TA Indicators

madasafish

470 5
Hi Neil
I'm not using 5 mas or an MA cross at all. I'm using Drummond Geometry

http://www.tedtick.com/IntroductiontoDrummondGeometry.doc

There is a great deal of information plus a free tutorial..

I trade DAX using this method subject to the following rules.

Price is far away from 20 ema 2 mins (the yellow line)
20 ema is NOT horizontal

in other words I doi not trade flat markets or consolidations.
With IB and Autotrader a 1 point gain is profitable after commissions.. so why not trade evry move whcih will give more than 3 points move. Set a very close stop (I use 3.5 and move to breakeven the next bar after the one I move into profit. )

You can of course trade a 5/10-30 min charts but then I would rewrite the signal to go long when the bar turns green (long) or short (red). The bars are colour coded on a scan.

I've used IRT for 2 years now and it keeps being upgraded IMO it is more powerful than 90% of all programs has multi period display in the same chart and lots of backtesting etc.. Sirra cannot do most of the things IRT can...

Go to http://www.linnsoft.com/index.html and read the reprinted review..

jeadie1

16 0
IRT

madasafish,

A question about IRT, can you link charts. IE with a 5 min chart and a 1 minute chart of ES open, if you move back in time on the 5 minute does the 1 minute automatically scroll back to the appropriate time ?

Thanks

Rognvald

Established member
916 15
Hi MF
I have sent you a pm - hope you don't mind :)
Ron

FTSE Beater

Experienced member
1,518 5
LOL HalfButt :LOL:

Look closely, it's BigB's avatar ;)

Either that or 5400 people don't like BB :cheesy:

SOCRATES

Veteren member
4,966 136
blash said:
Futures are often used as a leading indicator particularly if trading stocks.
The trouble is if your trading futures you dont have a leading indicator for the leading indicator, if you see what i mean.
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
This is absolutely wonderful. I have made a poster out of this if you don't mind and have
it pinned on my wall. It never fails to make me smile. Many thanks.
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

dave mitchell

4 0
Drummond Geometry

This is the first referal to 'Drummond Geometry' I have come across on this site. Tell me please, is 'IT' what I think it may be?
Dave

QUOTE=madasafish]Hi Neil

http://www.tedtick.com/IntroductiontoDrummondGeometry.doc

20 ema is NOT horizontal

With IB and Autotrader a 1 point gain is profitable after commissions.. so why not trade evry move whcih will give more than 3 points move. Set a very close stop (I use 3.5 and move to breakeven the next bar after the one I move into profit. )

You can of course trade a 5/10-30 min charts but then I would rewrite the signal to go long when the bar turns green (long) or short (red). The bars are colour coded on a scan.

I've used IRT for 2 years now and it keeps being upgraded IMO it is more powerful than 90% of all programs has multi period display in the same chart and lots of backtesting etc.. Sirra cannot do most of the things IRT can...

Go to http://www.linnsoft.com/index.html and read the reprinted review..[/QUOTE]

mr_cassandra

349 36
There are tons of other indicators

If you goto www.stockcharts.com and/or bigcharts.com, graph and symbol, then go change the chart settings, you'll get dropdowns of various other indicators.

Some are really just copies of each other and imo, most of them suffer from time frame myopia, in that they judge everything from the time frame they've been set to. Imo, they issue signals that become progressively less useful, the more the price move strays from the time frame they are set to.

In my own work, I've gotten the best results from blending various indicators that are looking at different aspects, examples put call ratio, vix, mclellan summation ratios to name a few. You can then use them to corsscheck eachother and look for a consensus to make a buy-sell decision.

bottomdollar said:
Hi guys
Was just wondering.. my favourite indicators are RSI, MACD, CCI and MA.. these are indicators which have been around for donkeys.. even before computers were used to process stock data.
With the advance in computers, are there any indicators which have been formed or evolved which work more reliably than the aforementioned? What do people use these days?
Cheers all
BottomDollar

RelaxedTrader

15 1
How do you like it so far?

Hi Madasfish
Just wondering how you like it so far? How long you been following it? Thanks so much
R_T.
Hi Neil

TedTick.com : Products developed for the active trader

20 ema is NOT horizontal

Go to Investor/RT: The Trader's Ultimate Toolbox and read the reprinted review..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock