after seeing so many systems fail, I had to test it out and see if it were true overall. Very Proud of Captain Currency for being one of the 'real' resources for people.

I agree with you. When i am talikng about the basic rules i mean the basic trading rules and a basic set of rules that makes your trading activity more comfortable and suitable for each of us, that is personal, but the general basic rules such as "dont over invest", bla, bla, bla are there for a reason and it is better to follow them.
I apply logic in my activity and that has saved me, many times, to get into a position of which it would be hard to get out, anyway the system - for anyone well trained - will always show a way out of a difficult position when we are in, i just recomend people who really know how to interpret that information and who has some experince to reinforce the graph interpretation - for the three ducks - with some oscillators. Personally i dont like oscillators but the information i can get from them, together with the MA's at the graphics i am working at can give me a powerfull skill to decide if its time to get in or not into a position. it can be profitable for anyone.

Yep, good exlpanation. In the beginning I just believed everything that was thrown at me. "If i stick to the rules, this works, because this guy says so." I didn't realize how often people that appeared intelligent were wrong!

Now, with automation I'm able to see the long term effects of things, that's been an important step for me. I'd recommend anyone take the time to learn some amount of coding if they want to trade. If nothing else, just to run tests.

Hey,lbranjord ;

In your system, have you changed the 5-minute rule to 15 minutes, or is that a typo?

No, 15mn closing over the line is my confirmation tool. I follow the system otherwise. I'm not trying to change the rules though! I don't think anyone should. But entry and exit are up to the individual. My way has proven it's excellence to me so I stayed with it.

the fact that it can be done is a great credit to the system. I've tried to code all the most stable systems I'm aware of and I must say, only 1 out of 5 bring in stable profit. But also, EA's have no discretion, so not all will work in this manner.

Any hints which are the other stable ones?

Thanks

Hittfeld

No, 15mn closing over the line is my confirmation tool. I follow the system otherwise. I'm not trying to change the rules though! I don't think anyone should. But entry and exit are up to the individual. My way has proven it's excellence to me so I stayed with it.

There's a mention on Forex Factory about some guy who trades with the 4HR, 60MIN and 15Min with a 60 SMA on all 3 charts which i read a while back which is similar
to CC's 3 ducks apart from he adds the CCI indicator. Doesnt really matter who was first to pass on the knowledge but im grateful to guys that do like CC as if you sit and think about it your trading with the trend which Elder also uses in his trading system.

Use this with your pinbars, inside bars and double tops and bottoms and throw in your breakouts and you make a nice little system along with some familiar chart patterns.

I think this system cant be purely mechanical as you need a little discretion with sound money management and hard stops so you can trade another day. On the other hand this sytem always shows some good trades on all instruments.

Would be good if somebody could code when the 4HR and 1 Hr drop below the 60min SMA on all instruments say on MT4 so you can watch the charts on the lower TF (15min or 5 mins)to get your entry right instead of flicking through the charts and losing concentration and you can then plot the S and R and the patterns forming. (Vice versa for long trades).

Ged :)

Any hints which are the other stable ones?

Thanks

Hittfeld

Anything utilizing Multiple Time Frames is imperative. Most winners look similar to the ducks and follow trend in a sensible way.

Other than that, range/reversal systems also work. Think about it, the market trends 20% of the time, so why try to thread the needle? Trade the range and you'll have your peak market conditions 80% of the time.

There's a mention on Forex Factory about some guy who trades with the 4HR, 60MIN and 15Min with a 60 SMA on all 3 charts which i read a while back which is similar
to CC's 3 ducks apart from he adds the CCI indicator. Doesnt really matter who was first to pass on the knowledge but im grateful to guys that do like CC as if you sit and think about it your trading with the trend which Elder also uses in his trading system.

Use this with your pinbars, inside bars and double tops and bottoms and throw in your breakouts and you make a nice little system along with some familiar chart patterns.

I think this system cant be purely mechanical as you need a little discretion with sound money management and hard stops so you can trade another day. On the other hand this sytem always shows some good trades on all instruments.

Would be good if somebody could code when the 4HR and 1 Hr drop below the 60min SMA on all instruments say on MT4 so you can watch the charts on the lower TF (15min or 5 mins)to get your entry right instead of flicking through the charts and losing concentration and you can then plot the S and R and the patterns forming. (Vice versa for long trades).

Ged :)

There's one somewhere on Forex factory, just has three arrows with labels. search their forum for 3 ducks.mql

Anything utilizing Multiple Time Frames is imperative. Most winners look similar to the ducks and follow trend in a sensible way.

Other than that, range/reversal systems also work. Think about it, the market trends 20% of the time, so why try to thread the needle? Trade the range and you'll have your peak market conditions 80% of the time.

Thanks for your kind reply.

Hittfeld

There's one somewhere on Forex factory, just has three arrows with labels. search their forum for 3 ducks.mql

Yes i think i have that one. I meant an audible alert or pop up if the 4HR and
1hr drop below or go above so you only have to monitor the instruments highly
likely to confirm on the lower timeframe. (y)

Greetings all,

Yes Mrc C had our second daughter last Friday so I'm a bit behind answering emails for the 3 duck ebook. Fear not your 3 duck ebook with be with you soon and anybody else who wants a copy of the 3 ducks ebook can send me an email at : [email protected] Subject: ebook

Potential Trade Set-Up In The Coming Sessions
Anyways, just had a quick glance at the market earlier and one currency pair that I wouldn't mind getting involved with when/if my ducks line up would be Eur.Aud

Currently on Eur.Aud
240min chart; current price is below sma
60min chart; current price is below sma
5min; current price is above the sma

I will be looking for selling oppertunities using the 3 ducks If we do get back below the 5min sma and start getting some momentum in a downward direction. I would love to see a break of 1.4300 as this could open up the way for the 1.4000/1.3900 area.

Best wishes,
Andy.

Trade Safely, This is not a trade recommendation. Use a stop loss and profit target that you think works best for you.

Attachments

• eur.aud 5.8.10.jpg
    eur.aud 5.8.10.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 142