tencorp vs trader_dante - discussion

why is my trade "ridiculous"? because it's not the way you would do things?

It is ridiculous for lots of reasons. You are doing everything wrong. Your attack on GJ was an excellent indication that you haven't got a clue.

Tencorp appears to have left the building. I guess trader_dante is too busy to keep up the thread on his own. :whistling

jj

His longs been triggered along with a lot of other buy stop orders. Although its a system, it looks like a rookies entry. i dont like it one bit.

Is it a mech system that spits ou buy sell zones or human sytem that buys breaks etc... ?

looks like a test of 9800/9900 zones coming and poss punch through 9700

especially if this dollar strength continues I can see the yen pushing 105/110 from the longs off of 97.80

See what happens but at this stage its big n hairy and not a pretty sight.

His longs been triggered along with a lot of other buy stop orders. Although its a system, it looks like a rookies entry. i dont like it one bit.

Is it a mech system that spits ou buy sell zones or human sytem that buys breaks etc... ?

looks like a test of 9800/9900 zones coming and poss punch through 9700

especially if this dollar strength continues I can see the yen pushing 105/110 from the longs off of 97.80

See what happens but at this stage its big n hairy and not a pretty sight.

no one is hiding dante. i am a systems vendor myself and very confident in its performance. with just a few minutes work each night my clients can achieve incredible rewards. i use a moving average system but its black box. still if you want to pit yourself against me then i will give my signals in realtime as long as you do too and we will see who comes out on top.

:whistling

See what happens but at this stage its big n hairy and not a pretty sight.[/QUOTE]

:LOL::clap:

XXXXXXXXXXX

that has never happened in a scale like that excpet in the bobl a few yrs ago and that was christmas time. u think that happens every few weeks? we are talking here of 170 ticks
that was not a market order listen to destroyer, market orders do not come in times like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy to close £1 Usd/Cad at 1.0202

Net profit: £16

Trade #1: +52 / £364
Trade #2: +35 / £35
Trade #3: +16 / £16

Total: £415

Hi T_D,

I've posted a quick update on my "non-day job revenue streams" over on your "Making Money Trading" thread.

Just thought I'd throw a general pointer out there about the confidence on a trader's much alluded-to "high probability entry edge" as I believe it's relevant.

I actually think I'm doing something pretty similiar on Betfair to tencrop.

namely, waiting for each market to come to me ie I'm betting on US horse-racing favs to lose at present; BF have 200+ US races each day available for betting.

I pick just one race per day and lay, lay & lay again on short-priced favs I believe will lose.

In doing so, I bet a huge % of my account balance.

As an analogy to TC's appraoch, I think he's only in the midst of his 1st competitive trade here (so he's being extremely patient); however, he's ramping up his risk in hope of outpreforming you when he does move, in the hope of winning the comp.

The point I'm making is this; outcome is critical; having one successful trade that you have faith in - and the "minerals" to back it up - is all you need to be successful.

That's why I avoid the approx 199 other races - not to mention the UK & Irish races!!

In closing, I have no doubt that you'll be both successful at this; who wins is anyones guess.

You are both doing what works for ye.

Best of luck,

VS

Last edited:
Moved post above as its discussion not main thread material.

If tencorp was really a system trader (highly doubtful by this point) then he certainly wouldn't be:

"I actually think I'm doing something pretty similiar on Betfair to tencrop. namely, waiting for each market to come to me ie I'm betting on US horse-racing favs to lose at present; BF have 200+ US races each day available for betting."

The point I'm making is this; outcome is critical; having one successful trade that you have faith in - and the "minerals" to back it up - is all you need to be successful.

This is the worst piece of trading advice I've ever seen. Putting all your eggs in one basket like this is a recipe for wipe-out.

Vince, I think the way to make really big profits is not by taking large risk on your initial balance but rather on your open P&L.

For example, take a market that has been in a long term downtrend and then trades sideways on low volume for a long period of time.

You could trade a breakout to the upside anticipating a bottom in the market and a new trend up but taking an initial position size of 2%.

When the market begins to go your way you can use breakouts of consolidation areas to increase your position massively but all the time making sure that your risk DECREASES.

This is the worst piece of trading advice I've ever seen. Putting all your eggs in one basket like this is a recipe for wipe-out.

You're missing the cut & thrust of the point I'm trying to make lad...

Happy to provide you with my BF P&L since I started using this new approach - an a more in-depth analysis of my thinking - via a PM.

I think T_D will vouch that I'm not a "greenhorn" - been trading since Feb 2004, making alot of money using my user-name's products along the way...change of personal circumstance meant my time was limited in the evenings & I needed something slightly "quicker & neat".

A general perusal of my posts to date should confirm that....

Regards
VS

You're missing the cut & thrust of the point I'm trying to make lad...I'm not using that approach to TRADE, but to BOOKMAKE.

Bookmaking being a profession of course, where individuals such as W Hill & P Power are queuing up to file for bankruptcy...

now concentrate for this bit - otherwise you'll miss my point (again...)

The analogy I was drawing (I'll say the word 'analogy' again, as my terminology above clearly didn't register at the 1st time of asking...) was between the execution of the trade in the markets & the lay on BF.

"wait 'til you're sure - when you are then sure, you push. Only one outcome is required to be profitable. No over-trading needed."

I manage risk subject to pre-defined levels; I have profit-taking & capital preservation goals.

Just like any bookie....

Happy to provide you with my BF P&L since I started using this new approach - an a more in-depth analysis of my thinking - via a PM.

I think T_D will vouch that I'm not a "greenhorn" - been trading since Feb 2004, making alot of money using my user-name's products along the way...change of personal circumstance meant my time was limited in the evenings & I needed something slightly "quicker & neat".

A general perusal of my posts to date should confirm that....

Regards
VS

Rofl

(sorry, couldn't help it!)

.....Glad you found it SO amusing!!!!!!

Apologies - I didn't realise I was in the presence of "trading greatness". (don't suppose you're George Soros in disguise???....)

My IG index P&L is available via PM, if you wish to have a look.

Some of the more senior member on this site are SNIP (a recurring theme on this site, granted...)

I'd rather "iron my sack for two months" (rotfl now??) than have to listen to the likes of what passes for constructive commentary on this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't doubting you make money Vince, and it seriously wasn't meant to be a snide remark (many apologies if you took it as such), but you did leave yourself wide open with that one.