T2W Tom aka Trader Dante Appreciation Thread

The difference between a typical golf pro and a trader is the pro only makes money from training. Only a small group of golfers make big money through sponsorships and winning big competitions.
A trader on the other hand can make money regularly and shouldn't need to collect membership fees for people they teach. You don't see warren buffet teaching do you.

Not true Dude, many pro golfer's have made money from competitive golfing and teach. In south wales for example Dai Llewellyn who won the world matchplay championships with Ian Woosenam is one of the leading coaches, and made plenty of money on tour. I think you'll find Faldo heavily involved with youth coaching.

It would surely be nieve to suggest buffet doesn't mentor the staff on his team to groom the next chief exef at Hathaway would it not?

you don't see many golf pro's who cant play golf. how many vendors cant trade profitably?

I recently saw one 'mentor' double counting pips. He was scaling into positions and adding up the individual pips and quoting the total to newbs. muppet.

Can't quite remember how many majors butch harmen or david leadbetter won? Two leading golf coaches, and Sir Alex never set the football world on fire, argueably the best football manager this country's seen, Sir Clive Woodward, not exactly memorable.

I will agree, however, that due to many being attracted to the get rich quick myth of trading many chancers and conmen are drawn to sucker these types in. People have to realise, like anything in life, you take out what you put in, and if your willing to learn, study charts, read and read, and experience, surely you have half a chance. If you wanna just look at the screen, some mad software programme, indicator or signal service, that's cool cos someone needs to lose in order for others to profit.

Others being me hopefully!

clive woodward played for england and went on 2 lions tours. so yeah he was pretty good.

clive woodward played for england and went on 2 lions tours. so yeah he was pretty good.

I believe he had 21 england caps and 2 lions caps. Early eighties wasn't a shining time for quality UK rugby, my Nan could have probably got capped.

But point taken, Would graham henry suit you better, Kiwi school teacher?

i dont like j16 because all he did is rehash and gloss that method,he is a system seller who is not a trader a phoney and lied to all his followers when he was found out, a thread against him on ff was binned.
same as jacko he ran a scam on ff and ran away with all his followers cash,they all thought he was god on his thread told everyone he traded 2000$ a pip:LOL: but like j16 he just wanted to give something back,:sleep: for a price

Yeh, but look at the amount of people who could not see that J16 and Jacko were w*nkers. The same types of people who would blow themselves up in a busy shopping precinct if you asked them nicely. Some people are weak by nature, and easily hooked.

Not true Dude, many pro golfer's have made money from competitive golfing and teach. In south wales for example Dai Llewellyn who won the world matchplay championships with Ian Woosenam is one of the leading coaches, and made plenty of money on tour. I think you'll find Faldo heavily involved with youth coaching.

It would surely be nieve to suggest buffet doesn't mentor the staff on his team to groom the next chief exef at Hathaway would it not?

I said the typical golf pro not all of them. You don't see tiger teaching do you. What you have to remember that they have to first win or be a runner up in a comp to make money which means they have to teach to make ends meat. The big guns however make enough from sponsorship and comps so they don't need to teach to make ends meat... Golfers are a terrible example and not a comparative example of the topic at hand. This was the message I was trying to convey.

I think you will find the only naive person here is the one that assumes warren buffet teaches his staff without evidence of the fact. If you were taught his skills would you not go off on your own? I think you will find that his skills have an element of natural talent which is difficult if not impossible to teach.

I believe he had 21 england caps and 2 lions caps. Early eighties wasn't a shining time for quality UK rugby, my Nan could have probably got capped.

But point taken, Would graham henry suit you better, Kiwi school teacher?

mate i werent even born then, i was just being faseeshus

I said the typical golf pro not all of them. You don't see tiger teaching do you. What you have to remember that they have to first win or be a runner up in a comp to make money which means they have to teach to make ends meat. The big guns however make enough from sponsorship and comps so they don't need to teach to make ends meat... Golfers are a terrible example and not a comparative example of the topic at hand. This was the message I was trying to convey.

I think you will find the only naive person here is the one that assumes warren buffet teaches his staff without evidence of the fact. If you were taught his skills would you not go off on your own? I think you will find that his skills have an element of natural talent which is difficult if not impossible to teach.

There are many guys on the nationwide tour in America (equivalent of the football championship) who make a very good living out of golf, and you or I will never have heard their names, because in top level golfing terms they're nobodies.

Maybe sport in general is a bad example, because there's so many examples of top level coaches who have never made it to the top of their sport.

I have no fact that buffet teaches his staff, however, teaching and mentoring staff who then leave is an issue for many companies large and small. If we apply that theory to bricklaying, we wouldn't have any bricklayers because people would be too scared to teach them.

There are many major organisations across industry, commerce, finance, who take on trainee's and do exactly that, teach and mentor. Many people who come out of university with top degrees have to be retaught by their companies in how things should be done.

Even in top level management there are succession plans and personal development reviews that work on their employee's strengths and weekness' in order to mold them for the top jobs. So no, i don't think it is naive to think buffet operates along similar lines, it would strike me as very sensible, although I agree natural talent would be a major advantage, but still requiring an element of molding.

There are many guys on the nationwide tour in America (equivalent of the football championship) who make a very good living out of golf, and you or I will never have heard their names, because in top level golfing terms they're nobodies.

Maybe sport in general is a bad example, because there's so many examples of top level coaches who have never made it to the top of their sport.

I have no fact that buffet teaches his staff, however, teaching and mentoring staff who then leave is an issue for many companies large and small. If we apply that theory to bricklaying, we wouldn't have any bricklayers because people would be too scared to teach them.

There are many major organisations across industry, commerce, finance, who take on trainee's and do exactly that, teach and mentor. Many people who come out of university with top degrees have to be retaught by their companies in how things should be done.

Even in top level management there are succession plans and personal development reviews that work on their employee's strengths and weekness' in order to mold them for the top jobs. So no, i don't think it is naive to think buffet operates along similar lines, it would strike me as very sensible, although I agree natural talent would be a major advantage, but still requiring an element of molding.

In all professions, teaching is always the cushy number.

Give market wizards a whirl dude, michael marcus mentored by seykota, marcus taught kovner. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Marcus_(trader)

Point being other top top top traders, mentored other guy's who turned out to be top top top traders. Sure Buffet would be feelin that, in fact, he himself had a mentor did he not, Ben Graham anyone?

Point is dude, everyone, yes everyone needs a little help from time to time! But without a doubt that help needs to come from someone who knows what there doing, and in this line of work, that ain't easy to find!

when i am done with trading i want to be a geography teacher.

hopefully by then you will be able to clip the little buggers round the ear.

when i am done with trading i want to be a geography teacher.

hopefully by then you will be able to clip the little buggers round the ear.

Some of the stories she comes home with, I'd have been imprisoned for supreme violence a long time ago! And they ain't little buggers, there full on monsters who need army bootcamp or something, break em right down to wimpering little balls before performing complete personality restructuring. But that's just my opinon of course.