TA Indicators

Drummond Geometry

This is the first referal to 'Drummond Geometry' I have come across on this site. Tell me please, is 'IT' what I think it may be?
Dave

QUOTE=madasafish]Hi Neil
I'm not using 5 mas or an MA cross at all. I'm using Drummond Geometry

http://www.tedtick.com/IntroductiontoDrummondGeometry.doc

There is a great deal of information plus a free tutorial..

I trade DAX using this method subject to the following rules.

Price is far away from 20 ema 2 mins (the yellow line)
20 ema is NOT horizontal

in other words I doi not trade flat markets or consolidations.
With IB and Autotrader a 1 point gain is profitable after commissions.. so why not trade evry move whcih will give more than 3 points move. Set a very close stop (I use 3.5 and move to breakeven the next bar after the one I move into profit. )

You can of course trade a 5/10-30 min charts but then I would rewrite the signal to go long when the bar turns green (long) or short (red). The bars are colour coded on a scan.

I've used IRT for 2 years now and it keeps being upgraded IMO it is more powerful than 90% of all programs has multi period display in the same chart and lots of backtesting etc.. Sirra cannot do most of the things IRT can...

Go to http://www.linnsoft.com/index.html and read the reprinted review..[/QUOTE]

There are tons of other indicators

If you goto www.stockcharts.com and/or bigcharts.com, graph and symbol, then go change the chart settings, you'll get dropdowns of various other indicators.

Some are really just copies of each other and imo, most of them suffer from time frame myopia, in that they judge everything from the time frame they've been set to. Imo, they issue signals that become progressively less useful, the more the price move strays from the time frame they are set to.

In my own work, I've gotten the best results from blending various indicators that are looking at different aspects, examples put call ratio, vix, mclellan summation ratios to name a few. You can then use them to corsscheck eachother and look for a consensus to make a buy-sell decision.

bottomdollar said:
Hi guys
Was just wondering.. my favourite indicators are RSI, MACD, CCI and MA.. these are indicators which have been around for donkeys.. even before computers were used to process stock data.
With the advance in computers, are there any indicators which have been formed or evolved which work more reliably than the aforementioned? What do people use these days?
Cheers all
BottomDollar

can anybody send me the excel work sheet with calculation of average Directional Index, +DI, -DI.

m.s.murty

How do you like it so far?

Hi Madasfish
Just wondering how you like it so far? How long you been following it? Thanks so much
R_T.
Hi Neil
I'm not using 5 mas or an MA cross at all. I'm using Drummond Geometry

TedTick.com : Products developed for the active trader

There is a great deal of information plus a free tutorial..

I trade DAX using this method subject to the following rules.

Price is far away from 20 ema 2 mins (the yellow line)
20 ema is NOT horizontal

in other words I doi not trade flat markets or consolidations.
With IB and Autotrader a 1 point gain is profitable after commissions.. so why not trade evry move whcih will give more than 3 points move. Set a very close stop (I use 3.5 and move to breakeven the next bar after the one I move into profit. )

You can of course trade a 5/10-30 min charts but then I would rewrite the signal to go long when the bar turns green (long) or short (red). The bars are colour coded on a scan.

I've used IRT for 2 years now and it keeps being upgraded IMO it is more powerful than 90% of all programs has multi period display in the same chart and lots of backtesting etc.. Sirra cannot do most of the things IRT can...

Go to Investor/RT: The Trader's Ultimate Toolbox and read the reprinted review..