Thanks IB

osho67

Thanks Ib

IB has been very helpful to me in my a/c opening process. I opened the a/c and I thought I had opted for GBP as base currency. But the a/c base currency was USD-my fault. I remitted the funds to them in GBP for a USD a/c. So many e mail were exchanged and IB was very supportive and helpful.My e mail were promptly answered.

Eventually I opened another a/c -this time making sure it was a GBP a/c. The new a/c is now fully open and funded by GBP which I had remitted. The transfer of funds was made to new a/c.

There was so much confusion Two user ids Two passwords and two a/c IDs . After about a fortnight things have ended well. I think IB gave me excellent service.

please better give us the cont no you got hold of, because all the people here think they c/service are not normal.

genti,

I have never ever had anything but excellent service from IB.

I send money and it's in my account the same day.
TWS has never crashed on me, nor stopped responding.

If IBs servers or Globex go down I know what I have to do. i.e. use a backup SB account for hedging as an when necessary.

JonnyT

Jon , i havent got an acc with them and probably will not.

but what i can say is , have sand an email to Dawn Sun since two month and never heard from her, or probably you recoment to me to send the email to Up Sun.

Ta
Genti

genti said:
all the people here think they c/service are not normal.

That is NOT true. You do not have an account with IB, so therefore you are not in a position to talk about the service to their customers, nor indeed are you qualified to speak on behalf of everyone here!

I have never had one single problem with IB, and from the service I have received to date if I did have a problem I know it would be resolved promptly and courteously.

genti said:
but what i can say is , have sand an email to Dawn Sun since two month and never heard from her, or probably you recoment to me to send the email to Up Sun.

Errr ... this just doesn't make sense; perhaps nobody could understand what you were trying to ask in your email? :D

I tested the speed at which you could reach the trading desk and be able to close a trade from the point at which you identified a problem and it was less than 60 seconds. Personally I have the IB number programmed in at position # 1 on both my home phone and mobile.

Paul

Paul,

could you please post the contact numbers you have for IB.

Many thanks.

Thanks Oldun,

Ive just started using IB, can somebody tell me when shorting US stocks why there is 'sell short and also 'sell'- do both work?

Use 'sell' to sell a stock you own to close or partially close a long position.

Use 'sell short' to take a short position, ie sell a stock you do not own.

Oldun

The number I use is as Oldun says

001 312 542-6901

immediately select 2 then 1

Cheers

Paul

Last edited:
boy -
There is really no difference for ordinary retail accounts. They know how many shares you own already! For example, if you are long 500 shares, you can sell 1000 and you will be 500 short. The 2 buttons are there for institutions, where they may have shares that IB doesn't know about.
Steve

Thanks Paul,Steve.

Oldun, I sold short with 'sell', it seems they both do the same job as I asked IB chat help.

Last edited:
talking abt excellent service... yesterday, i was trying to solve a problem with the free version of medveds quotetracker. support is by email, so i sent them my query.

Within 5 minutes ( yes! no typo!) , within 5 minutes! (or less) i received a full reply with the correct answer. A follow up email was also answered as promptly and well as the previously.... must admit, if ya get service like that then you just can't stop talking about it... :)

Skimbleshanks said:

Errr ... this just doesn't make sense; perhaps nobody could understand what you were trying to ask in your email? :D

im sure she would understand the word seminar, and if she didn't the dictionary would have helped her.

by the way, im lucky that the word seminar is the same in my language as well, otherwise i might have got it wrong?

Last edited:
You learn someting every day. I shall now worry less about which button I hit!

Thanks.

Agree totally with Skim - never had any problems.

Had PATS trading platform before - much more sophisticated but at £300 per month it should be, but it was much less reliable than IB.

Re: telephone numbers try 0800 015 0203

Genti,

Who were you referring to in your last post as I didnt respond to anything you have written and as far as I am aware Skim, (who is a lady), is not called Paul in real life ?

Paul