Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

Well after reading this thread (obviously not the entire thing) I have send the captain an email and Im looking forward to recieving the ebook.

I am kind of jumping the gun a bit here having not recieved the ebook yet but would you guys say you can trade consistenly successfully with this method?

It says on the site that captain currency trade full time for a living buy it would be interested to know if this is the only trading method he uses? This may have been mentioned previously in this thread but I have only read about 30-40 pages on this 170 page thread! :D

Looking forward to the ebook!

If he does or not its something that only he can answer but i can tell you there are many methods you can follow, the basic rule still being the same at any method, be consistent, stick to the rules and beat your own emotions.
I use the three ducks with a lot of modifications i have made to it and when i dont controll my emotions i win less than i can. I also use other methods.
Among the three ducks and other methods i follow i am making 200 - 300 pips each day.

Purepest - You may wish to try the 3 ducks one on one - more once a day set and forget than original method and also London Forex Open is useful - There are what seem to be decent reviews for both over at Systems for traders (www.systemsfortraders.com).

Good luck !

W

Hi Guys,

Got the 3 Ducks eBook the other day and thought it was a really nice setup. Take longer term Market action over the last few days with intraday market action over the last few hours and then use short term price action to get an entry, always going to be trading with the trend so your ducks are swimming with the tied rather than against it. I’ve read similar methods to this using indicators, saw an example using stochastics. You can use two time frames so lets say an 1Hr and a 15Min if the 1Hr stochastics are bullish then you are only looking for longs, once the 15Min crosses bullish you can then look for an entry on 3-5 min chart and obviously this works vice versa. It’s not enough to be an entry signal in its self but will certainly add an extra confirmation to your trades. Just thought it might of been of interest. Nice setup Capitan and thanks for the book.

Pozzy :)

Purepest

I did the 1-1 training with Andy, and found it very useful. He shows how to trade using his method, without being at you PC all day. I'm sure he can accomodate people outwith normal working hours, so it may be worth dropping him a line.

M

If he does or not its something that only he can answer but i can tell you there are many methods you can follow, the basic rule still being the same at any method, be consistent, stick to the rules and beat your own emotions.
I use the three ducks with a lot of modifications i have made to it and when i dont controll my emotions i win less than i can. I also use other methods.
Among the three ducks and other methods i follow i am making 200 - 300 pips each day.

Teach me!! :D

I hope I get to the level you are at one day!

Purepest

I did the 1-1 training with Andy, and found it very useful. He shows how to trade using his method, without being at you PC all day. I'm sure he can accomodate people outwith normal working hours, so it may be worth dropping him a line.

M

Cheers, I will drop him a line

CC,
I would like a little clarification on exceeding the last low or last high on the 5M chart for entry. Is that the last low or high, or the last significant low or high? There are a number of ways to interpret this.
Thanks,
Kent

What time do you leave for work?
If you could put your trades on at around 8.30 with stops and possibly take profits set it could work for you.
It works best between the London/New york sessions so if you can't fit around that then it's probably no good for you.
I work early mornings so usually end up looking for trades after noon,though today as an experiment I put them on before leaving for work (about 5.30 am) and it worked out great.

At trading business you are always aware of the different market´s hours and you always know which pairs works better at determined markets, so forget the hour, if you are chasing a trend - at least in my case - i dont care if i have to work overnigth or be with an eye closed and the other at the chart.
You fit your time to the trading sessions.

CC,
I would like a little clarification on exceeding the last low or last high on the 5M chart for entry. Is that the last low or high, or the last significant low or high? There are a number of ways to interpret this.
Thanks,
Kent

I guess what these guy meant was that to take the best enter you always go to the chart bellow trying to get the best entry point.
As you said there are many ways to interpret these.

Question for experienced duck hunters.........

How many pairs are you monitoring simultaneously..?

Thanks.

In fact i follow 8, but eliminating highly correlated pairs 4

I think 2 will be about I can handle at first.... and I may eliminate one as soon as the market moves. lolol I would rather get some pips than get confused to start with.

I think 2 will be about I can handle at first.... and I may eliminate one as soon as the market moves. lolol I would rather get some pips than get confused to start with.

When you dont have too much experience i recommend to follow just one and as your experience grows then you will find easy for you to follow other pairs, i could recommend you EUR/USD, is a good pair to trade with, and most important cheap.

Avoid by now USD/CAD, these about money not nationalism

When you dont have too much experience i recommend to follow just one and as your experience grows then you will find easy for you to follow other pairs, i could recommend you EUR/USD, is a good pair to trade with, and most important cheap.

Probably great advice, I was going to try GBPJPY as the second pair, perhaps best to forget it until I catch on.

Thanks

Probably great advice, I was going to try GBPJPY as the second pair, perhaps best to forget it until I catch on.

Thanks

Yes, be wise not trying to be smart.
Learn at the safest possible way, so follow just one pair and when you can manage it at a consistently profitable way then open your horizons to a second pair and only grow as long as your experience does.

Hopefully as the week passes, someone will post some EurUsd entries and comments.

From what I am seeing.... discipline is the key to this approach. waiting for the right set up. The definition of the setup seems to be quite simple.

Yeah, some guys do and most of them will give you successful trades, not everyone.
Let me ask you these, do you have a trading personal plan and method?