Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

I think the key thing is to not go in blindly. When the setup is correct, check other indicators and watch for the start of the price movement.

Hello Traders,

A set-up on the Ducks worth looking at?

Attachments

• t2w.jpg
    t2w.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 243
"Stale Bread"! - Maam, you need to keep your Ducks happy and contented or they'll paddle off to more affluent backwaters. Only the finest organic stoneground wholemeal for my mallards.

And you need to keep an eye out for them too....

Aaaaaaaahh!! that’s obviously the reason behind those skittish little 5min Yen ducks spitting their offerings back into the pond of late then!

No wonder their Euro & Franc cousins are happily paddling & quacking in the sunshine if they're swallowing all that quality, healthy wholemeal product.

Note to self: Don't be such a skinflint - feed the ducklies a healthy diet :cheesy:

As a template, I’d imagine it’s working just fine.

Probably not too cracky of late with the slightly skittish conditions, but then this type of moving avg confirmer will always come unstuck in range environments.

If you adopt the principles of the peak-trough behaviour, which this strategy is based on, & drill down to the sub hourly timeframes whilst prices are in range mode, you’ll no doubt register one or two decent signals if you need to trade?

Dust the cobwebs off the handy little strat below, (once again, adhering to it’s principles) & run the 2 in tandem, & you might just kill 2 birds with one stone!

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=26033

now your talking:cheesy:

Yeah, the Oz & Kiwi are a slam dunk & will remain so for a good lick of time yet.

Aussie & U.S rates look like continuing to head in opposite directions. Those pairs v/s the buck & Yen are definitely the less stressful instruments to trade with your ducks huh. Even the pullbacks offer clear "duck" entries :cool:

Hello Traders,

Look how clean and clear the Aussie been!!

In my view that is no real surprise as the US economy and USD is under pressure and has an inverse relationship to gold. AUS is considered to be a world leader in gold mining and also has most of its trade with countires other than the US so is less likely to be affected by any downturn in the US economy. Based on this going Long AUD/USD on a long term trade from quite a while ago was a fundamentally sound trade. I know it has nothing to do with the 3 ducks but just thought I would comment.

Paul

In my view that is no real surprise as the US economy and USD is under pressure and has an inverse relationship to gold. AUS is considered to be a world leader in gold mining and also has most of its trade with countires other than the US so is less likely to be affected by any downturn in the US economy. Based on this going Long AUD/USD on a long term trade from quite a while ago was a fundamentally sound trade. I know it has nothing to do with the 3 ducks but just thought I would comment.

Paul

Hello Trader333,

Yes, Aussie dollar is looking good against the USD for a number of reason, espically Ampro's earlier observation about the interest rate differencial going in opposite ways. So yes fundamentals have been good for the Aussie for the last while - I think what I was trying to point out from my chart was how you could pick a clear entry and how the trend was strong with very few or little pullbacks. Guess this is fundamentals and technicalls lining up? :LOL:

Kind Regards,