Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

Made my day. :)

Attachments

• euddd22.gif
    euddd22.gif
    46.2 KB · Views: 154
Morning

Gotta be quick here (work); am short EUR / USD as per attached.

I see the GBP / USD is doing well this morning. EUR / USD seems to have got in a rut.

Thought I saw some indecision on the short up trend underneath the sma on the 4hr, thinking the down trend may resume.

Will review again later.

Nigel P

Attachments

• EURUSD.jpg
    EURUSD.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 140
Still watching the 90.5 - 90.7 mark on the USD /JPY too.

If I am annoying regular posters on this thread with my regular contributions (perhaps too regular) let me know and I will calm down a bit.

Attachments

• USDJPY.jpg
    USDJPY.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 133
If I am annoying regular posters on this thread with my regular contributions (perhaps too regular) let me know and I will calm down a bit.

Hello Nigel P,

I think most traders who follow the 3 ducks method don't find the need to post their trades which is OK :)

Your are correct about your comment, "EUR / USD seems to have got in a rut." ;)

Andy

Good afternoon.

Very little movement all round today, a good example being my EUR / USD attempt. My entry point (break of low at 1.4364) wasn't reached so no trade. This pair has been confined to a 30 pip approx range all day.

The level I have been watching on the USD / JPY wasn't broken either.

I believe our American friends are taking it easy today so given London is on the wind down now I think I will close my EUR / USD limit order and preserve my puny pot (watch an enormous break to the downside develop now, right on cue after trade close).

Hope I manage to bag some pips tomorrow with the 3 ducks.

Nigel P

Still watching the 90.5 - 90.7 mark on the USD /JPY too.

Nigel, keep em coming. Do you use any filters to NOT take a trade even if it meets all the criteria? I tried it on EUR/AUD, which got trigerred last night sometime, but since then the trade has gone massively close to stop loss and now forming a inverse h&s on 15M TF.

Hi Da DesiTrader

Firstly I would again reiterate that I am very inexperienced with forex trading generally so dont accept what I say at face value. It's gonna be predominantly regurgitated stuff from this forum and elsewhere on the web! But I do like to think I will eventually get to grips with what to look out for in trading generally. I would be delighted to be corrected though if I make mistakes, hence why I have started posting here. I am here to learn, same as most people!

The reservation I would have with the EUR / AUD at the moment is that it appears to be heading into support which hasn't been properly broken since roughly 2000 by my charts. Mind you I only noticed that after going short in that pair myself last Thursday night!

What I want to promote here if I can is discussion regarding the "market knowledge" that Captain Currency refers to. I am able to realise that if being a success in Forex is as simple as entering when this line crosses that one we would all be squillionaires. Very little in life is that easy. There must be a degree of descretion and skill involved. I am trying to learn what to look out for, how to assess the market, identify what increases the chances of a 3 ducks trade being successful. Looking back through the charts there are a lot of 3 ducks winners, but if you were to adopt the robot approach there would be a fair few losers too. I am going to try to post before a trade if I can to say why I'm taking the trade/why not taking the trade. That way I can hopefully build up a reasoning process which will hopefully make what is already a very robust approach profitable for me.

In answer to your question, so far nothing that would say definitely NO to a 3 ducks set up but news, support and resistance, and very basic candlestick analysis would be always considerations.

Finally, I will be aiming to stick rigidly to the 3 ducks rules. You're not going to hey any arsing around with them from me!

Nigel P

Morning

The pairs I am looking at for 3 ducks trades this morning are

Long - GBP / USD;

Short - EUR / GBP and AUD / JPY

If things shape up nicely I would enter in any of the above. There is € and £ news out this morning so I will be monitoring as close as I can. Very busy today at work and out from 10 30 till 1 so mightnt be able to manage as well as if I was in front of the charts. However work is paying for my pints at the weekend at the minute, forex isnt!

Also see my USD / JPY 90.70 level broke last night while I was in my bed. I dont fancy a late entry straighit into the 90.00 level now though.

Nigel P

I am pretty new to the site but not to new to forex. I have not had the ebook sent to me yet but sure i will soon. Would it not work better if you compared the trends with the LMT forex formula from Dean Saunders?

I am pretty new to the site but not to new to forex. I have not had the ebook sent to me yet but sure i will soon. Would it not work better if you compared the trends with the LMT forex formula from Dean Saunders?
Hi realmoney,
We're barely half way through January and I think you have just produced one of the most memorable posts of 2010! Traders are infamous for tinkering with the strategies and systems that others provide for free in an effort to 'improve' them. You're wanting to improve the 3 ducks strategy before you've even received the e-book explaining how it works! That really takes the biscuit. Luckily for you, Captain Currency is an Irishman which means he's got a cracking sense of humour.
Tim.

well its still rolling, I might get lucky today
there is another S at 1.6106
the price action is only slightly better than the comb on Eur/Chf I ve been trying to short since last night
anyone short of it?

damn ... I am getting tired from jumping from one thread to another at times...
but I had a good dream today with 3 girls innnit.
that Aussie dollar I missed again ....

Hi realmoney,
We're barely half way through January and I think you have just produced one of the most memorable posts of 2010! Traders are infamous for tinkering with the strategies and systems that others provide for free in an effort to 'improve' them. You're wanting to improve the 3 ducks strategy before you've even received the e-book explaining how it works! That really takes the biscuit. Luckily for you, Captain Currency is an Irishman which means he's got a cracking sense of humour.
Tim.

My thoughts exactly, I did start to reply but thought it must be a joke.

A potential intraday trade set up

3 Ducks set-up:
EUR.GBP
240min - Price below sma
60min - Price below sma
5min - Looking to sell when price crosses below the 5min sma and low at 0.8690
(see chart)

A 20 pip stop-loss for a 40 pip reward.

Andy.

Attachments

• EURGBP.jpg
    EURGBP.jpg