Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

Thank you so much Captain for sharing your system. (y) Been looking at it for a few days now and had a few successful forex trades. Thought I'd give it a go on the Dow last night and it has come good again.

I don't normally like to leave trades on overnight but there was a sharp fall just before the close last night so I felt more comfortable that the stop wouldn't get hit so left it alone. Come back this morning and partially closed the short for 268 points with the remainder still running - all this for just 31 points risk.

Anyone else got examples using the 3 ducks on markets other than forex? I'm looking at gold next as that trends well and is a currency in some ways.

Attachments

• 20100524 Dow 3 ducks.GIF
    20100524 Dow 3 ducks.GIF
    98.9 KB · Views: 157
Hi guys and gals - thinking of trading this in the early cable market between 8 and 10 am - would anyone like to start up a Skype session so fellow duck hunters can trade alongside each other and learn as we go. Willing to be the first in Skype - add me using skype id mitchpendry

Mitchp

Thank you so much Captain for sharing your system. (y) Been looking at it for a few days now and had a few successful forex trades. Thought I'd give it a go on the Dow last night and it has come good again.

I don't normally like to leave trades on overnight but there was a sharp fall just before the close last night so I felt more comfortable that the stop wouldn't get hit so left it alone. Come back this morning and partially closed the short for 268 points with the remainder still running - all this for just 31 points risk.

Anyone else got examples using the 3 ducks on markets other than forex? I'm looking at gold next as that trends well and is a currency in some ways.

I think it might work well on Nymex, which can trend all day and offer some big moes.

ST

Hmmmm, any answers to this question?

CC,
I would like a little clarification on exceeding the last low or last high on the 5M chart for entry. Is that the last low or high, or the last significant low or high? There are a number of ways to interpret this.
Thanks,
Kent

Hmmmm, any answers to this question?

Me personally i'd say the breakout of the significant low.

As CC says everyone puts their own discretion into it
as you know you are trading with the trend so you
know you have your trade direction correct.

Ged

Me personally i'd say the breakout of the significant low.

As CC says everyone puts their own discretion into it
as you know you are trading with the trend so you
know you have your trade direction correct.

Ged

I look for the significant low as well.

But If there is enough space between the significant low and recent low, I may take it on the recent low, looking for price to go retest that significant low and exit trade in that area

177 pages...done!

That was hard work, but very useful to anyone thinking of trading the 3 ducks like myself.

I too have the problem of a dreaded job slap bang in the middle of the good trading hours. I have however been paper trading this for the last month still. Getting up at half 6 and trading till 8. I know it's not enough and is going to take a he'll of a lot longer to learn, but it's a start.

My main problem is money management and position/lot size etc. The system is the easy it and just needs practice. If anyone has any information on this or good links/spreadsheets it would be very much appreciated.

Oh, and if anyones wondering how my paper tradings going, Ive gone from losing on every trade to now not actually making a trade because I'm missing the correct set ups due to no longer just jumping in to late. So logic would say that the next step will be making the correct trades and winning?! He hopes ;)

177 pages...done!

That was hard work, but very useful to anyone thinking of trading the 3 ducks like myself.

I too have the problem of a dreaded job slap bang in the middle of the good trading hours. I have however been paper trading this for the last month still. Getting up at half 6 and trading till 8. I know it's not enough and is going to take a he'll of a lot longer to learn, but it's a start.

My main problem is money management and position/lot size etc. The system is the easy it and just needs practice. If anyone has any information on this or good links/spreadsheets it would be very much appreciated.

Oh, and if anyones wondering how my paper tradings going, Ive gone from losing on every trade to now not actually making a trade because I'm missing the correct set ups due to no longer just jumping in to late. So logic would say that the next step will be making the correct trades and winning?! He hopes ;)

You don't need to hope :) I know from experience that is the next step. Here is how it went for me:

Backtesting and losing
Backtesting and breaking even
Backtesting and winning
Backtesting and dominating!

Live trading and losing- took 2 months (What the heck? I thought my backtests were all good?)
Live trading and getting back to even finally - took 2 months (Maybe now I'm getting it...)
Live trading and making profit - around 2 or 3 months (Finally, I'm there.)
Live trading and losing that profit so I go back to even (oops, no I wasn't)
Live trading and making profit (I know better than to gloat at this time.)
Live trading and keeping profit. (I'm not making those dumb mistakes again)

It's a long road, but expect the bumps and they won't hit you as hard. Good luck!

You don't need to hope :) I know from experience that is the next step. Here is how it went for me:

Backtesting and losing
Backtesting and breaking even
Backtesting and winning
Backtesting and dominating!

Live trading and losing- took 2 months (What the heck? I thought my backtests were all good?)
Live trading and getting back to even finally - took 2 months (Maybe now I'm getting it...)
Live trading and making profit - around 2 or 3 months (Finally, I'm there.)
Live trading and losing that profit so I go back to even (oops, no I wasn't)
Live trading and making profit (I know better than to gloat at this time.)
Live trading and keeping profit. (I'm not making those dumb mistakes again)

It's a long road, but expect the bumps and they won't hit you as hard. Good luck!

nice job.!!

Well at least ive skipped the backtesting bit so thats a start! Only forward testing.

I dont know if im making it hard for myself but im watching 7 pairs. Now, before everyone jumps overboard, my reasoning for this is i figured, i only have an hour to trade in the morning so to give myself the best opportunity of making a trade i need to see more pairs. Or is this not recomended?

The problem im finding is im missing some trades because im looking at another pair. Like this morning ive just missed the USDJPY sink into oblivion and now im annoyed becasue i should have been on top of that!

The 3 Ducks is a great little system - The 1 on 1 is well worth a bash too - There is a review over at www.systemsfortraders.com under Trading systems - Its more of a Set & Forget once a day system than a screen watching process. Good luck with 3 Ducks whichever route you choose - technically sound system.

W