Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

Didn't spot anything today (was on PC from about 10am).

BTW I only scan: EUR/USD, EUR/JPY, GBP/USD, GBP/EUR and USD/JPY (reason: they have reasonable movement to grab enough points to make it worthwhile risking money; I tried scanning all the Major and Minor FX pairs but missed opportunities because it took so damned long to check. :LOL: )

Hello shadowninja,

Cable gave an opp. today. A trader on another forum :eek: had a good run up on cable earlier this am.

Kind Regards,

"Charlie dont sleep"

You snooze, You lose! :D

Kind Regards,

"Your Captains right, remember gentlemen, theres nothin like the smell of coin in the morning" Colonel Coin.

Attachments

• Colonel_Coin.jpg
    Colonel_Coin.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 664
If you set this up in Radarscreen you can have all the FX pairs you like and have them automatically alert you with a a chosen sound which would be the best way to do it in my view.

Paul

Today was good. At least three opportunities on different pairs. Shame they all happened around the same time so I could only grab one. Also, made minimal points because it retraced a fair bit and I panicked... shortly before it dropped about 50 points. I am thinking that when I set the stop, I set a limit of 35 and go away from the PC to let nature take its course. What do you think, Captain?

PS in case anyone was interested in seeing if I could turn £20k into £40k. I got bored earning fake money and decided to just use this 3 Ducks system to earn real money.

Hello Shadoninja,

I cant really tell you what to do when your in a position, that has to be YOUR call! The market was a bit choppy on some pairs yesterday, so do freak out just because it retraced. Its not always going to be plain sailing.

Kind Regards,

12 point loss today. (Was slowly moving SL towards breakeven.) Not a problem because there is a greater probability that when I pick a 3 ducks set up, I get about 40-50 points, so I'll take it on the chin. :) (eg yesterday I identified 2 and acted on 1 [fingers not fast enough]; ok I bailed too soon but I could have taken 50 points, and every time I've used this system in the past it's been around that size of win). It's the "edge" and overall should result in profit, mefinks.

Well, until recently, hope and pray it climbs enough and then bail when I think it's turning quite a lot (I guess a mental trailing stop of 10-15 points).

I am going to experiment with a limit/target of 30 points and a stop of 18 (minimum IG allow). It shouldn't go anywhere near the 18; if it does then it was a failed set up and I should bail before it hit the stop. Will keep moving the stop up to 18 points behind because I am still undisciplined. That's what kicked me out today. In the event, it turned quite a lot so I am glad I had a physical stop, not just a mental one.

From a numbers game viewpoint, the reward/risk is 30/18 and the likelihood of it rewarding me is about 65%. (Guestimate figures.)

Any comments/advice?

For those of you using the "The 3 Duck's Trading System - framework", what % of your trades are you finding are profitable?

Also, what is the size of the average win, compared to the average loss?

Thanks a lot.

They've all worked so far. Average win has been 345.44 pips.

shotgun! - for the intellectual property to this simple but effective miracle worker!...
I'm going to market this baby ;) .

PS. but seriously - how well is it working for users?

Thanks.

Sell, Sell, Sell..

shotgun! - for the intellectual property to this simple but effective miracle worker!...
I'm going to market this baby ;) .

Thanks.

Flog it. How much for? I might be interested... How much will the market stand?

As a template, I’d imagine it’s working just fine.

Probably not too cracky of late with the slightly skittish conditions, but then this type of moving avg confirmer will always come unstuck in range environments.

If you adopt the principles of the peak-trough behaviour, which this strategy is based on, & drill down to the sub hourly timeframes whilst prices are in range mode, you’ll no doubt register one or two decent signals if you need to trade?

Dust the cobwebs off the handy little strat below, (once again, adhering to it’s principles) & run the 2 in tandem, & you might just kill 2 birds with one stone!

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=26033

Hello Traders,

I thought you where all on holidays! Yes markets and some pairs are very 50/50 of late - which is ok with me if I accept that Im not going to have the 100 pip plus winners that I had a few weeks ago. The Ducks are not giving as many signals in these conditions as they simply are not all line up - which is a good thing! I have reduced my targets on any trades, stops-losses are more or less the same, other than that, all is well in the world. Its good learning for a trader to see different "seasons" in the market.

As for "averages" JTrader - best thing to do is get a pencil and paper and forward test the next 10-20 trades you get from the Ducks, that way you will find out what YOUR average is. ;)

Kind Regards,